UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: MZslayer11 on August 27, 2014, 12:04:46 am

Title: "Magnetic Zombies"
Post by: MZslayer11 on August 27, 2014, 12:04:46 am
Im sure im not the only one who has noticed that the zombies in WaW (both stock maps and custom maps) pull you in when you get hit, which can be extremely annoying and makes Jugg essential. So annoying that me and my friend have dubbed them the "Magnetic Zombies". I have also noticed that this "pulling in" effect is minimal to nonexistent in BO and BO2. So this got me thinking... is there a way to remove this "Magnetic" effect from our custom maps. I would assume that this action is either some unchangeable part of the WaW engine, or there might be a way to edit a certain script to remove this function from our maps. I would personally love to see all future maps have excluded this function because frankly it is just an annoyance. So what do you think? Is there a way to remove this unwanted feature from our maps, or will we just have to continue coping with this like we have been for years. Let me know that you guys think and if you do find a way to remove it PLEASE release your method to the public... I think everyone would appreciate it!
Title: Re: "Magnetic Zombies"
Post by: SoulTaker on August 27, 2014, 12:32:07 am
I've seen someone on here say it's a bug in the script Treyarch failed to fix. I personally like the effect as it makes it more difficult if you want to get up close and personal, but I don't think there is a fix or else a lot of the maps would have this fix. In Quizz v2 though I noticed they didn't know that so maybe.
Post by: DidUknowiPwn on August 27, 2014, 12:38:49 am
Look for when an AI swipes at a player and then compare it to other versions of ZM
Post by: ConvictioNDR on August 27, 2014, 01:27:13 am
Why take away the one thing that makes WaW zombies more realistic? If you were surrounded by zombies they aren't going to just swipe and not grab on to you and then give you a dumbfounded look like how you get away? There is a reason I'm not impressed by high rounds on BO1 and BO2. It's not that difficult when you can get 2 inches away from a zombie and they can't even grab you. It makes it way too easy.
Post by: SoulTaker on August 27, 2014, 02:20:49 am
Why take away the one thing that makes WaW zombies more realistic? If you were surrounded by zombies they aren't going to just swipe and not grab on to you and then give you a dumbfounded look like how you get away? There is a reason I'm not impressed by high rounds on BO1 and BO2. It's not that difficult when you can get 2 inches away from a zombie and they can't even grab you. It makes it way too easy.
Couldn't agree more man. Makes WAW way more challenging!
Post by: MZslayer11 on August 27, 2014, 04:17:14 am

I see your point... however we do need to remember that this is a game and sometimes realistic attributes can sometimes turn into an annoyance. I do agree that WaW takes WAY more skill than BO/BO2 but skill should not be confused with frustration.
Post by: ConvictioNDR on August 27, 2014, 06:05:38 am
I see your point... however we do need to remember that this is a game and sometimes realistic attributes can sometimes turn into an annoyance. I do agree that WaW takes WAY more skill than BO/BO2 but skill should not be confused with frustration.
It has never annoyed or frustrated me. I've seen multiple people get angry toward me because of this exact thing like it is my fault they suck at zombies, but I've never been frustrated by it. If you're not smart enough to stay away from the zombies then that's your fault. I suggest playing smarter. I had a person tell me he thought he knew how to disable it like a year ago but I have no interest in doing so, so I never pursued it and I definitely didn't care enough to remember what he said. So if you find what he found then it's most likely possible. It might have been in zombiemode spawner. Seems like the place to be for zombies attacking stuff.
You say you want to see it taken out of all future maps? Well tough, I plan to keep it in all of my maps. I don't want to make maps that can just mindlessly be played like any Treyarch map. I want my maps to be a challenge that will actually make the players have to play smart rather than the mindless gameplay you get from any Treyarch map in BO1/BO2. I also go by the policy of never asking a player to do something I cannot do myself. So far a lot of people seem to think it's a winning formula.
Post by: MZslayer11 on August 27, 2014, 04:12:10 pm
It has never annoyed or frustrated me. I've seen multiple people get angry toward me because of this exact thing like it is my fault they suck at zombies, but I've never been frustrated by it. If you're not smart enough to stay away from the zombies then that's your fault. I suggest playing smarter. I had a person tell me he thought he knew how to disable it like a year ago but I have no interest in doing so, so I never pursued it and I definitely didn't care enough to remember what he said. So if you find what he found then it's most likely possible. It might have been in zombiemode spawner. Seems like the place to be for zombies attacking stuff.
You say you want to see it taken out of all future maps? Well tough, I plan to keep it in all of my maps. I don't want to make maps that can just mindlessly be played like any Treyarch map. I want my maps to be a challenge that will actually make the players have to play smart rather than the mindless gameplay you get from any Treyarch map in BO1/BO2. I also go by the policy of never asking a player to do something I cannot do myself. So far a lot of people seem to think it's a winning formula.

I guess well just have to agree to disagree on this one. Don't get me wrong i still LOVE playing WaW, its just one of those things that i find annoying. ;)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on September 12, 2014, 02:47:28 am
Personally I dont think it has anything to do with a players skills...

The amount of times Ive tried to run past a zombie, hes hit me, which led to me being "magnetized" (as you call it lol) so I physically "cannot" avoid the following attack = down on solo without jug...

But they are right, its a feature ive always known about and made sure to be aware of in WaW, and it does add challenge. Its more annoying when you only have one zombie left, your doing something like a easter egg or something, you mildly bump into a zombie and he windmills you with no chance of escape - now that is annoying. But so is life

The overall impression I get from WaW is they wanted you to avoid them at all costs, Not even attempt to go near them or its magnet windmill sucker punch time ;)