UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: Dust on October 21, 2014, 12:24:09 pm

Title: A very weird bug with my map
Post by: Dust on October 21, 2014, 12:24:09 pm
So I just released my map and I noticed while watching a livestream of it, that the doors that the players buy would move to a weird position that the coop players would still see but the host would not see it. And when the coop players walk through the door it would lag as their walking through it but the host is completely fine. I have never heard of this problem so I have no idea how to fix it.
Title: Re: A very weird bug with my map
Post by: Rorke on October 21, 2014, 05:29:47 pm
So I just released my map and I noticed while watching a livestream of it, that the doors that the players buy would move to a weird position that the coop players would still see but the host would not see it. And when the coop players walk through the door it would lag as their walking through it but the host is completely fine. I have never heard of this problem so I have no idea how to fix it.
tried making the door go under map? or inside a wall?
Post by: Dust on October 21, 2014, 05:32:00 pm
tried making the door go under map? or inside a wall?

http://gyazo.com/0a50b709fddff62246c1b0cfc63164e2 (http://gyazo.com/0a50b709fddff62246c1b0cfc63164e2) my script vector is set this high so there is no possible way for the coop players to still see it. And if it was there for the coop players wouldnt the host also see it? But the host sees nothing there.
Post by: Rorke on October 21, 2014, 05:36:00 pm
hmmm idk then sorry pal :\
Post by: Centric on October 21, 2014, 06:58:34 pm

I've heard of this once. It happens when one player has a differnt version of the map, in this case it seemed to be the host.
Post by: FATKIDSLOV3CAK3 on October 21, 2014, 07:01:35 pm
i had this problem with my map and it was caused by 2 or more models being copied on top of eachother in a prefab i had, deleted it and the problem with fixed, this might be hard to find 
Post by: smasher248 on October 21, 2014, 08:54:42 pm
I've heard of this once. It happens when one player has a differnt version of the map, in this case it seemed to be the host.

he is right this happened to me too
Post by: Dust on October 21, 2014, 09:16:25 pm

How is that possible though? I released 1 version of the map and no one else got access to the beta who had this problem. It was NGT by the way, Hyper saw a door where Spider did not and kept getting lag going through the door
Post by: Centric on October 22, 2014, 01:13:30 am
How is that possible though? I released 1 version of the map and no one else got access to the beta who had this problem. It was NGT by the way, Hyper saw a door where Spider did not and kept getting lag going through the door

No idea then sorry for the confusion. But if all else fails you can go threw each custom script and debug it that way.
Post by: IMTEHPRO123 on October 26, 2014, 05:02:43 pm
normally i put door  mile out map so it not even in map after being bought
Post by: Dust on October 26, 2014, 05:10:19 pm
normally i put door  mile out map so it not even in map after being bought

That's what I do, but I don't think you understand whats happening, the coop players still see the door but the host does not.

Anyway I think I fixed the problem.