UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: P0rkRoyalz on November 23, 2012, 01:36:35 am

Title: error when i load my map
Post by: P0rkRoyalz on November 23, 2012, 01:36:35 am
when i load my map i "click" the mouse to proceed to play the map then i have this error thrown in my face
CL_InitCGame:  0.31 seconds
Com_TouchMemory: 0 msec. Using sum: -1094529386
Hiding channel: gamenotify
Hiding channel: obituary
Adding channel: gamenotify
Adding channel: obituary
Hiding channel: boldgame
Adding channel: boldgame
Hiding channel: subtitle
Adding channel: subtitle
Hiding channel: coopinfo
Adding channel: coopinfo
Database: Assets Sync Started
Database: Assets Sync Finished
Fade in 14918 1250
MAX_SCENE_SURFS_SIZE(131072*2) exceeded - not drawing surface

Unhandled exception caught

i removed things from my map with notepad++ and then it worked then i replaced them and then it does this again (why did i use notepad++ so i could remove the most recent things they are at the bottom of the .map) anyway i dont know if this error acctually means anything but can someone let me know if it does or if they had the same thing happen to them and they fixed it somehow
thanks
Title: Re: error when i load my map
Post by: treminaor on November 23, 2012, 02:32:48 am
MAX_SCENE_SURFS_SIZE(131072*2) exceeded - not drawing surface
dafuq?

As far as your unhanded exception, start by commenting any new code since the last time the map worked. Slowly uncomment it function by function until you find the culprit function. Next, start by commenting the entire function. Uncomment it line by line (taking care to keep {} paired and loops correct, obviously) until you arrive at the line or code block that causes the crash. CoD Debugging 101 lol.
Post by: P0rkRoyalz on November 23, 2012, 02:45:46 am
wait, so do you mean commenting out fucntions in my scripts? i havent touched anything to do with scripts for about a month. ive only been building my actual map... and added a couple of fx but i dont think its the fx.
Post by: treminaor on November 23, 2012, 02:47:07 am
Oh i misread the actual problem. Something in your map is wrong - one or more of your objects has an insane amount of surfaces (or one thats insanely big) and it's crashing the engine. What part of your map do you have to remove to fix it?
Post by: P0rkRoyalz on November 23, 2012, 08:22:19 am
do you mean object as in brushes or models because these are the most recent brushes i made in my map and i tried removing them but it still crashes and there is a weird lighting error with it (i think its to do with the lighting...?)
thats in radiant everything is fine
(http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t520/SMWFTW/Untitled-2.png)

and in game it looks like this
(http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t520/SMWFTW/2012-11-23_00001.jpg)

What part of your map do you have to remove to fix it?
im not completely sure i just selected a bunch of crap in notepad++ to test so im going with trial and error to find the brush/model that is causing it
Post by: Earth on November 23, 2012, 02:34:28 pm
do you mean object as in brushes or models because these are the most recent brushes i made in my map and i tried removing them but it still crashes and there is a weird lighting error with it (i think its to do with the lighting...?)
thats in radiant everything is fine
(http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t520/SMWFTW/Untitled-2.png)
and in game it looks like this
(http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t520/SMWFTW/2012-11-23_00001.jpg)
that's normal. that's how that texture is. don't know why it doesn't show up correctly in radiant.
Post by: P0rkRoyalz on November 24, 2012, 04:38:44 am
that's normal. that's how that texture is. don't know why it doesn't show up correctly in radiant.
thanks ill just change that then, but i actually found the problem the problem was one of my doors and it was one of the asylum prefab doors and i stamped it and made each part of the door to script brush models and i have normal kvps everything was fine it even worked at one stage but it just stopped working i dont know why but i will have to work around it somehow, i tried putting a different model/brush for the door and it still crashes the game and i dont have any idea why would someone be willing to check out my .map to see if ive done something majorly wrong? i have plenty of other doors and blockers in my map and this one just wont work now and obviously crashes the game so if someone would, could they check out my.map for any major errors? thanks (pm me if you could)
Post by: daedra descent on November 24, 2012, 10:46:10 pm
thanks ill just change that then, but i actually found the problem the problem was one of my doors and it was one of the asylum prefab doors and i stamped it and made each part of the door to script brush models and i have normal kvps everything was fine it even worked at one stage but it just stopped working i dont know why but i will have to work around it somehow, i tried putting a different model/brush for the door and it still crashes the game and i dont have any idea why would someone be willing to check out my .map to see if ive done something majorly wrong? i have plenty of other doors and blockers in my map and this one just wont work now and obviously crashes the game so if someone would, could they check out my.map for any major errors? thanks (pm me if you could)

Reminds me of the cheap Gamecube controller i bought at the General Dollar store. one moment it works fine, the next its a paper weight.