UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Map Releases => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => UGX Team Releases => Topic started by: treminaor on October 28, 2012, 08:19:05 pm

Title: [UGX] Comosea v1.0 Release
Post by: treminaor on October 28, 2012, 08:19:05 pm
(http://ugx-mods.com/images/general/forum/comosea-masked.png)
This map can be downloaded from the UGX Map Manager.

This map features UGX Mod v1.0! For a full list of features, click here.
Download count as of December 10th 2012 - 4,283

(http://ugx-mods.com/images/maps/comosea/dRkeG.jpg) (http://ugx-mods.com/images/maps/comosea/VKZon.jpg)
(http://ugx-mods.com/images/maps/comosea/HHxtw.jpg) (http://ugx-mods.com/images/maps/comosea/lRtxq.jpg)

Welcome to Comosea Industries, winner of coveted safety awards and leader of the forestry trade!
"A terrible accident has occurred here, the ocean is tainted with toxic waste and infected zombies now dominate the once bustling facility. Storms are brewing and threaten to bury you beside the sea; it'll take a lot of ingenuity and firepower to outlast this infestation! Accident rates at this logging camp have never been so high, so you'll have to overcome the chemical spill and make for a hasty escape if you value your life..."

Comosea is an epic new custom zombie map from the UGX team, and will be the very first release to feature the long-awaited full version of the UGX Mod. Five unique game-modes are on offer, as well as a plethora of awesome new weapons to keep the zombie horde back. Whether you're eager to team up with your buddies and make your escape with Objective gameplay, or if you're a selfish survivor and want to outlast your rivals in Competitive gameplay, UGX Comosea gives you countless more hours of zombie-slaying entertainment with never-before-seen features. Rank up to acquire new character customizations, and complete challenges for even more special unlockables! There's plenty do at Comosea Industries, so grab your shotgun and enjoy this epic new offering for Call of Duty: World at War's zombie mode!

Special Thanks:
Radimax, for designing and building this map.
Tom_Bmx, for his numerous tools that make our lives easier.
The UGX Donors  <3, for their donations and for the time they spent testing the map.
The UGX Contest Winners, for the time they spent testing the map.
Treyarch, for developing this shitty game that we love so dearly.
Infinity Ward, for making this engine a living hell.

Official Trailer:

Official Credits Reel:

Screenshots & Wallpapers:
Feel free to download and use these promotional Comosea wallpapers and posters!

(http://ugx-mods.com/images/maps/comosea/Comosea.png) (http://ugx-mods.com/images/maps/comosea/ugxcomoseaposter.png) (http://ugx-mods.com/images/maps/comosea/comosea_wallpaper_1920x1090.png) (http://ugx-mods.com/images/maps/comosea/loadscreen_ugx_camp.jpg) (http://ugx-mods.com/images/maps/comosea/ugx_comosea_background.png)
Title: Re: [UGX] Comosea v1.0 Release
Post by: treminaor on October 30, 2012, 12:10:47 am
Ok, it's uploaded!
Post by: treminaor on October 30, 2012, 12:48:50 am
I just noticed it still prints BETA 4 when you boot the map - forgot to remove this. It's safe to ignore it, and it will be fixed in an update later on.

Edit: In about 5-10 minutes, anyone who downloads (or deletes and re-downloads) Comosea will see the correct text at the start of the game. I don't want to increase the version to 1.1 just to fix some stupid text lol. I will update this post when its time to redownload (or ok to download for the first time)
Post by: treminaor on October 30, 2012, 01:08:30 am
Ok from this point on, anyone who downloads or redownloads v1.0 of Comosea will see the correct text at game start :)
Post by: geh233 on October 30, 2012, 01:12:57 am
yay! Good job UGX team. im VERY impressed!
Post by: treminaor on October 30, 2012, 01:15:47 am
yay! Good job UGX team. im VERY impressed!
Thank you  :D

I'm glad things seem to be working - another bug we've found (not sure why our QA team didn't notice these things earlier...) is that the fuel can doesn't say "Press F to pick up fuel" anymore - it just shows a grab hand. However it still works. We will fix this in a patch later.
Post by: treminaor on October 30, 2012, 02:42:36 am
Looks like CODWaW's online server just went down....  :'(
Post by: jamalizcool on October 30, 2012, 03:03:47 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k46AnyBi0ao beat it  :accepted:
Post by: treminaor on October 30, 2012, 03:25:56 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k46AnyBi0ao beat it  :accepted:
Woo!  :nyan:
Post by: Dns_Hypnotik on October 30, 2012, 08:20:36 am
Yeeaaaaaahhh ^^ <3
Post by: P0rkRoyalz on October 30, 2012, 12:31:13 pm
im not sure whether to post it here or not but i found a three gun glitch accidentally, when you have the wrench equipped and after you use it for the objective i went to the box and got out a weapon and then i thought it overwrote my other weapon but then i had three guns and now you cant use the wrench i dont think i need it anymore but im still playing (collecting the blood from the saws) but i thought i would post asap so you guys can fix it  :)
Post by: treminaor on October 30, 2012, 04:37:27 pm
im not sure whether to post it here or not but i found a three gun glitch accidentally, when you have the wrench equipped and after you use it for the objective i went to the box and got out a weapon and then i thought it overwrote my other weapon but then i had three guns and now you cant use the wrench i dont think i need it anymore but im still playing (collecting the blood from the saws) but i thought i would post asap so you guys can fix it  :)
We will look into it. Thanks for telling us.
Post by: Aidan on October 30, 2012, 08:26:57 pm

