UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Work-In-Progress => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Mods => Topic started by: blankperson099 on October 12, 2014, 03:47:46 am

Title: [WIP] Extinction Mod
Post by: blankperson099 on October 12, 2014, 03:47:46 am
What is going down people... It is 『 』 ( pronounced as 'blank' ) here to bring you a WIP for my mod that I have been working on for the past few weeks. It is about 25-35% done.

Spoiler: click to open...
(http://i.snag.gy/zRDyN.jpg)
custom animations done by me. ( I try to make the closest animations to the real ones )

(http://i.snag.gy/vVeUH.jpg)
good looking prefabs for you to use as well as a tutorial on how they make them

(http://blank-zombies.tk/images/drill_indicator.png)
(http://blank-zombies.tk/images/hive_indicator.png)
(http://blank-zombies.tk/images/defend_indicator.png)
(http://blank-zombies.tk/images/temp.png)
These are the waypoint indicators and are subject to change. The last one is what I use for testing purposes. ( There will be a paint.net file and tutorial to allow you to make your own )

(http://i.snag.gy/9vggC.jpg)
In-game the models look nice ( ill be making a spec map for the drill later )

What this mod will contain:

Credits:
EGE115 - waypoint fix
n123q45 - getting in the models
astro - some of the graphics

Progress:
basic anims for the drill
drill script
waypoints
hives
some prefabs
parts of the boss fights ( we are still figuring out how they should act )

Release: Undetermined... Will be featured in Astro's map before release as a teaser.

IF YOU HAVE ANY POSITIVE IDEAS, please dont hesitate to reply or pm me them

Definition of positive: nothing against extinction or the people who like it. No troll ideas. And this is a mod for the community so please have fun and help make extinction fun.
Title: Re: [WIP] Extinction Mod
Post by: Dust on October 12, 2014, 03:51:35 am
Been seeing images that you post in the chat and it does look good. Didn't realize this was a mod you were going to release to the community, thought it would be only for your maps. Cant wait though!
Post by: jzob1234 on October 12, 2014, 03:53:36 am
hi n1  ;)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 12, 2014, 04:06:49 am
Absolutely awesome dude!!!  :P
Post by: jjbradman on October 12, 2014, 04:26:14 am
umm ghosts models have tons of tris right?
the waw engine wont crash when having more than 4 or 6 of those thingys on screen?
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 12, 2014, 04:35:27 am
the waw engine wont crash when having more than 4 or 6 of those thingys on screen?
Im gonna assume he adjusted the models manually ;)

Well... hopefully lol  :P
Post by: jjbradman on October 12, 2014, 05:04:40 am

look the second pic.
for me the answer is a "no" :l
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 12, 2014, 05:37:32 am
look the second pic.
for me the answer is a "no" :l
hmm...

Should probably make sure its heavily stress tested then. Otherwise your spot on, itll cause crashes left, right and centre
Post by: blankperson099 on October 12, 2014, 12:46:03 pm
n1 proved a while ago that all that models cant make a map crash. the only thing that can happen is a drop in fps
(http://i.snag.gy/0VG7O.jpg)
this was a picture from a test he showed me when i said the same thing. there are 120 karaken models all at over 77k each. N1 wasnt able to figure out how to make a hitbox model... but through my weeks of working on this mod, i have figured it out and now they will have colision.

hi n1  ;)
I am not n1, im his neighbor who is too poor to afford internet so I hang at n1's place... but hes always working so I decided to join this community and apply what I learned from n1 and what i learned from my own testing periods

All the models are going to be, if not already, adjusted so that anyone can play these maps... to do this... some models will be disappearing from a distance. I might put in an option to disable this in the menu
Post by: DeathBringerZen on October 12, 2014, 12:50:13 pm
n1 proved a while ago that all that models cant make a map crash. the only thing that can happen is a drop in fps
(http://i.snag.gy/0VG7O.jpg)
this was a picture from a test he showed me when i said the same thing. there are 120 karaken models all at over 77k each. N1 wasnt able to figure out how to make a hitbox model... but through my weeks of working on this mod, i have figured it out and now they will have colision.
I am not n1, im his neighbor who is too poor to afford internet so I hang at n1's place... but hes always working so I decided to join this community and apply what I learned from n1 and what i learned from my own testing periods

Yeah... we already know you are n123 something or other now, so drop the facade already.
Post by: tomikaze on October 12, 2014, 01:03:18 pm
N1 lets the poor stay at his place, use his internet and allows them to learn from him? He sounds like a man that legends are made of. Here's how my list goes.

