UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: Uk_ViiPeR on November 15, 2014, 08:40:37 pm

Title: Game crashes at random points (custom zombies)
Post by: Uk_ViiPeR on November 15, 2014, 08:40:37 pm
Hello everyone, ive had this problem for a few weeks now. I would boot up my map and it would run smoothly but out of no-where it would just crash, no error is displayed or anything? ive tried optimizing my scripts and reducing the extra detail on my map etc.. but i haven't had any luck, it seems to only crash every few games. If anyone has any ideas what it could be that would be great! :)

Things ive tried:
lowered xmodels, pathnodes, lights, textures used
optimized scripts in the mod folder (made sure it isnt looping too much and took out unnecessary scripts)
used a few dvars to improve fps (it only went up by 10)

Title: Re: Game crashes at random points (custom zombies)
Post by: pcmodder on November 19, 2014, 12:01:36 pm
Have you got your latest drivers installed for your gfx ? Or have you got vsync on or gfx settings too high for the PC you use. I think with random crashes it may not be your map that is the problem.
Also check if windows is up to date and try to verify game cache ( if using steam )
Title: Re: Game crashes at random points (custom zombies)
Post by: Uk_ViiPeR on November 20, 2014, 02:44:06 pm
Have you got your latest drivers installed for your gfx ? Or have you got vsync on or gfx settings too high for the PC you use. I think with random crashes it may not be your map that is the problem.
Also check if windows is up to date and try to verify game cache ( if using steam )

Okay thank you i will look into all this soon :)