Okay, fixed. :)
Post by: A-Grand on October 30, 2012, 08:43:46 pm
Awesome map...really impressive...very detailed and neatly done :)
One thing though, see the place where you find the XM8 chalk? if you sit there next to the door, the zombies can't find you. The door was closed, but when I opened it they found me.
Post by: treminaor on October 30, 2012, 09:00:33 pm
Awesome map...really impressive...very detailed and neatly done :)
One thing though, see the place where you find the XM8 chalk? if you sit there next to the door, the zombies can't find you. The door was closed, but when I opened it they found me.
We'll look into it - thanks.
Post by: tomikaze on November 01, 2012, 03:02:52 pm
Hello UGX Team of Wonderment, this map is tons of fun...thanks to a well thought out easter egg and the dock for camping. But, the very best thing about this map is the flicking motion when you reload the PP19 Bizon. My wife served me divorce papers yesterday and told me our child wasn't mine, but after reloading the Bizon a few dozen times I was cool with it.
Post by: treminaor on November 01, 2012, 05:06:00 pm
Hello UGX Team of Wonderment, this map is tons of fun...thanks to a well thought out easter egg and the dock for camping. But, the very best thing about this map is the flicking motion when you reload the PP19 Bizon. My wife served me divorce papers yesterday and told me our child wasn't mine, but after reloading the Bizon a few dozen times I was cool with it.
:nyan:

Glad you are enjoying the map :)
Post by: bionicle1995 on November 01, 2012, 05:19:44 pm
You are gods among men. i have been waiting for this for 10 months, since UGX christmas. Finally its here and I don't know what to say. I'm welling up, Too Much Emotion!
Post by: treminaor on November 01, 2012, 05:43:52 pm
You are gods among men. i have been waiting for this for 10 months, since UGX christmas. Finally its here and I don't know what to say. I'm welling up, Too Much Emotion!
:cute:

Thanks for your kind words.
Post by: KhanzGaming on November 01, 2012, 06:40:14 pm
The mod is brilliant, I have some lag issues. In another version is it possible to reduce the amount of dust rising when the zombies appear from the ground.
Post by: Aidan on November 01, 2012, 07:23:51 pm
The mod is brilliant, I have some lag issues. In another version is it possible to reduce the amount of dust rising when the zombies appear from the ground.

Thanks :) As for riser, we could make a new FX but I don't know if we have room. Could make it not be there at all, if you have a certain setting on. We may add a graphics setting in an update.
Post by: deathclonic on November 01, 2012, 09:51:38 pm
Thanks :) As for riser, we could make a new FX but I don't know if we have room. Could make it not be there at all, if you have a certain setting on. We may add a graphics setting in an update.

I could strip the fx so it uses less performance. Wouldn't be too hard, I've done it before and it worked fine.
Post by: treminaor on November 01, 2012, 10:10:45 pm
I could strip the fx so it uses less performance. Wouldn't be too hard, I've done it before and it worked fine.
I don't think dirt fx could be too graphics intensive...?
Post by: SajeOne on November 01, 2012, 10:25:16 pm
On a couple of less powerful computers I have tried to play maps with a lot of risers and whenever I look at that one effect you would be surprised how much more lag you get :P
Post by: Darkmapper on November 01, 2012, 10:42:36 pm

Well... Im very happy to hear that a few enjoy my animations :). I really appreciate the kind feedback, thank you ^^
Post by: bionicle1995 on November 01, 2012, 10:51:41 pm
Hi, I have a couple of querys. Does the xp you get for completing a game mean anything so far?
Also, I think the water effects cause quite a bit of lag.
Post by: W1NG3D on November 01, 2012, 10:54:17 pm
Hi, I have a couple of querys. Does the xp you get for completing a game mean anything so far?
The XP you earn lets you rank up, higher ranks will unlock new character models to use in-game. :) Currently the character customisation menu is inaccessible because WaW's servers are down (it's part of the co-op menu), but when everything is working again you'll be able to choose new characters to play as if you've gotten to a high enough rank.

We've been aware of the lag caused by the water FX for a while but unfortunately, there's very little we can actually do about it.
Post by: treminaor on November 01, 2012, 10:54:48 pm
The water does cause lag. Turn off Ocean Simulation in your graphics settings to help it a little. The rest of the water lag is because of the green effect. The rank XP SHOULD still be working even though Treyarch's servers are down. At least I hope.
Post by: bionicle1995 on November 01, 2012, 10:59:57 pm
The rank XP SHOULD still be working even though Treyarch's servers are down. At least I hope.

