UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: scooby on November 18, 2012, 11:50:52 am

Title: what is this error i keep getting?????
Post by: scooby on November 18, 2012, 11:50:52 am
Hello,
when i want to start a map on waw zombies ik keep getting the error:

server script compile error

could not find 'maps/ugx_cabin'
(see console for details)

exit

and the only map that works is cabin :S

please help thanks
Title: Re: what is this error i keep getting?????
Post by: YaPh1l on November 18, 2012, 12:59:39 pm
Do you have any loose files in your mods folder? If yes, delete them.

- Phil.
Post by: daedra descent on November 18, 2012, 04:03:20 pm
and this is why i hate the UGX manager, it doesn't always correctly place the map in your mods folder.

anyway like phil mentioned, go to your mods folder and create a folder named ugx_cabin and cut all of the files from UGX cabin into the folder (right click, cut)
Post by: treminaor on November 18, 2012, 09:03:49 pm
and this is why i hate the UGX manager, it doesn't always correctly place the map in your mods folder.

anyway like phil mentioned, go to your mods folder and create a folder named ugx_cabin and cut all of the files from UGX cabin into the folder (right click, cut)
It's not the manager's fault; CoD has this problem whenever it damn well pleases and it can be any map that causes it.
Post by: deathclonic on November 18, 2012, 09:13:30 pm
It happens because the manager places all the files inside your mods folder instead of a folder full of the files.
Post by: treminaor on November 18, 2012, 09:34:44 pm
It happens because the manager places all the files inside your mods folder instead of a folder full of the files.
I have no idea what you mean, I installed UGX Cabin and all the other UGX maps using the Manager and didnt have a problem.
Post by: daedra descent on November 18, 2012, 09:43:55 pm
It's not the manager's fault; CoD has this problem whenever it damn well pleases and it can be any map that causes it.

CoD can't place map files (the game itself, you know what i'm getting at  :P)

if you where to place the SAME maps(ugx_cabin in this case) into the mod folder from a RAR file, it will work. likewise if you where to simply copy and or drag and drop  a map from your desktop into the map folder, it will work. all of this is assuming that there is nothing wrong with the map itself.