UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: P0rkRoyalz on September 30, 2012, 04:10:17 pm

Title: how to not use the bowie knife on certain weapons?
Post by: P0rkRoyalz on September 30, 2012, 04:10:17 pm
is it possible to not use the bowie knife on certain weapons? because ive ported the ballistic knife with help from YaPh1l he wrote the scripts, but would it be possible because when buy the bowie knife and i have the ballistic knife (bowie style  ) i knife with the bowie like you would any other weapon, when you knife with the bowie version of the ballistic knife it doesnt show the bowie knife in the normal knife anim so that could mean its not working correctly..? and it doesnt do it on the standard ballistic knife and its also not the anims in the weapon file, if any one could help me out please do, thanks in advance
Title: Re: how to not use the bowie knife on certain weapons?
Post by: P0rkRoyalz on October 04, 2012, 08:47:39 am
bump, if its not possible just post  so i can get it out of the way ???
Post by: SajeOne on October 04, 2012, 09:37:00 pm
bump, if its not possible just post  so i can get it out of the way ???
it is possible, through code. Just make it so if the ballistic knife is in a players inventory then they cannot purchase the bowie knife, And if the player gets the ballistic knife post buying the bowie knife, it either removes the bowie knife from the players inventory or gives them a version of the ballistic knife which has the bowie knife.
Post by: daedra descent on October 05, 2012, 06:32:13 pm
it is possible, through code. Just make it so if the ballistic knife is in a players inventory then they cannot purchase the bowie knife, And if the player gets the ballistic knife post buying the bowie knife, it either removes the bowie knife from the players inventory or gives them a version of the ballistic knife which has the bowie knife.

the blallistic knife with the bowie is  a seperate weapon then?
Post by: SajeOne on October 05, 2012, 11:05:18 pm
the blallistic knife with the bowie is  a seperate weapon then?
correct
Post by: P0rkRoyalz on October 06, 2012, 06:11:36 am
thanks for getting back to me about this but the ballistic knife kind of works the opposite way around (maybe you already knew that...?) when you have the ballistic knife you are meant to be able to buy the bowie so that it is a much stronger melee (no shit  :lol:) and there are the 2 versions of the ballistic knife the normal one and the version with the bowie knife (well actually 4 but dont worry about the upgraded versions), but would it be possible to code it so that the bowie knife or "specialty_alt_melee" doesnt "exist" when the player has the _bowie version of the weapon? because that is what happens and thats why i wanted the bowie to not be useable on the _bowie version
you will see what i mean in the video

:(
We're sorry.
The embdedded media couldn't be retrieved.
View reason
The response was empty.
View media in new tab
Post by: Earth on October 06, 2012, 09:14:05 am
thanks for getting back to me about this but the ballistic knife kind of works the opposite way around (maybe you already knew that...?) when you have the ballistic knife you are meant to be able to buy the bowie so that it is a much stronger melee (no shit  :lol:) and there are the 2 versions of the ballistic knife the normal one and the version with the bowie knife (well actually 4 but dont worry about the upgraded versions), but would it be possible to code it so that the bowie knife or "specialty_alt_melee" doesnt "exist" when the player has the _bowie version of the weapon? because that is what happens and thats why i wanted the bowie to not be useable on the _bowie version

(Content removed from quote.)

Sorry I don't have a fix, but it's not too noticeable. So maybe if you speed up the melee time in the weapon file, it will look better and harder to notice.
 :)

edit: eh yea it's pretty prominent actually.
Post by: SajeOne on October 06, 2012, 07:43:45 pm

(Content removed from quote.)
If you are this committed to it, Redo the animation in maya.
Post by: P0rkRoyalz on October 07, 2012, 01:20:22 am
Thanks for the advise I will take both of your suggestions into consideration seems like there's no other way to do it, thanks again
Post by: Chunkdogg9 on October 07, 2012, 04:04:02 pm
can i ask where is the ballistic knife in tom bmx's program?
Post by: P0rkRoyalz on October 08, 2012, 03:10:21 am
can i ask where is the ballistic knife in tom bmx's program?
it should be under "t5_weapon_ballistic_knife" and all the ballistic knife related models will show up, if you havent hit "convert" in black ops mod tools and moved over the IWI's from the IWD files then it wont be there and neither will the images for the models hope this helps
Post by: Chunkdogg9 on October 08, 2012, 04:30:29 am
Trying that all now! So you got it working any chance you could help me out with gettin it to work after I've imported it?
Post by: P0rkRoyalz on October 08, 2012, 04:33:16 am
i havent got it completely working but YaPh1l has been helping me with script for it so its nearly done and might release it after i release my map but its up to YaPh1l if he wants his scripts going to the public so i will have to check but once i get this part worked out i will let you know :)