UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => General => Content Reviews => Topic started by: JadenSzewczak on August 13, 2014, 02:00:19 am

Title: [27/40] The Bunker - Cosmic Silverbacks from Dead Ops Arcade!
Post by: JadenSzewczak on August 13, 2014, 02:00:19 am
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi59.tinypic.com%2Fwjt5e9.jpg&hash=b70de0eca199b01d4b92aac43351e03bac45c3e7)

The Bunker is the first custom zombies map made by Adam Paul (thebeast2365).

Intro: Hey, what's good everyone? I'm Jaden and this is my first attempt at a custom zombies map review so go easy on me! I've played The Bunker a couple of times now and I gotta say it's pretty enjoyable. There are a lot of tight and tough engagements, as well as two open areas players can comfortably rapetrain in.

Setting: The Bunker begins outside of a tiny house in Berlin, Germany. There are dead soldiers scattered around the yard and zombies are trying to eat you. Upon purchasing the first door (a bookshelf) players enter a menacing underground Nazi shelter with an escaped test subject on the loose.

Positives: The Bunker is a decent size and it flows fairly well - There aren't any isolated areas. There are spots for campers and trainers alike and mowing down zombies is made easy with the elemental staffs from Origins. It also has an easter egg in which you have to power four generators and decontaminate the place. The map has some black ops weapons as well as a custom trap called "The Grinder" which opens up a pit of spinning blades for zombies to drop into.

Negatives: The Bunker unfortunately is ridden with problems. If you fall into The Grinder, you can only escape via bleeding out and losing your stuff (in a solo match this causes a game over). You are a three hit kill w/o juggernog, the guns aren't balanced, the custom injection power-up's effects never go away and zombies have a tendency to pause (and eventually die out) at certain barriers. Additionally, many people have been experiencing a frame rate issue on this map, some are saying that it's so bad the map is unplayable.

Wish It Was There: I wish the Cosmic Silverback had his original animations. His massive size and his abundance of health was really cool. The siren/announcer to warn you he was coming was frightening in all the right ways. Sadly, the vibe dies right when he appears behind a barrier (no epic zombie bosses do this) and runs around just like a normal zombie.

Conclusion: It is a reasonably entertaining map to survive on especially if you play with some friends. I would recommend playing this map if you haven't already. Adam did a great job for his first zombies map and I'm hoping to see more content from him.

Should you download this map? – Yes.

Level of Detail: 6/10 (He went a little overboard in some areas)
Custom Content: 7/10 (I like features in zombie maps to feel polished as hell)
Fun Scale: 8/10 (The bugs found in the map are what hurt the score)
Replayability: 6/10 (It's nothing you haven't seen before, besides the Cosmic Silverback)

Overall Score: 27/40

Release Page: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3657.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3657.0)
Title: Re: [27/40] The Bunker - Cosmic Silverbacks from Dead Ops Arcade!
Post by: youngmoney on August 13, 2014, 02:05:32 am
This map was good until I realized how terribly unbalanced all the guns are.
Post by: SoulTaker on August 13, 2014, 02:09:54 am
In my opinion the map was great but those little problems hurt the map. It's hard to look past the things I don't like.
I don't mind the new drop other than the music that plays when you get it is really annoying after the third time.
As well as zombies not knowing where you are.
I don't get why the silverback doesn't have his original animations, because in the previews he did. :(
Post by: JadenSzewczak on August 13, 2014, 02:17:30 am
This map was good until I realized how terribly unbalanced all the guns are.
IMO the map is still good, but if the guns were balanced it would be even better.

I don't get why the silverback doesn't have his original animations, because in the previews he did. :(
I was not aware of this. I'm going to ask him why his original animations were removed before the maps release!
Post by: SoulTaker on August 13, 2014, 02:27:29 am
IMO the map is still good, but if the guns were balanced it would be even better.

