UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => General => Content Reviews => Topic started by: R34P312 on May 25, 2014, 08:08:03 am

Title: (22/40) Farm Swamp - Farm?,Factory?,Warehouse? of the dead......
Post by: R34P312 on May 25, 2014, 08:08:03 am
Make sure you watch in HD!
http://youtu.be/zGmmXEH2MCQ (http://youtu.be/zGmmXEH2MCQ)

Map by:C.H.N

Level Detail : 6/10
Custom Content : 2/10
Fun Scale : 6/10 (Judged more harshly now!!)
Replayability : 8/10

Overall Score : 22/40

Download it on The UGX Map Manager

Release Post :
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2915.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2915.0)
Title: Re: (22/40) Farm Swamp - Farm?,Factory?,Warehouse? of the dead......
Post by: timelordalex on May 25, 2014, 10:23:32 am
fun scale would be considerably lower for me unfortunately, and i've only played this map twice, because of the stock setup so low replayability.
Post by: DeathBringerZen on May 25, 2014, 11:43:12 am
I completely disagree with the 6 given for level of detail. This map looks ridiculously good and would get a 9 in my opinion... easily!
Post by: n123q45 on May 25, 2014, 12:06:15 pm
based on the way he does his scales, the level of detail should be like a 7, but not too high because its not a "mind blowing" scene. It looks like it belong in waw, unlike alot of recent maps. I consider that a compliment for his first map. And for the record, this map is what made me devote myself to become a mapper :)
Post by: DeathBringerZen on May 25, 2014, 12:15:13 pm
based on the way he does his scales, the level of detail should be like a 7

Even 7 would be a serious injustice. I have only seen a handful of maps on this scene that would genuinely pass as a Treyarch map (visually) and this is one of them.

If this is a 6 or 7, I would love to hear what maps you think are better, ie: a 9 or 10.

Post Merge: May 25, 2014, 12:24:52 pm
It looks like it belong in waw, unlike alot of recent maps.

I should point out that it IS on WaW. Some maps can look modern but I have yet to see a single map on this scene with the exception of maybe Seelow that looks as good as if not better than the Der Riese map.

Der Riese is what I would consider a 10 on the scale, and if a map looks as good as (or better) than Der Riese then it deserves a 10. Seelow is the only map that I have seen that deserves a 10. Nacht Der Toten Walder and this map would be a 9.
Post by: Cold_banana on May 25, 2014, 03:25:24 pm
I agree with death this map should be judged too much on custom content but more on detail. I think what he is trying to achieve is to make the map feel like a stock map with the high level of detail. But i think he is remaking this one with more features like the PAP, new perks, etc.
Post by: R34P312 on May 25, 2014, 04:52:05 pm

Der Riese is what I would consider a 10 on the scale, and if a map looks as good as (or better) than Der Riese then it deserves a 10. Seelow is the only map that I have seen that deserves a 10. Nacht Der Toten Walder and this map would be a 9.

The level detail for me was boring, i get it looks nice but the rooms don't make sense and i felt a little more of a zombie torn environment would have gave the map a few more pts on the detail scale (seelow and walder tell a story with the environment detail that those maps have) this looks great but it's visually boring to me.

This map was the 1st map i ever downloaded on ugx manager, I do greatly enjoy the map!!!

I would love to see a 1.1 release with awesome new weapons and a pap machine!!!
Post by: DeathBringerZen on May 25, 2014, 05:12:32 pm
The level of detail bores you? I don't really know what that is supposed to mean!? Either a map looks good or it doesn't... and this map looks tremendous.

I would understand if you meant gameplay seeing as the map is very boring to play, but the visuals are top notch.
Post by: R34P312 on May 25, 2014, 05:37:32 pm
The level of detail bores you? I don't really know what that is supposed to mean!?

