UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: Zandorum on August 17, 2014, 05:24:41 am

Title: Is this an option?
Post by: Zandorum on August 17, 2014, 05:24:41 am
I've been looking at UGX Mod Standalone but I haven't seen anything about being able to refuse features.

My current worries:

If anyone can tell answer these questions for me, I would be very grateful.
Thank you for all of your help.
Title: Re: Is this an option?
Post by: RamboBadass on August 17, 2014, 01:55:39 pm
I've been looking at UGX Mod Standalone but I haven't seen anything about being able to refuse features.

My current worries:
  • Will I beable to restrict which guns appear in the mystery box?
  • Will I beable to make the map skip the gamemode selection screen to be normal zombies?
  • Will I beable to add my own content without overloading the game?
  • Will I beable to use my own hud?
  • Will I beable to set the Max perks back down to 4 (I'd rather limit it and add a way to increase it)?

1.  i believe yes
2. I think but Trem would know more on that.
3. Yes there's tons of maps that have the UGX mod with other content
4. No
5. Almost positive it a yes, but again Trem could tell you this one.
Post by: SajeOne on August 17, 2014, 05:11:06 pm

My current worries:
  • Will I beable to restrict which guns appear in the mystery box?
  • Will I beable to make the map skip the gamemode selection screen to be normal zombies?
  • Will I beable to add my own content without overloading the game?
  • Will I beable to use my own hud?
  • Will I beable to set the Max perks back down to 4 (I'd rather limit it and add a way to increase it)?

1. You can restrict and add your own weapons to the mod.
2. You can inherently restrict all gamemodes to the modes of your choosing. If you want to remove code that handles it yourself you can do so but there is no tutorials or documentation on such.
3. UGX-MOD is optimized for mappers to add a reasonable amount of assets to the game without hitting limits. You aren't going to be able to remove all UGX features and replace them with your own obviously as we are still going to have all those assets included.
4. Yes you can use your own hud.
5. With your own code you can go right ahead.

Our mod is fairly open source, all scripts that make the mod function you can edit to your liking. Some have the idea that you drop on the mod and immediately all your creativity in features cannot be added to the mod. Our mod is very customizable, you can modify it almost completely to your liking.
Post by: RamboBadass on August 17, 2014, 05:28:16 pm
I was close lol
Post by: mrpeanut188 on August 17, 2014, 05:37:27 pm
Our mod is fairly open source, all scripts that make the mod function you can edit to your liking. Some have the idea that you drop on the mod and immediately all your creativity in features cannot be added to the mod. Our mod is very customizable, you can modify it almost completely to your liking.
That's probably one of my favorite things about UGX, I really don't like a lot of the gamemodes and such but mappers are given the option to limit it to standard survival mode.