I did get the xp, I meant does it actually unlock anythign in the mod like Zombie Realism used to? or is it just there to show you wona  few games?
Post by: treminaor on November 01, 2012, 11:02:11 pm
I did get the xp, I meant does it actually unlock anythign in the mod like Zombie Realism used to? or is it just there to show you wona  few games?
It unlocks clothes for your character (sunglasses, pimp hat, etc). Some clothes give you abilities such as increased heath. You won't be able to apply any of the clothes until Treyarch's servers come back online, though :(

When you are able to sign into your online profile, you will see Customize Character in the Cooperative Menu.
Post by: deathclonic on November 02, 2012, 02:35:50 am

Think about it this way, comosea has all risers (no normal hidden spawners) so every time a zombie spawns, it plays three effects.
fx_mp_zombie_hand_dirt_burst
fx_mp_zombie_body_dirt_billowing
fx_mp_zombie_body_dust_falling
and each of these have multiple segments doing different things all at once. If I were to modify the effects, I could probably stop most of the lag, not entirely, but it will improve performance.
Post by: treminaor on November 02, 2012, 02:45:48 am
Think about it this way, comosea has all risers (no normal hidden spawners) so every time a zombie spawns, it plays three effects.
It has two hidden spawners, but yes now that I think about it there are riser spawns everywhere. We will implement less-intensive riser fx in the upcoming patch. We will also make it so that you can view your challenges from the Pause menu, and also while offline.
Post by: nickst98 on November 02, 2012, 05:41:28 am
Just a small recommendation, the bizon chalk is to long, the bizon is short but the chalk is like the m60, also should make thunder gun semi auto.
Post by: treminaor on November 02, 2012, 05:45:48 am
Here is our current list of planned fixes for the 1.1 patch, it will continue to grow while we fix known bugs:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
Comosea v1.0 bugs
-"See the place where you find the XM8 chalk? if you sit there next to the door, the zombies can't find you. The door was closed, but when I opened it they found me."
-Powerup icons are low-res
-Comosea credits iPrintLn needs to be reworded to inlclude the word "Objectives"
-Give solo quickrevive downed players a powerful gun while being revived
-Challenges should be viewable from pause menu
-nohud dvar should be available from pause menu (for screenshots etc)
-challenges and customization while offline
-implement death's optimized dirt fx
-"Current Gun" HUD overlaps round # hud
-ladder is deceiving to EVERYONE
-wrong sniper rifle sounds
-"weapon and then i thought it overwrote my other weapon but then i had three guns and now you cant use the wrench"
-thundergun and other various sprint anims missing (ak74u, snipers, etc) - thanks saje
Post by: geh233 on November 02, 2012, 12:38:35 pm
how do i get the v1.1 update? and also its not on the map manager :'(
Post by: bionicle1995 on November 02, 2012, 01:52:29 pm
how do i get the v1.1 update? and also its not on the map manager :'(

I dont think its done yet, I think he was just listign what WILL be patched.
Post by: tomikaze on November 02, 2012, 02:21:38 pm
I'm currently at level 11, but I never know when I'm leveling up. Is there a level up event or indicator that I'm not seeing? "E.g." Like maybe when you level up all the zombies on the map snap their own necks simultaniously in acknowledgement of how badass you are. Just a thought.
Post by: daedra descent on November 02, 2012, 05:54:36 pm
When will the UGX mods be released?

i'm just itching to get my hands on it.
Post by: treminaor on November 02, 2012, 06:19:55 pm
I'm currently at level 11, but I never know when I'm leveling up. Is there a level up event or indicator that I'm not seeing? "E.g." Like maybe when you level up all the zombies on the map snap their own necks simultaniously in acknowledgement of how badass you are. Just a thought.
I'll ask Aidan if he's up to adding a rank progress bar in-game. Not sure how necessary it really is, and also we're running low on available hud element slots :(
Post by: Aidan on November 03, 2012, 04:58:06 am

When a game is over and you go back to the main menu (after either a solo or co-op game) you should see a popup showing you your rank and XP towards next rank and other info like that. Also, at the end of a competitive game, you will see a message at the top telling you how much XP you got for that game. If you did rank up, it will let you know there.

When will the UGX mods be released?

i'm just itching to get my hands on it.

Comosea includes the UGX Mod. We have a few more releases planned before we release the UGX Mod standalone for anyone to use.
Post by: geh233 on November 03, 2012, 09:23:54 pm
2 mapping errors

http://gyazo.com/e1bafa226fa3a80e978cb43639375c73
http://gyazo.com/a071985cbb72aa0e7ae677f1d51c5245

just thought i should point that out  ;D
Post by: KDXDARK on November 03, 2012, 10:05:19 pm
2 mapping errors

thoose bug are reported but maybe treminaor not fixed it...
Post by: treminaor on November 03, 2012, 10:09:08 pm
2 mapping errors

I'll add them to my list.
Post by: iLLuZioNz65 on November 04, 2012, 01:42:16 pm
This map is awesome! I love the objective mode - beat it at round 11.  :nyan:
Post by: tomikaze on November 04, 2012, 08:50:22 pm
Ok, here is a huge nit-pic. If you are completely out of ammo in a gun and you get the Terminator drop, when it's over it leaves you with a full ammo clip for the gun. Not a huge deal but for a gun with a huge mag size just switch to it before Terminator runs out and it'll fill the clip back up. Not carry, just clip. Whatever, you get the idea.
Post by: treminaor on November 04, 2012, 09:18:26 pm
Ok, here is a huge nit-pic. If you are completely out of ammo in a gun and you get the Terminator drop, when it's over it leaves you with a full ammo clip for the gun. Not a huge deal but for a gun with a huge mag size just switch to it before Terminator runs out and it'll fill the clip back up. Not carry, just clip. Whatever, you get the idea.
I'm not following what you want us to change, lol

Maybe explain the last part again
Post by: Aidan on November 04, 2012, 09:46:35 pm

Just think of terminator as a clip-only maxammo :)
Post by: deathclonic on November 04, 2012, 09:57:30 pm
Just think of terminator as a clip-only maxammo :)
It's a feature.
Post by: treminaor on November 04, 2012, 11:25:34 pm
Currently we are fixing all of the bugs that have been reported here, as well as about 20 new bugs/tweaks which I have observed from watching numerous gameplay videos on YouTube. We will continue to update you guys on the progress of the patch, which will be released soon.
Post by: daedra descent on November 05, 2012, 12:16:27 am
ability to choose whether we want fog, low graphics/high graphics, and other visual things for the map specific (like forts)

PL0X?