I'll try to explain better, Play Seelow and Walder then play farm swamp. I guess I'm more of a "destroyed, war-torn, fucked up " kinda detail person. The map other then looking good had nothing more going on, the rooms should give you a "this is suppose to be here feel" i don't get that with this map. you know the logic feeling, as to why something is there. when i play maps i look at artwork on walls, dropped cigs, bullet shells and it gives me clues as to what happened before my arrival or how these people lived before this.

As a reviewer i feel it's my duty to be as critical as possible with judging things, xmodels repeated 20x on the ground does not get my goat. (books in main hall, in main building,where the fuck did they come from?)

I know everyone is gonna have their own opinions, thanks for the feedback everyone.

Glad i could spark a good debate on this map! 8)
Post by: steviewonder87 on May 25, 2014, 05:38:47 pm
Detail should be a 9 definitely, one of the best detailed maps I've ever played, replayability an 8? I played it I think once or twice due to the stock features and the fact it doesn't even have PAP. The revamp should be great though  ;)
Post by: DeathBringerZen on May 25, 2014, 05:42:14 pm
Detail should be a 9 definitely, one of the best detailed maps I've ever played, replayability an 8? I played it I think once or twice due to the stock features and the fact it doesn't even have PAP. The revamp should be great though  ;)

Completely agree. Whether the detail looks out of place or not (personally I don't think it is), this map does not deserve to be 6/10!

Post by: haxman123 on May 26, 2014, 08:58:54 am
based on the way he does his scales, the level of detail should be like a 7, but not too high because its not a "mind blowing" scene. It looks like it belong in waw, unlike alot of recent maps. I consider that a compliment for his first map. And for the record, this map is what made me devote myself to become a mapper :)
this is my 3rd map i have made other maps like farm prototypw and farm verrukt it just because this waa my biggest project i released it on here as well as other sites
Post by: IHammY/ on May 26, 2014, 10:07:25 am
detail should be alot higher imo. I mean it looks like legit waw ... 
Post by: haxman123 on May 26, 2014, 11:42:05 am
Good review and dont worry in revamped version it will be more futureistic
Post by: DeletedUser on May 26, 2014, 10:39:15 pm
I really like the review you made some good points but 6 detail?  to me this was of the best looking maps ever and i too me that's not fair but haha nice review :D :D
Post by: timelordalex on May 27, 2014, 11:17:41 am
Good review and dont worry in revamped version it will be more futureistic

Farm Swamp 2025?
Post by: haxman123 on May 27, 2014, 11:38:59 am
Farm Swamp 2025?
Ill pm you a screenie of what i have so far :D
Post by: timelordalex on May 27, 2014, 11:47:03 am

arr thats what it was, looking good, reminds me a lil bit of TMG future - reckon your map will come out before that though
Post by: R34P312 on May 27, 2014, 08:01:36 pm

ooo send me one too please!.
Post by: boyscout100 on May 27, 2014, 11:21:58 pm
how do i download this map? :poker: :rainbow:
Post by: DeletedUser on May 28, 2014, 01:33:47 am
love the map review videos :D - but I would have to disagree with the level of detail being 6/10, i would give it a 9/10 but that is just my opinion.
Post by: R34P312 on May 28, 2014, 02:19:28 am
how do i download this map? :poker: :rainbow:
UGX map manager! http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?board=36 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?board=36)
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on June 10, 2014, 01:44:09 am
not to be a hypocrite or anything, but the Quick revive in world at war was not considered to be like in Black ops.
tryarch did not add an update or anything when WAW started. other custom maps include solo QR but few have a working one. others the zombies get to you with or without, basicly delaying your death by 10 seconds :fuuu:
Post by: MrDunlop4 on December 30, 2014, 12:13:13 pm
Map by:Haxman123

The map creator is c.h.n , not haxman123
Post by: Dust on December 30, 2014, 12:16:55 pm
The map creator is c.h.n , not haxman123

Fixed. Forgot to change it when we found out that c.h.n actually created the map, and haxman stole it to get credit for the map.