1. N1
2. Mother Teresa
3. Gandhi
Post by: steviewonder87 on October 12, 2014, 01:09:06 pm
But guys, doesn't everyone deserve a 'fresh start'? If n1 wants to reinvent himself as a nicer, less annoying, overall better member (inb4 people say I should do the same  ::)) then why not let him? Since he deleted his old account he's not breaking any rules I don't think, and if he wants to create this illusion that he's now 'Blank' - the helpful, non-offensive new guy then I say just leave him be...
Post by: DeathBringerZen on October 12, 2014, 01:10:48 pm
N1 lets the poor stay at his place, use his internet and allows them to learn from him? He sounds like a man that legends are made of. Here's how my list goes.

1. N1
2. Mother Teresa
3. Gandhi

(http://shrani.si/f/19/ev/1sc9aYZQ/la4u6gh.jpg)
Post by: DeathBringerZen on October 12, 2014, 01:12:16 pm
But guys, doesn't everyone deserve a 'fresh start'? If n1 wants to reinvent himself as a nicer, less annoying, overall better member (inb4 people say I should do the same  ::)) then why not let him? Since he deleted his old account he's not breaking any rules I don't think, and if he wants to create this illusion that he's now 'Blank' - the helpful, non-offensive new guy then I say just leave him be...

Who are you and what have you done with Stevie?
Post by: timelordalex on October 12, 2014, 01:22:13 pm

its n1  :troll:

Post by: steviewonder87 on October 12, 2014, 01:36:31 pm

Sorry about that, my poor neighbour came round to use my internet, left him for 5 mins and came back to see he's been posting stuff on my UGX account...
Post by: blankperson099 on October 12, 2014, 01:48:16 pm
please get back on topic. i cant force you guys to believe me, so im not going to. N1 doesnt even have windows anymore. He uses ubuntu. but please get back on topic. also can a mod remove this spam? i did put in glowing red text please keep this forum on topic
Post by: DeletedUser on October 12, 2014, 07:49:21 pm
I'm confused, next your going to tell me Trem is Ballbagsmagee... Oh wait...
Post by: MAK911 on October 12, 2014, 09:07:22 pm
its n1  :troll:

Uhhhhhh, if only....
Post by: DeletedUser on October 13, 2014, 11:59:36 am
Guys, please stop.
Post by: JiffyNoodles on October 13, 2014, 08:49:53 pm
Apology accepted, no worries.  ;)
Thanks  :)
Post by: ShotgunRagtime on October 13, 2014, 10:03:19 pm
While I haven't the slightest clue who the hell N1 even is, I can indeed confirm that this looks frickin' SWEET! Especially since I didn't buy Ghosts, now I'll finally get to play Extinction  ;D
Post by: Dust on October 13, 2014, 11:29:44 pm
Guys no more off topic discussion. We are discussing Blanks Extinction mod. We dont care who he may or may not be and what his motive is. Everyone should have a fresh start
Post by: eliudjb on October 16, 2014, 03:53:07 pm
I dont know if you want to strictly follow the Extinction mod idea. If not, you can add a special mini-game where can appear a message announcing a zombies round; a bunch of zombies appears everywhere on the map and try to kill you (Like, you know, the classic way). And add rewards (no zombies hit, headshots, grenade kills, knife kills, etc.).

I post a similar idea here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4402.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4402.0)

Hope you can implement on this mod  8)
Post by: blankperson099 on October 16, 2014, 06:17:44 pm
I dont know if you want to strictly follow the Extinction mod idea. If not, you can add a special mini-game where can appear a message announcing a zombies round; a bunch of zombies appears everywhere on the map and try to kill you (Like, you know, the classic way). And add rewards (no zombies hit, headshots, grenade kills, knife kills, etc.).