Post by: treminaor on November 05, 2012, 12:34:37 am
ability to choose whether we want fog, low graphics/high graphics, and other visual things for the map specific (like forts)

PL0X?
I'll try to get something like this implemented.
Post by: treminaor on November 06, 2012, 09:15:36 am
OK the new Graphics Menu s done, you will find it on the Pause Menu in Comosea v1.1.
Screenshot mode as added by user request - this will eliminate the HUD and your gun, which allows clean screenshots to be taken.

Disabling dynamic water + water fog should give most people a huge FPS boost while in the docks area - for me it was a total of +165FPS.
Disabling riser fx and fire hands will probably not help most people, but by user request these two options have been added for the super low end computers  :please:

You can also change your FOV between 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100.

(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7345145/ShareX/2012-11/Call_of_Duty%c2%ae_2012-11-06_02-14-16.png)
(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7345145/ShareX/2012-11/Call_of_Duty%c2%ae_2012-11-06_02-14-40.png)

Post by: nickst98 on November 06, 2012, 10:38:07 am
whens 1.1
Post by: Earth on November 06, 2012, 12:15:25 pm
I love the point stack script, where you shoot a zombie continuously and you get 10, 20, 30 and so on points.. very neat feature. & of course you gotta love the wonder weapons.
Post by: npissoawsome on November 06, 2012, 01:06:57 pm
100 fov is the way to go, I use it whenever I can

I also use Quake Pro in minecraft, idk why, but I love high FOV.
Post by: Aidan on November 06, 2012, 03:10:27 pm
I love the point stack script, where you shoot a zombie continuously and you get 10, 20, 30 and so on points.. very neat feature. & of course you gotta love the wonder weapons.

The point stack thing was actually because we ran out of HUD elements, and the default point thing used around 15-20 at some times lol. Now it only uses 4, max (one for each player)
Post by: tomikaze on November 06, 2012, 04:05:50 pm
Comosea 1.2, the political version. Your character stands in front of a polling booth and has to mow down wave after wave of zombies modeled to look like white supremacists and black panthers. Your goal is to keep them away from the polling booth so that they can't influence voters. Boss rounds are giant zombified donkeys and elephants that you must bring down. And no, you don't need to pay me for the idea  :)
Post by: geh233 on November 06, 2012, 10:28:27 pm
 :D  :D  :D  :D
Post by: treminaor on November 07, 2012, 05:22:19 am
Added in-game Challenges menu which is just like the main menu version:

(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7345145/ShareX/2012-11/Call_of_Duty%c2%ae_2012-11-06_21-21-28.png)
(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7345145/ShareX/2012-11/Call_of_Duty%c2%ae_2012-11-06_21-21-55.png)
Post by: treminaor on November 07, 2012, 06:46:13 am
Current list of fixed things for patch 1.1 (still working on other bugs):

Comosea v1.1 Patch Changelog
Major:
Graphics Settings added to pause menu for major FPS boosts in some areas
Screenshot Mode added to pause menu
Challenges and Character Customization now available while offline
Challenges are now viewable from pause menu
Various sprint anims were missing missing (ak74u, snipers, etc) - they have been added
Zombies now ALWAYS run away from you during Second Chance revive in Solo mode.

Normal:
Removed all deceiving ladders from the map - no, you can't go up on anything! lol
Opened some windows in the Speedcola garage to make its location more obvious to new players.
Added a window across from one of the Pipewrench spawns to make its location more obvious to everyone during gameplay
"Current Gun" HUD no longer overlaps the round # hud in Gungame
3-Weapons Randombox Pipewrench glitch now fixed

Minor:
Added "in an illuminated fuelcan" to the boat fuel objective text to make it more obvious to new players
Comosea end-game iPrintLn reworded to be more clear
http://gyazo.com/e1bafa226fa3a80e978cb43639375c73 fixed
http://gyazo.com/a071985cbb72aa0e7ae677f1d51c5245 fixed
Moved AK74u to left side area near the labcoats (was previously in the saws building)
Powerup icons are no longer low-res in 1920x1080 (fixed as best as i can, any other pixelation is due to CoD's rendering)
Post by: nikzaks on November 07, 2012, 10:43:11 am
http://cs417830.userapi.com/v417830991/119f/1pUIh_6wqf4.jpg
http://cs417830.userapi.com/v417830991/1196/A6U9qrVdJ6s.jpg
http://cs417830.userapi.com/v417830991/118d/iTelftcjiyI.jpg
Post by: Earth on November 07, 2012, 12:11:40 pm
Beat it round 9. Record?

