UGX-Mods

UGX-Mods => Announcements => Topic started by: treminaor on May 27, 2014, 09:30:41 am

Title: Small Chatroom Update and Profile Changes
Post by: treminaor on May 27, 2014, 09:30:41 am
I've pushed a small update to the chat that fixes avatar display for people with uploaded avatars (see below). I also added a couple new statuses to the dropdown list: "Mapping", "Scripting", "Animating", "In-Game", and "Looking 4 Lobby". If you're looking for someone to play zombies with, set your status to Looking 4 Lobby and wait for someone else to find you in the chat :)

I've re-enabled avatar uploading for all users. To conserve server processing power, storage and bandwidth I have limited the upload size to 500kb. If you absolutely must use something bigger than that, upload it to imgur and link to the direct URL. Do not upload gifs to the server, it is not supported and the gif will be converted to a still image. Of course, linking to the URL of a gif still works fine.

Uploading an avatar to the site will automatically optimize and resize it - I am hoping that people will start to use this to allow the forum to optimize your avatar automatically, making pages load faster. I'm getting pretty annoyed with people setting HD 1080p screenshots as their tiny avatars on the forum...
Title: Re: Small Chatroom Update and Profile Changes
Post by: haxman123 on May 27, 2014, 07:41:09 pm
No more gifs :( oh well great updates dude lol
Post by: treminaor on May 27, 2014, 07:42:05 pm
No more gifs :( oh well great updates dude lol
What? If you want to have a gif, use the URL option for profiles. Nothing has changed there.
Post by: haxman123 on May 27, 2014, 07:45:24 pm
Do not upload gifs to the server, it is not supported and the gif will be converted to a still image.

i could of interpreted this wrong :/
Post by: treminaor on May 27, 2014, 07:46:51 pm
i could of interpreted this wrong :/
It means what it says: Uploading gifs using the upload feature will not work. Linking to gifs in the URL box is still fine.
Post by: haxman123 on May 27, 2014, 07:47:39 pm
It means what it says: Uploading gifs using the upload feature will not work. Linking to gifs in the URL box is still fine.

Oh my bad lol cool :D
Post by: treminaor on May 27, 2014, 07:56:12 pm
Added an "Animating" status at the request of Rollon.
Post by: DeletedUser on May 27, 2014, 08:08:29 pm
yay