UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: CyberMan1011 on June 10, 2014, 11:38:57 pm

Title: Thoughts on E3 2014?
Post by: CyberMan1011 on June 10, 2014, 11:38:57 pm
So E3 is currently going on right now, and imo I'm really enjoying most of the stuff that Nintendo has announced right now :D

What do you guys think?
Title: Re: Thoughts on E3?
Post by: n123q45 on June 10, 2014, 11:42:06 pm
eww Nintendo
Post by: JBird632 on June 10, 2014, 11:54:26 pm
Naughtdog's Uncharted 4... just saying
Post by: chromastone10 on June 11, 2014, 12:08:12 am
Wait, did they show anything? I really loved the Uncharted games
Post by: KDXDARK on June 11, 2014, 12:10:37 am
i really enjoy Advanced Warfare gameplay its was very cool :D
Post by: CyberMan1011 on June 11, 2014, 12:10:42 am

From what I've heard, Sony's presentation was boring and Microsoft's presentation was shit.

Tbh though, The Halo Master Chief Collection actually looks interesting to me

Since I'm more of a Nintendo fan, I'm just mainly paying attention to the stuff that Nintendo has announced so far lol
Post by: Dust on June 11, 2014, 12:19:44 am
Well gta5 and dead rising 3 was confirmed to be coming to pc so im excited for that. Far Cry 4 comes out in october so i want that. Dead Island 2 looks awesome. Dying Light of course is coming out febuary. Those are about the only ones i saw that looked awesome.
Post by: JBird632 on June 11, 2014, 12:27:08 am
They relieved Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and showed a small teaser trailer.
Post by: MAK911 on June 11, 2014, 01:27:03 am
Dead Island 2 and Dying Light? Come spring next year, you won't ever see me again. Dead Island 1 alone I have about 100 hours clocked in and about 5 playthroughs. I know I should have more playthroughs then that for 100 hours, but ADD. "We're supposed to go here, but my lightning kanabo says go to this group of zombies."
Post by: moonmaster1 on June 11, 2014, 01:45:29 am
So E3 is currently going on right now, and imo I'm really enjoying most of the stuff that Nintendo has announced right now :D

^This. Also some games coming to PC. I don't have any next gen consoles so there is not a whole lot for me to sink my teeth into.
Post by: CyberMan1011 on June 11, 2014, 02:20:00 am
So Nintendo just announced via Twitter that Pac-Man has joined Smash Bros....

This is quite surprising, I never expected someone like him to join :P
Post by: DeletedUser on June 11, 2014, 02:33:09 am
So Nintendo just announced via Twitter that Pac-Man has joined Smash Bros....

This is quite surprising, I never expected someone like him to join :P
think of it this way, we hopefully dodged any chance of getting more sonic characters to "join the fight" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Although past aside the inside jokes, maybe one or two sonic characters would make sense to be included... Im hoping Mr. Game & Watch comes back - he was and op fighter in his time (mainly melee - he was nerfed in brawl sadly... :'() 
Post by: CyberMan1011 on June 11, 2014, 02:34:42 am
think of it this way, we hopefully dodged any chance of getting more sonic characters to "join the fight" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Although past aside the inside jokes, maybe one or two sonic characters would make sense to be included... Im hoping Mr. Game & Watch comes back - he was and op fighter in his time (mainly melee - he was nerfed in brawl sadly... :'()

Oops, I forgot to tell you xD

Along with Pac-Man, Game & Watch has also been announced as well
Post by: DeletedUser on June 11, 2014, 02:35:22 am
Oops, I forgot to tell you xD

Along with Pac-Man, Game & Watch has also been announced as well
;D
Post by: CyberMan1011 on June 11, 2014, 02:36:40 am
The unfortunate thing is that all of this info is not being revealed via a livestream...it's instead on a live blog and no photography is allowed

I really want to see all of this right now :alone:
Post by: SparkyMcSparks on June 11, 2014, 02:49:32 am
Guaranteed PreOrders:

Would Like:
Post by: DeletedUser on June 11, 2014, 03:29:34 am
Guaranteed PreOrders:
  • Battlefield: Hardline (PC)
Hardline doesn't look that interesting to me. Just BF4 with a reskin taken borrowed from Payday.
Post by: Dust on June 11, 2014, 03:52:35 am
Guaranteed PreOrders:
  • Battlefield: Hardline (PC)

I got the battlefield hardline beta on pc, its pretty fun
Post by: geh233 on June 11, 2014, 04:12:34 am
everything looked great!!!!!

