UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: XXXtheDoctor on November 21, 2012, 10:52:28 am

Title: Script placer 1.3 possible solution!
Post by: XXXtheDoctor on November 21, 2012, 10:52:28 am
Hey everyone, I just though I might just explain how I got Mr Hankey's script placer to work, as
I my self, was having issues with it.

Ok well first off i'm almost certain that the error you are getting is "one already exists" when trying to create
scripts for your map regardless if it is Reise or Prototype.

Now I got this error over and over regardless of what script placer version I used.
However, when I relocated my call of duty root folder (uninstalling then reinstalling) I found that it worked!!!

I have multiple hard drives on my computer and had the codwaw root folder located on my D drive. as soon as I relocated it to my C drive: [C:\Call of Duty - World at War] I found that suddenly the script placer began to work. I would suggest trying different locations if your keep getting this error.

I hope this helps you out, good luck with map making :D
Title: Re: Script placer 1.3 possible solution!
Post by: SajeOne on November 21, 2012, 09:11:35 pm
or you can use the UGX Script placer that has a custom directory option
Post by: XXXtheDoctor on November 22, 2012, 03:57:15 am
Yea that is another way, didn't think of that   :poker:

Will have try out the UGX script placer  :)
Post by: daedra descent on November 22, 2012, 04:37:59 pm
Yea that is another way, didn't think of that   :poker:

Will have try out the UGX script placer  :)

it's nothing too special, fix's some problems like the intro text that hankey's script placer had, but thats it.
Post by: SajeOne on November 22, 2012, 08:21:43 pm
it's nothing too special, fix's some problems like the intro text that hankey's script placer had, but thats it.
also has customizable options, the scripts are a lot better organized, And you don't have to have the retarded "Nazi_Zombie_" Prefix
Post by: daedra descent on November 24, 2012, 10:44:21 pm
also has customizable options, the scripts are a lot better organized, And you don't have to have the retarded "Nazi_Zombie_" Prefix

well to be honest, hankey's sexy script placer has the option to rid of the Nazi_zombie_ prefix aswell, and not everyone wants to disable console/cheats on there map.

i'm surprised no one has made a script placer that supports all 4 map styles, with a crap load of options such as placement of Zombiemode_ files to save time.
Post by: SajeOne on November 24, 2012, 11:20:55 pm
well to be honest, hankey's sexy script placer has the option to rid of the Nazi_zombie_ prefix aswell, and not everyone wants to disable console/cheats on there map.

i'm surprised no one has made a script placer that supports all 4 map styles, with a crap load of options such as placement of Zombiemode_ files to save time.
so its better because it has less options? O_o
Post by: daedra descent on November 25, 2012, 01:42:49 am
so its better because it has less options? O_o

lol, most likely if anyone does do that though, it will be in a different tab within the script placer.

But i Doubt it will happen, seeing as aidan has stopped updating his script placer.
Post by: SajeOne on November 25, 2012, 02:02:29 am
Aidan hasn't updated it because it doesn't need to be updated.
Post by: Rosasau100 on October 16, 2013, 08:28:26 pm
:) i struggled alot but i got it to work finally :D
Post by: RamboBadass on December 30, 2013, 06:17:45 am
GCZ's is very nice too