UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: sevengpluke on October 12, 2014, 01:31:20 am

Title: Radiant wont import model
Post by: sevengpluke on October 12, 2014, 01:31:20 am
I've successfully converted a custom model in asset manager, and it is showing fine in asset viewer. When I go to import model into radiant(misc==>model) it says successfully imported in the below console but its still showing the misc-model square in radiant 2d grid view. Also when i go to move it around, its like radiant freezes and I have to force close it. How can I solve this?

Thanks.
Title: Re: Radiant wont import model
Post by: RamboBadass on October 12, 2014, 02:54:08 am
Tech. Speaking that means theres an issue with the models settings in the assman
Post by: sevengpluke on October 12, 2014, 04:11:56 am
Just a normal rigid model convert. Haven't messed around with asset manager settings. Or is it something I'm supposed to do in asset manager?

Thanks
Post by: KDXDARK on October 12, 2014, 04:31:03 am
open the model in maya, select the model as object mode and go to mesh and select separate. later export it as .xmodel.

i cant remember perfectly but that should work.
Post by: sevengpluke on October 12, 2014, 04:53:10 am
Not sure what you mean by object mode but will select mesh and click mesh then seperate and let you know if it worked.

Thanks.

Edit: Sadly no it did not work. Any other suggestions?
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 12, 2014, 05:44:09 am
I think he means the drop down on the top left.

Starts on "Polygons", also has options for "animation" etc

What model have you ported?
Post by: sevengpluke on October 12, 2014, 01:03:46 pm
I solved it by splitting model into 2 and reducing verts. Thanks to codmoddd1234 for the help.