Spoiler: click to open...
(http://i48.tinypic.com/291i6mp.jpg)mm toasty gpu's xD
Post by: Aidan on November 07, 2012, 10:55:54 pm
http://cs417830.userapi.com/v417830991/119f/1pUIh_6wqf4.jpg
http://cs417830.userapi.com/v417830991/1196/A6U9qrVdJ6s.jpg
http://cs417830.userapi.com/v417830991/118d/iTelftcjiyI.jpg

Those are fails with CoD's rendering. They happen randomly.
Post by: treminaor on November 07, 2012, 11:48:34 pm
Those are fails with CoD's rendering. They happen randomly.
In some cases yes, but in this particular case it's patches that Radimax did not LMAP correctly. I'll have CoDMapper help fix them.
Post by: daedra descent on November 08, 2012, 06:58:59 pm
i noticed something... strange near the XM8 (i think) near an 2500 blocker... if you go there and are followed by a group of zombies... they will go the spot and THEN chase you.

i was also wondering if a clip could be made to prevent players from falling into the water because even with revive and jug you have Little (depends where you fall really) chance of getting out of there alive near the Random box Bridge.
Post by: deathclonic on November 09, 2012, 12:44:54 am
i was also wondering if a clip could be made to prevent players from falling into the water because even with revive and jug you have Little (depends where you fall really) chance of getting out of there alive near the Random box Bridge.

That's how radimax wanted it I think. Otherwise he would've put fencing or something.
Post by: treminaor on November 09, 2012, 06:40:19 am
AUG, Commando, and Stoner63 added to Comosea Patch v1.1
Post by: treminaor on November 09, 2012, 08:40:35 am
Sentry Gun powerup added to Arcademode in Patch 1.1

Post by: tomikaze on November 09, 2012, 02:18:34 pm
Sentry Gun powerup?!? C'mon guys!!! I was reconciling with my e-wife, making real progress, family first bla bla bla, and now it's all over because of your awesome MOD. I love/hate you all.
Post by: treminaor on November 09, 2012, 06:18:00 pm
Sentry Gun powerup?!? C'mon guys!!! I was reconciling with my e-wife, making real progress, family first bla bla bla, and now it's all over because of your awesome MOD. I love/hate you all.
:pffft:
Post by: geh233 on November 09, 2012, 07:32:51 pm
lololololololololololololol  :lol: when is 1.1 coming out???
Post by: treminaor on November 09, 2012, 07:39:34 pm
lololololololololololololol  :lol: when is 1.1 coming out???
When it's ready - currently we still have quite a list of things to fix and we keep coming up with things to add.
Post by: treminaor on November 11, 2012, 07:22:10 am
Current v1.1 changelog (still working on more stuff though  :poker: )

Fixed:

Major:
Black Ops AUG added to play, challenge added for kills
Black Ops Commando added to play, challenge added for kills
Black Ops Stoner 63 added to play, challenge added for kills
Sentry Gun powerup added to Arcademode! Challenge added: "Automated Extermination"
New Pack-a-Punch Weapon Textures for all guns
Various sprint anims were missing missing (ak74u, snipers, etc) - they have been added
Hellfire didn't count towards killcount
Freezegun didn't count towards killcount
Crossbow didn't consistantly count towards killcount
If a challenge-unlocked item has an effect, it is now displayed on the challenge description window.

Normal:
Removed all deceiving ladders from the map - no, you can't go up on anything! lol
Opened some windows in the Speedcola garage to make its location more obvious to new players.
Added a window across from one of the Pipewrench spawns to make its location more obvious to everyone during gameplay

Minor:
Added "in an illuminated fuelcan" to the boat fuel objective text to make it more obvious to new players
Moved AK74u to left side area near the labcoats (was previously in the saws building)
Powerup icons are no longer low-res in 1920x1080 (fixed as best as i can, any other pixelation is due to CoD's rendering)
Changed Quickrevive hint to Second Chance in Solo
Post by: Dns_Hypnotik on November 11, 2012, 08:52:30 am
Nicz i wand the V1.1
Post by: KhanzGaming on November 12, 2012, 09:30:10 pm
so do I. Any notifications when the 1.1 update is released. plus has anyone been able to play the mod online co-op ?
Post by: tomikaze on November 12, 2012, 09:44:47 pm
Idea: Can you make it so that the Sentry Gun kills give you points? If not, then people won't see an advantage in picking it up in any of the lower rounds. Or another idea would be that the zombies don't begin dropping the Sentry Gun powerup until round 10 or 15. BOOM! Problem solved.
Post by: treminaor on November 12, 2012, 09:49:49 pm
plus has anyone been able to play the mod online co-op ?
yes, many people
Post by: treminaor on November 12, 2012, 09:51:06 pm
Idea: Can you make it so that the Sentry Gun kills give you points? If not, then people won't see an advantage in picking it up in any of the lower rounds.
They give you points and add to your killcount ;)
Post by: tomikaze on November 12, 2012, 09:59:17 pm
They give you points and add to your killcount ;)

Wow, you guys HAVE thought of everything. Wait a minute...where's the Laser Colt!?!
Post by: deathclonic on November 12, 2012, 10:03:32 pm
Wow, you guys HAVE thought of everything. Wait a minute...where's the Laser Colt!?!
Laser colt is for ZCT.
Post by: tomikaze on November 12, 2012, 10:14:19 pm
Laser colt is for ZCT.
What, are you afraid of copyright infringement? Good lord, change the color and rename it the LaZer Pistol OR the Tomikaze Pistol. Am I the only one thinking outside the box here?
Post by: treminaor on November 12, 2012, 10:22:41 pm
What, are you afraid of copyright infringement? Good lord, change the color and rename it the LaZer Pistol OR the Tomikaze Pistol. Am I the only one thinking outside the box here?
Frankly I think the Laser Colt is boring - we have plenty of other interesting weapons, later on if we decide to make more we will incorporate some laser burning.