I post a similar idea here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4402.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4402.0)

Hope you can implement on this mod  8)
from what your forum says, this seems like ideas for challenges. But i am always open to ideas, and i will incorporate as much as i can while keeping room for you guys. Also im working on side projects to release to the community if i can get the projects to work 100%. I will be LOOKING for people to help with testing some of these co-op! If so, please contact me via skype: blank-zombies. I do not have a mic, so im sorry that i only talk via text. :(

Double Post Merge: October 16, 2014, 06:35:24 pm
apparently since i cant edit my own posts anymore, i will cause a post merge, you can also apply via the beta sign up on UGX. I did not notice that UGX had that system untill i saw a "new" next to a topic mentioning it
Post by: blankperson099 on October 25, 2014, 11:41:56 pm
I have taken a break from the gameplay mechanics and started scripting the Venom X:
(http://i.snag.gy/7uHzP.jpg)
Post by: ZombiieFX on October 26, 2014, 11:02:01 pm
That's sweet. I look forward to this. Keep up the good work
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 29, 2014, 07:34:44 am
awesome, i take it your doing your own anims? Or have you got a secret advantage?  :troll:
Post by: haxman123 on October 29, 2014, 07:51:02 pm
This looks epic but why extinction may i ask? why not a dinosaur mode or even a custom mode you have come up with your self? bute looks amazing dude :D
Post by: DeletedUser on October 29, 2014, 08:16:22 pm
This looks epic but why extinction may i ask? why not a dinosaur mode or even a custom mode you have come up with your self? bute looks amazing dude :D
I think he should go through with extinction instead of dinos. Mostly because I think Needsmorewub is already making a dinosaur mod... :P
Post by: blankperson099 on October 30, 2014, 09:03:51 pm
awesome, i take it your doing your own anims? Or have you got a secret advantage?  :troll:
Yes these are all made by me and stabilized by n123q45 ( by stabilized I mean made to look less robotic and stuff )

I chose extinction because it has a lot of stuff people thought weren't able to be done ( like the bosses for an example ) or didn't know how to do. So thus I'm making it with tutorials ( voiced by astro and written by me ) and I am explaining what the scripts do inside the ( .gsc )s. As for custom modes, I could not think of anything, that would make it worth putting all the time into, that would be unique to me

Double Post Merge: October 31, 2014, 12:37:03 am
this mod is now canceled due to treminaor changing my name and thus taking away my identity.
Post by: steviewonder87 on October 31, 2014, 03:36:33 pm
this mod is now canceled due to treminaor changing my name and thus taking away my identity.

:lol:
Post by: Lukkie1998 on October 31, 2014, 03:54:09 pm

Are you freaking kidding me blank? :troll:

Lukkie1998
Post by: x_xMayheMx_x on October 31, 2014, 04:53:47 pm

I Really hope this is not true, although I wont be using this mod anytime soon. I was very excited to see what other members could do with it.
Post by: tomikaze on October 31, 2014, 05:54:25 pm
Trem can change your name, but what matters is what's inside. No one can take away who you are, you are your own man with pride and dignity and no one can take that away from you. You made this account on UGX, you are the one making this mod, you control your own destiny! But...if you cancel it because of Trem you might be a bitch.
Post by: Ramiabdh on October 31, 2014, 06:02:14 pm
Trem can change your name, but what matters is what's inside. No one can take away who you are, you are your own man with pride and dignity and no one can take that away from you. You made this account on UGX, you are the one making this mod, you control your own destiny! But...if you cancel it because of Trem you might be a bitch.

Agreed, I suppose blaming trem isn't the correct reason behind cancelling the mod. There is another reason behind this.
Post by: JiffyNoodles on October 31, 2014, 07:35:39 pm
Agreed, I suppose blaming trem isn't the correct reason behind cancelling the mod. There is another reason behind this.
Ah ha, a clue sherlock
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on November 01, 2014, 03:58:48 pm
Dont punish All of us because someone done something :kidding: :facepalm:
Only let the Mean Principals at schools do this
Post by: Uk_ViiPeR on November 01, 2014, 06:33:20 pm
Love the work! How did you manage to port those models? :o
Post by: CyberMan1011 on November 05, 2014, 02:29:08 am
I really hope this mod isn't cancelled

If you seriously cancelled it because of your name being changed...

Grow up.
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on November 05, 2014, 09:37:28 am
I really hope this mod isn't cancelled

If you seriously cancelled it because of your name being changed...

Grow up.
thats what I wuz sayin.  >:(
he should stop punishing the community, 99% didnt do anything.
let the punishing all because of an individual be Mean principles at school thing and no one elses
Post by: n122q45 on November 06, 2014, 12:17:32 am
let the punishing all because of an individual be Mean principles at school thing and no one elses
you obviously havent seen my school... lets just say if i do something, the whole school gets involved :troll:
Post by: JiffyNoodles on November 06, 2014, 09:40:00 am
you obviously havent seen my school... lets just say if i do something, the whole school gets involved :troll:
Same here mate