I was not aware of this. I'm going to ask him why his original animations were removed before the maps release!

http://youtu.be/7mYhVsJpFyo?list=UU81XstNUh7vMKyowOhr8FMQ (http://youtu.be/7mYhVsJpFyo?list=UU81XstNUh7vMKyowOhr8FMQ)
Post by: Cold_banana on August 13, 2014, 02:44:19 am
Those animations where awesome! :'(
Post by: Dust on August 13, 2014, 07:12:12 am
After spending an hour on this map I finally had to quit. Good map design and layout but horrible gameplay. First of all I cant get decent frames above 20, other maps i get 90-100 this map I struggle to get above 20. Everytime I kept a zombie(a runner or a crawler) he would die off after about 5 minutes so I could never do any steps of the easter egg. Ton of weird pathing with the zombies, while training them they would get stuck and die off(which is what I think kept happening to the zombie I tried saving at the end of the round) Everytime I killed the silverback it would automatically make a nuke go off which kept ending the round if I didnt get rid of him fast enough. I had the fire staff from the box and when I made it to the area with all the staffs buyable for 5k, I tried buying ice staff, wouldnt let me so I figured we could only have 1 per player, so I pressed F on the fire staff(for some reason thinking it would take it off me) but instead it took 5k off of me and gave me a new fire staff(even though I already had one). Also even when the zombies jumped into the Meat Grinder, they could still jump out somehow with full health. Like I said good layout but horrible gameplay. I personally feel he should have spent another couple of weeks on it.
Post by: SoulTaker on August 13, 2014, 08:25:18 am
The funny thing is I turned shadows off and it got 30 more fps.
Post by: JadenSzewczak on August 13, 2014, 04:11:21 pm
After spending an hour on this map I finally had to quit. Good map design and layout but horrible gameplay. First of all I cant get decent frames above 20, other maps i get 90-100 this map I struggle to get above 20. Everytime I kept a zombie(a runner or a crawler) he would die off after about 5 minutes so I could never do any steps of the easter egg. Ton of weird pathing with the zombies, while training them they would get stuck and die off(which is what I think kept happening to the zombie I tried saving at the end of the round) Everytime I killed the silverback it would automatically make a nuke go off which kept ending the round if I didnt get rid of him fast enough. I had the fire staff from the box and when I made it to the area with all the staffs buyable for 5k, I tried buying ice staff, wouldnt let me so I figured we could only have 1 per player, so I pressed F on the fire staff(for some reason thinking it would take it off me) but instead it took 5k off of me and gave me a new fire staff(even though I already had one). Also even when the zombies jumped into the Meat Grinder, they could still jump out somehow with full health. Like I said good layout but horrible gameplay. I personally feel he should have spent another couple of weeks on it.
It is bizarre that so many players are experiencing frame rate issues, as I still have not had any. Zombies/crawlers die out in TranZit too, so I had no problem with that either. However I have to agree the bugs that you've mentioned really hurt this map... especially the zombies pausing/weird pathing.
Post by: thebeast2365 on August 13, 2014, 05:50:05 pm
I apologise for the issues. I am currently working on a 1.1 update to fix many of these
Post by: Dust on August 13, 2014, 06:05:53 pm
It is bizarre that so many players are experiencing frame rate issues, as I still have not had any. Zombies/crawlers die out in TranZit too, so I had no problem with that either. However I have to agree the bugs that you've mentioned really hurt this map... especially the zombies pausing/weird pathing.

Well in Tranzit they wouldnt freeze then die off, if you got to far they would, but these zombies kept getting stuck on absolutely nothing causing them to die off. The map wasnt made like that, it was the pathing issues causing it
Post by: SoulTaker on August 13, 2014, 06:09:04 pm
I apologise for the issues. I am currently working on a 1.1 update to fix many of these
It's cool man no one is perfect we all make mistakes.
 :)
Post by: Cold_banana on August 13, 2014, 08:12:52 pm
This map definitely deserves more than 27 and I think you should review it again once the bugs are fixed in ver 1.1
Post by: treminaor on August 13, 2014, 09:27:24 pm
This map definitely deserves more than 27
In its current state a 27 is more than appropriate. The map is borderline unplayable and has many bugs besides the FPS drops that break the gameplay.
Post by: JadenSzewczak on August 13, 2014, 10:25:42 pm
I personally can't wait to play the update. Thanks for the map Adam!