Also for the copyright infringement thing, there's a handful of community members that wait to chastise us for anything we do that isn't 100% original, so that's why we stay away from rehashing ideas.
Post by: geh233 on November 13, 2012, 02:44:07 am
i think that you should ask the creator of the cod4 star wars mod for some starwars weapons. im not much of a star wars fan but i love those guns!!
Post by: daedra descent on November 13, 2012, 04:15:15 am

i don't think they even have ZCT copyrighted. Ether way the Laser colt is lame and does nothing but rack up points, in which there are already PLENTY of guns to do that with.
Post by: treminaor on November 13, 2012, 04:33:48 am
i don't think they even have ZCT copyrighted.
lol it was a joke, of course its not copyrighted. Everything made with the tools is copyright by Activision.
Post by: falumpagus907 on November 15, 2012, 10:09:48 am
bought 2 copies of waw on steam  :P just for the pimp hat. GREAT JOB UGX!
Post by: treminaor on November 17, 2012, 01:46:03 am
Black Ops 2 release + being out of town for 3 days = no work done on v1.1

I'll get back into the swing of things shortly.
Post by: A-Grand on November 21, 2012, 12:16:26 am
I don't know if anyone found out about this, but I think I found a place where the zombies can't find you.
See the boat area? There behind the random box you can get there and the zombies won't reach you. We were 3 players, one of us were camping there most of time, lol.
Post by: treminaor on November 21, 2012, 01:03:33 am
I don't know if anyone found out about this, but I think I found a place where the zombies can't find you.
See the boat area? There behind the random box you can get there and the zombies won't reach you. We were 3 players, one of us were camping there most of time, lol.
90% sure someone already reported it and I fixed it. I'll check again later.
Post by: treminaor on November 22, 2012, 06:02:01 am
Currently I'm awaiting some map fixes from CoDMapper - once those are complete, v1.1 will pretty much be ready for release. I've kinda been sitting around waiting for our monthly bandwidth limit to reset, because we hit the 2 terabyte limit about 2 weeks ago. Currently the map is hosted on Delta's VPS in Germany (so if it's painfully slow for you, I apologize. At least it's fast for Europeans).
Post by: P0rkRoyalz on November 22, 2012, 06:10:01 am
Currently I'm awaiting some map fixes from CoDMapper - once those are complete, v1.1 will pretty much be ready for release. I've kinda been sitting around waiting for our monthly bandwidth limit to reset, because we hit the 2 terabyte limit about 2 weeks ago. Currently the map is hosted on Delta's VPS in Germany (so if it's painfully slow for you, I apologize. At least it's fast for Europeans).
holy shit 2 terabye limit, would that be from all the downloads of comosea? 2900 downloads doesnt seem like it would account to that much usage  :o :o
Post by: treminaor on November 22, 2012, 06:57:41 am
holy shit 2 terabye limit, would that be from all the downloads of comosea? 2900 downloads doesnt seem like it would account to that much usage  :o :o
2,900 downloads x 300mb each = 870GB. The rest is traffic from other map downloads. Site traffic does not count towards the limit.
Post by: P0rkRoyalz on November 25, 2012, 01:25:44 pm
not sure if anyone had noticed or it has been fixed yet but there is a spelling mistake (http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t520/SMWFTW/2012-11-26_00001.jpg)
it is on addiction I, addiction II, addiction II and addiction IV it is "Purchased" that is spelt(SPELLED) wrong
nothing major but just thought i would point it out
Post by: tomikaze on November 25, 2012, 03:31:15 pm
Whoa, the real mistake here is that you are rewarded with 1000 XP and a medic helmet for sucking so bad that you'd need to purchase quick revive 10 times in one game. Shouldn't the unlock be a mandatory pink dress that the player is forced to wear until skill increases?
Post by: treminaor on November 25, 2012, 06:48:03 pm
not sure if anyone had noticed or it has been fixed yet but there is a spelling mistake (http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t520/SMWFTW/2012-11-26_00001.jpg)
it is on addiction I, addiction II, addiction II and addiction IV it is "Purchased" that is spelt wrong
nothing major but just thought i would point it out
Fixed, thanks.
Post by: tomikaze on November 26, 2012, 04:12:17 am
Treminaor, be honest, you saw that "spelt wrong" was "spelled" incorrectly and it was just killing you not to point it out, but you took the high road instead and just overlooked it right?
Post by: treminaor on November 26, 2012, 04:22:32 am
Treminaor, be honest, you saw that "spelt wrong" was "spelled" incorrectly and it was just killing you not to point it out, but you took the high road instead and just overlooked it right?
lmao
Post by: treminaor on December 05, 2012, 08:42:26 am
Well CoDMapper seems to be at his wit's end with the current portal issues so it looks as if I am forced to revert some of the map file changes back to 1.0 status, including the windows which were added to expose Speedcola's location and one of the wrench locations.
Post by: deathclonic on December 05, 2012, 09:24:53 am
Well CoDMapper seems to be at his wit's end with the current portal issues so it looks as if I am forced to revert some of the map file changes back to 1.0 status, including the windows which were added to expose Speedcola's location and one of the wrench locations.
What if you put a window on the garage door? Even a small one would help.
Post by: treminaor on December 05, 2012, 09:26:10 am
What if you put a window on the garage door? Even a small one would help.
Not sure how much sense that would make, also i think that would still screw up the portals but I could try.
Post by: tomikaze on December 05, 2012, 02:27:40 pm
Realistically, how many new people are going to play the map who don't already know where speed cola is? And if having a switch on either side of that garage door isn't enough to make someone realize that they might want to open it sooner rather than later I'm not sure there is anything that you can do for that person's stunted mental developement. How about if a guy runs back and forth past the closed speed cola garage 50 times that it automatically deducts the points and gives him speed cola?
Post by: treminaor on December 05, 2012, 09:47:26 pm
Realistically, how many new people are going to play the map who don't already know where speed cola is? And if having a switch on either side of that garage door isn't enough to make someone realize that they might want to open it sooner rather than later I'm not sure there is anything that you can do for that person's stunted mental developement.
Good point, I won't bother then. I will revert the map changes when I get home - Comosea v1.1 should be out within the next few days hopefully. I also plan for this to be the first and last patch for the map, so even if there are more suggestions we will most likely not implement anything beyond this patch (baring extreme game-breaking bugs).
Post by: geh233 on December 05, 2012, 09:48:32 pm
what about you put one elevated floor in the map and put a shino numa style zipline. it goes great with the map because i would be something you transport logs through. so maybe put 2 or 3 logs on it. i think you should put a certain loaction, but ill upload a pic of that location soon. CONSIDER THIS!!!
Post by: treminaor on December 05, 2012, 09:50:24 pm
what about you put one elevated floor in the map and put a shino numa style zipline. it goes great with the map because i would be something you transport logs through. so maybe put 2 or 3 logs on it. i think you should put a certain loaction, but ill upload a pic of that location soon. CONSIDER THIS!!!
This would screw up pathing, zones, and most importantly, the portals. Not going to happen, sorry.
Post by: treminaor on December 06, 2012, 09:39:24 am
With some help from W1NG3D we were able to port the CoD4 font to WaW/UGX Mod:

