UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: HDKenny on June 02, 2014, 10:54:15 pm

Title: Don\'t really know what to ask here....
Post by: HDKenny on June 02, 2014, 10:54:15 pm
Well I was working on a system for power where you have to change a fuse every so often, just to keep the game more interesting. All will be explained in my new map :P

Anyway I was gonna go for a first test and I got and error saying that there was an error with this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
SetDvar("cg_ScoresColor_Player_0", "0 0.3 1 1"); 
The error was saying something about I can't change that without making it a SetSavedDvar....
I did that and it said I can only edit saved Dvars with SetSavedDvar()

What is weird about it is the fact that I didn't change that at all, I didn't even change _zombiemode.gsc so Im at a loss here...

Here is an image of the error if it helps:
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi61.tinypic.com%2F29fp72t.jpg&hash=6faaf8e11c06e0bb88913f8f311974c646a3e3ca)

If someone could reply so I can choose best answer cause I fixed it and it merged my posts :P
Title: Re: Don\'t really know what to ask here....
Post by: PROxFTW on June 02, 2014, 11:18:57 pm
Have you tried self SetClientDvar? Maybe it would have to be set to this since based off the Dvar it might have to play on a player.
Post by: HDKenny on June 02, 2014, 11:25:05 pm
Have you tried self SetClientDvar? Maybe it would have to be set to this since based off the Dvar it might have to play on a player.
Thanks for reply :P but I dont know if you remember me, I made mod menus back in the day haha I kind of remeber you being around. But anyway I fixed it by rebuilding my mod like 10 times
Post by: PROxFTW on June 02, 2014, 11:27:13 pm
Thanks for reply :P but I dont know if you remember me, I made mod menus back in the day haha I kind of remeber you being around. But anyway I fixed it by rebuilding my mod like 10 times
Yah I remember, can't forget the ancient menu makers.
Post by: HDKenny on June 02, 2014, 11:39:11 pm
Yah I remember, can't forget the ancient menu makers.
Yup, its been too long tho, WaW code feels weird to me now so I may be in this section alot while I make this map :P
Post by: PROxFTW on June 02, 2014, 11:41:57 pm
Yup, its been too long tho, WaW code feels weird to me now so I may be in this section alot while I make this map :P
Still do menu making every now and then, mainly remakes but still. However if you need help, theres many people that can help so you should be fine.