UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: whippytrout on November 18, 2014, 01:49:18 am

Title: Help with UGX mod problems
Post by: whippytrout on November 18, 2014, 01:49:18 am
I have spent days trying to get the UGX mod working but I just cant do it. I've followed every video and wiki tutorial posted to the letter several times and even re-installed my call of duty and mod tools 3 times now. I just cant get it to work. I can get the test map that the UGX script placer creates working but I cant get my map working.
Here's my questions:
1. can a .map file with nothing but brushes and a few models cause 400fx error? Because somehow mine is.
2. Is there a certain way to use an existing .map file when using UGX script placer?

I hope a UGX member or someone could help me out because I love mapping but the past few days working on the UGX mod have been a living hell for me.  :(

Thanks,
WhippyTrout
Title: Re: Help with UGX mod problems
Post by: treminaor on November 18, 2014, 02:05:27 am
Did you check this? http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=UGX_Mod_Standalone_Installation#Frequently_Asked_Questions (http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=UGX_Mod_Standalone_Installation#Frequently_Asked_Questions)
Post by: whippytrout on November 18, 2014, 02:58:29 am
Yes I have read the entire page and tried everything mentioned. Like I said It seems the .map file is causing the 400fx error. How is this possible? Is there a way to find irregular items in my .map file? By that I mean something besides brushes and models that could possibly be causing the error.

--edit: I compiled my map with 2 of my previous maps and everything ran fine so something is wrong with my map file. Any ideas on what it could be?
Post by: BluntStuffy on November 18, 2014, 05:35:29 pm
--edit: I compiled my map with 2 of my previous maps and everything ran fine so something is wrong with my map file. Any ideas on what it could be?

So what you're saying is you compiled the same MOD with an older map-file, and it works fine.
Then you renamed the map-file's, and compile the same MOD, and things are screwed up?
Post by: whippytrout on November 18, 2014, 08:27:56 pm
Yep, same mod just different .map file. codmoddd1234 told me to move my .map into a new .map a few pieces at a time and so far it seems to be working. I'll let ya know how it goes. I'm praying that this continues to work.  :D