(http://i47.tinypic.com/2povayq.jpg)
(http://i47.tinypic.com/vf786.png)
(http://i45.tinypic.com/2mrsaj6.png)
(http://i48.tinypic.com/s6qhdl.png)
(http://i50.tinypic.com/sxhjz8.png)

You will see this new font in Comosea v1.1 as well as the standalone version of UGX Mod.
Post by: SajeOne on December 06, 2012, 09:56:48 am
WIN!
Post by: geh233 on December 08, 2012, 06:13:51 pm
1.1? 1.1? 1.1? 1.1? 1.1? sowy just so excited! when will 1.1 be out!? :rainbow:
Post by: SajeOne on December 08, 2012, 07:08:34 pm
1.1? 1.1? 1.1? 1.1? 1.1? sowy just so excited! when will 1.1 be out!? :rainbow:
sooner then you think O_O....or not, idk.
Post by: treminaor on December 08, 2012, 07:37:55 pm
I'll be working on finalizing the patch today. Expect a release soon.
Post by: geh233 on December 08, 2012, 11:42:42 pm
I'll be working on finalizing the patch today. Expect a release soon.
yay! i love you, complete homo
Post by: treminaor on December 09, 2012, 12:08:44 am
yay! i love you, complete homo
:gusta:
Post by: MortenMarioGiiK on December 09, 2012, 12:59:47 pm
Do you lose all of youre unlocks when the update comes out? 
Post by: SajeOne on December 09, 2012, 03:05:11 pm
you don't lose them, but the new mod will have the level reset, you can always go back to 1.0 and continue working on your current level.
Post by: treminaor on December 09, 2012, 08:15:56 pm
No, your rank is kept. However, your rank is separate between each UGX map, meaning even if you are rank 40 in Comosea you will start at rank 0 in Bar v2.0.
Post by: MortenMarioGiiK on December 09, 2012, 08:45:12 pm
well thats cool... ;D thx
Post by: treminaor on December 10, 2012, 08:33:22 pm
Sentry Turrets are usable ;)

(http://i47.tinypic.com/1g3w55.jpg)

They also blow up after 45 seconds, killing any zombies near them :)
Post by: Zombiejelly on December 10, 2012, 09:15:38 pm
im so freaking excited for this :D
Post by: tomikaze on December 10, 2012, 10:56:15 pm
What? No dual wielding the sentry turrets? WEAK!
Post by: daedra descent on December 10, 2012, 10:59:17 pm
No, your rank is kept. However, your rank is separate between each UGX map, meaning even if you are rank 40 in Comosea you will start at rank 0 in Bar v2.0.

well, if the scores are kept in the same file, and the file is easy to access then you could just copy the file with the scores and overwrite it.

UM, you do know that sentry guns weigh a ton don't you?

besides that they would be very inaccurate lol
Post by: treminaor on December 10, 2012, 11:20:38 pm
lmao

well, if the scores are kept in the same file, and the file is easy to access then you could just copy the file with the scores and overwrite it.
Not possible, the files are encrypted by the engine.

