UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => The Walking Dead => Topic started by: Dust on November 17, 2014, 06:35:15 am

Title: [Spoiler] S05E06 "Consumed"
Post by: Dust on November 17, 2014, 06:35:15 am
TOPIC CONTAINS SPOILERS
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FEUY4jfc.jpg&hash=41af461c798940775e1bfa2bda1fc094c40735b6)

This episode we got to see Daryl and Carol and what happened to them between them going after the car that took Beth up to the point of Carol arriving at the hospital badly injured.

This episode starts with Daryl and Carol following the car that they believe to be heading to the place where Beth is at. Carol suggests just ramming the car off the road but Daryl said it is better for them to follow and not be seen, that way they can see where exactly Beth is at. He is a tracker after all, so he knows how to follow people without being seen.

They soon run out of gas,however, and they have to ditch the car, but they have a good idea of where the car is going. They stop at a family shelter where her and her daughter, Sophia, stayed at for a day and a half to get away from her abusive husband before the zombie apocalypse.

Daryl keeps on trying to get her to open up to him about what happened with the girls. When they are fixing to go to sleep, they hear a loud noise, and they then find a door with a couple kids who have been zombiefied. Carol wants to put them down but Daryl says that she doesn't have to. When Daryl sees how sad Carol looks he decides to burn the zombies on the fire. Carol then says thank you to him.

They then notice a van on a bridge that looks like it belongs to the same place as the place Beth is at. When they go to check it out, they see it hanging off the bridge. They search it for clues and find it says Grady Memorial Hospital. So now they finally find out where Beth is at. They get ambushed by walkers,however, and the only way out is to jump off the edge in the van. Which somehow, ends up landing right side up when it lands.

They then find a building with zombies in tents and sleeping bags. Carol and Daryl both kill all the walkers in there and as they are fixing to leave they run into none other than Noah, who doesn't act friendly to them, he makes Daryl drop his crossbow, and then he takes it.

They catch up with Noah a bit later in the episode, and Daryl tackles him and a bookcase falls on Noah. A walker is fixing to bite Noah, and Daryl is fixing to leave him behind when Carol begs him to save him. He saves him, but then Noah notices a car outside and says that he needs to leave because it's the same car from the hospital. Daryl asks him if a blond girl(beth) is there, and Noah says that she saved him. They run outside hoping to ambush the car, but Carol gets run over instead. I guess Carol's parents never taught her to look both ways before crossing the street. Daryl wants to help her, but Noah says that the doctors will help her. Noah says that they have too many people and too many guns for them to just run into the hospital, just the 2 of them. So Daryl tells Noah that they should go get the rest of Daryl's group.

All in all this was a pretty decent episode, not the best, not the worst. It was interesting to see how much Carol and Daryl has developed as characters, as they mentioned a bunch in this episode, they are not the same people they was before.

Next weeks episode, we finally get to reunite with all the characters, judging from the promos, it seems like we will get concentration on every single character. Maybe not a lot of Abraham's group but definitely will get at least 1 scene with them. They are definitely going to ambush the hospital, so I am hoping to see a giant fire fight go down.

Discuss the episode here!
Title: Re: [Spoiler] S05E06 "Consumed"
Post by: moonmaster1 on November 17, 2014, 06:52:34 am
I didn't expect this episode was going to go very well but I knew I wanted to see this episode more than "Self Help".

It seems that fire was toyed with alot in this episode, notepads set ablaze to distract walkers, a nice cameo from the prison, and even quick callback from The Grove. What did the symbolism mean to Carol? The path she has gone down and where it leads maybe?

It was cool with abraham as the story was clear and yet to be told, we know Carol and we know where she has been. Looking back either serves to confused the viewer or prepare them for something harsh.

That said what could we expect to happen once Daryl finds out the fates of Lizzie and Mika? Truth be told, I really don't want to find out. He seemed to Flip-Flop on taking out Noah a couple times before beth ever came into the conversation. Leads me to believe he is Bipolar or something.