Games i will buy:

Forza Horizon 2
Tom Clancy's The Division
GTA V (Xbox One)

Games I might buy:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Battlefield: Hardline
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Batman: Arkham Knight
Post by: CyberMan1011 on June 11, 2014, 04:29:35 am
everything looked great!!!!!

Games i will buy:

Forza Horizon 2
Tom Clancy's The Division
GTA V (Xbox One)

Games I might buy:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Battlefield: Hardline
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Batman: Arkham Knight

I've never been a fan of GTA but I think I *might* change my mind since GTA V actually looks fun :D
Title: Re: Thoughts on E3 2014?
Post by: Zombiejelly on June 11, 2014, 10:51:50 am
I have seen a good many games that look great, one in particular is Mortal Kombat X. The graphics looked amazing but I never count on the game looking like that when you are actually playing. They make everything look amazing at the demos and then when  u get in game it looks nothing like that. A good example of this is last year when they showed Battlefield 4. The demo was so beautiful then when I played it wasnt anything like they showed and i had settings on ultra.
Post by: CyberMan1011 on June 12, 2014, 12:26:14 am
I have seen a good many games that look great, one in particular is Mortal Kombat X. The graphics looked amazing but I never count on the game looking like that when you are actually playing. They make everything look amazing at the demos and then when  u get in game it looks nothing like that. A good example of this is last year when they showed Battlefield 4. The demo was so beautiful then when I played it wasnt anything like they showed and i had settings on ultra.

^ I second this.

Aliens: Colonial Marines looked like a good game before it came out, but it was total shit once it was released...
Post by: Delta on June 12, 2014, 01:20:21 am
As usual.
We see great games and we get promised a lot.

Obviously everone is showing the best of their products.

I see as usual exclusive stuff or early stuff for certain platforms ( which is a shame in my opinion )
I'm still waiting from these so called AAA Studios that they work on Cross-Platform.
( obviously you can't support any device but major ones... )

I see games which I would like to play, but won't sacrafice for this my KB+M and I see games where I could just slap the developers behind this and tell them to redo it again.

I'm super excited for The Devision and Rainbox Six: Siege. - Both Ubisoft games and therefore I'm sceptical in what I will get as a end product. So far - it looks incredible.

Far Cry 4 seems like a remastered Far Cry 3 with improvements, new content and a new terrain as well as a new story. - The coop integration is interesting and I can't wait to get my hands on this.

GTA V for PC confirmed - do I need to say anything else?

Battlefield Hardline was my biggest disappointment so far. - At least I could test it so hats up but as I was already afraid of this. - It seemed like a branch of the BF 4 engine with assets who fit into the Robbery theme and some additional new content. ( Grapling Hook, ... )

I didn't enjoyed the game much, hectic action and no tactics at all ( the typical > BF 2 gameplay )

This shouldn't be a AAA full title price. As an addon it's ok

Evolve looks amaizing running on CryEngine. - Again, disappointed to see exclusive DLC & Beta for XBox One - Why do these developer just punch us in the face.

Dying light - Mirrors Edge + Zombies -> *awesome*

There are many more games worth to mention. Good and bad things...
Post by: Rollonmath42 on June 12, 2014, 01:25:40 am
Out of everything that was shown that I saw, the only real thing that got me excited was the announcement of Dead Rising 3 coming to PC, since watching gameplay of it on XB1 was what got me into the second game and loving it. Other than that nothing else seemed to interest me.
Post by: johndoe on June 12, 2014, 07:36:54 am
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.gyazo.com%2F5947b20367f831ac3d72bb112df7146f.png&hash=217c03c735cdfdc72351ebfc55dcc84069378dac)
*sigh*
Post by: P0tZ on June 12, 2014, 09:21:00 am
I have quite enjoyed it s far. Little big planet 3 looked pretty sick although apart from the co-op aspect, it doesnt really appeal to me.

All in all there are a few titles I will deffo be investing in (Rainbow, Dead Island2 Batman,Far cry 4 probably & Last of us as I missed out on ps3 vers through a broken ps3 drive)

And with 1 day left, lets hope there is more suprises in store for us.
Post by: timelordalex on June 12, 2014, 03:39:59 pm
Star Wars Battlefront is all that I'm interested in.