UM, you do know that sentry guns weigh a ton don't you?

besides that they would be very inaccurate lol
Successful troll was successful.
Post by: SajeOne on December 11, 2012, 02:38:01 am
Sentry Turrets are usable ;)

(http://i47.tinypic.com/1g3w55.jpg)

They also blow up after 45 seconds, killing any zombies near them :)
BEAST! :D
Post by: treminaor on December 12, 2012, 05:44:12 pm

Now to add regular pineapple grenades to replace the WW2 stick grenades...
Post by: deathclonic on December 12, 2012, 06:39:56 pm
Now to add regular pineapple grenades to replace the WW2 stick grenades...
Yeah dildo grenades are sooo old, and don't fit this map.
Post by: treminaor on December 12, 2012, 07:37:12 pm
Modern frag grenades added.

Upgraded crossbow now attracts zombies like in Black Ops.

(Hopefully) Final test build has been distributed internally, once it's good to go I will release it to the public.
Post by: geh233 on December 12, 2012, 09:24:11 pm
Modern frag grenades added.

Upgraded crossbow now attracts zombies like in Black Ops.

(Hopefully) Final test build has been distributed internally, once it's good to go I will release it to the public.
EPIC!!
Post by: KDXDARK on December 12, 2012, 10:21:16 pm
Awesome! :D but for now i cant use my computer  :(
Post by: daedra descent on December 12, 2012, 10:31:51 pm
why did treyarch use the German grenades instead of the American ones anyway?
Post by: W1NG3D on December 12, 2012, 10:55:02 pm
why did treyarch use the German grenades instead of the American ones anyway?

Probably because their initial map (Nacht der Untoten) was set in Germany, and it made sense that German grenades would be stockpiled there. Then I suppose they'd have just used the same ones for all their other maps because there was little point in changing the grenade type. There's also the fact that the animation for the US pineapple grenades kinda sucks. :P
Post by: geh233 on December 13, 2012, 12:58:57 am
Probably because their initial map (Nacht der Untoten) was set in Germany, and it made sense that German grenades would be stockpiled there. Then I suppose they'd have just used the same ones for all their other maps because there was little point in changing the grenade type. There's also the fact that the animation for the US pineapple grenades kinda sucks. :P
i thought it was set in either japan (because the map in waw, airfield, had the same location) or USA (because you can go there in tranzit)
Post by: geh233 on December 13, 2012, 01:08:43 am
also somethin that would be AWESOME: after then end of credits when you beat game, it shows a small clip of you arriving at a small port in a small town on the motor boat. then, the screen goes black with the sound of a heartbeat. it goes back to the video with you sprinting down a street in that city. then it goes black again with heart beat. lastly it shows you walking into bar 2.0 with that zippo lighter that trem showed off on yt and it goes black. now all you hear is a zombie sprinting then attacking, and lastly a deagle shot with a head splatter. when that shot goes off, blood splatters on the black screen and a creepy white text is in the blood that says "COMING SOON"  :nyan: FOR THE WIN
Post by: deathclonic on December 13, 2012, 01:28:12 am
also somethin that would be AWESOME: after then end of credits when you beat game, it shows a small clip of you arriving at a small port in a small town on the motor boat. then, the screen goes black with the sound of a heartbeat. it goes back to the video with you sprinting down a street in that city. then it goes black again with heart beat. lastly it shows you walking into bar 2.0 with that zippo lighter that trem showed off on yt and it goes black. now all you hear is a zombie sprinting then attacking, and lastly a deagle shot with a head splatter. when that shot goes off, blood splatters on the black screen and a creepy white text is in the blood that says "COMING SOON"  :nyan: FOR THE WIN
I like how it ends currently. The credits end and it shows you on the boat in the middle of the ocean. The boat has run out of gas then you proceed to kill yourself.  :lol:
Post by: treminaor on December 13, 2012, 04:40:34 am
v1.1 is uploading now. Here is the official Changelog:

v1.1 Changelog:

Major:
Black Ops AUG added to play, challenge added for kills
Black Ops Commando added to play, challenge added for kills
Black Ops Stoner 63 added to play, challenge added for kills
Sentry Gun powerup added to Arcademode! Challenge added: "Automated Extermination"
   When 45 second timer is up for Sentry Turrets, they will explode, killing zombies in the nearby radius.
   Sentry Turrets are mountable and controllable by players, use at your own discretion ;)
Black Ops Semtex Grenades added as a wall purchase.
   You can buy them off the fence in the area beyond the Garage (Referred to as the Left-side area)
Black Ops Frag Grenade now replaces the WWII German Potato Grenades
Upgraded Crossbow now attracts zombies like in Black Ops
New Pack-a-Punch Weapon Textures for all guns
Crossbow no longer kills zombies on impact (this was never intended to happen)
Random Box price no longer increases beyond 950.
Hellfire didn't count towards killcount
Freezegun didn't count towards killcount
Crossbow didn't consistantly count towards killcount
If a challenge-unlocked item has an effect, it is now displayed on the challenge description window.
Fixed bug where hintstrings for various objectives or perk machines were not being updated or displayed in rare cases.

Normal:
Fixed missing reload sounds on M14 Upgraded
Adjusted M14 ADS FOV

Minor:
http://cs417830.userapi.com/v417830991/118d/iTelftcjiyI.jpg fixed
Scope shaders are now CoD4 shaders
Changed Quickrevive hint to Second Chance in Solo
Post by: treminaor on December 13, 2012, 06:05:29 am
v1.1 is live on the manager, release topic here -> http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=504
Post by: ocxmwys4mod on January 01, 2014, 01:22:21 pm
Thank you for sharing
Happy New Year