UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: nickst98 on September 05, 2012, 05:32:45 am

Title: some ideas i thought of that could be added to ugx.
Post by: nickst98 on September 05, 2012, 05:32:45 am
first of all no offense ment to anyone at ugx these are just plain ideas no insults.

heres a list of things i thought of.

-a map ideas section. like where you can post your ideas for maps if you cant use mod tools or they wont work or just have no idea how to use them.

-add a facebook and twitter link option to profiles. (like steam and xfire, ect).

-maybe add a section for console users who watch videos of custom maps but dont have a pc.

-add a section for other games like fallout or skyrim.
Title: Re: some ideas i thought of that could be added to ugx.
Post by: treminaor on September 05, 2012, 05:49:47 am
first of all no offense ment to anyone at ugx these are just plain ideas no insults.

heres a list of things i thought of.

-a map ideas section. like where you can post your ideas for maps if you cant use mod tools or they wont work or just have no idea how to use them.
Sounds like a good idea to me.

-add a facebook and twitter link option to profiles. (like steam and xfire, ect).
Twitter and Youtube would probably be widely appreciated... not sure about Facebook but let's see what others think.

-maybe add a section for console users who watch videos of custom maps but dont have a pc.
This seems pointless to me - that's what YouTube is for, why replicate it all here?

-add a section for other games like fallout or skyrim.
I would only want game sections for games we are currently working with.

Thanks for your suggestions, and feel free to post more  :cute:
Post by: nickst98 on September 05, 2012, 06:35:25 am
Sounds like a good idea to me.
Twitter and Youtube would probably be widely appreciated... not sure about Facebook but let's see what others think.
This seems pointless to me - that's what YouTube is for, why replicate it all here?
I would only want game sections for games we are currently working with.

Thanks for your suggestions, and feel free to post more  :cute:

np.
Post by: treminaor on September 05, 2012, 07:27:53 am
I've added profile fields for Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. You can enter your info by going to Profile->Forum Profile. Examples can be seen to the left of this post, above the standard email, msn, etc icons.
Post by: nickst98 on September 05, 2012, 07:36:51 am
I've added profile fields for Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. You can enter your info by going to Profile->Forum Profile. Examples can be seen to the left of this post, above the standard email, msn, etc icons.

cool
Post by: nickst98 on September 05, 2012, 11:27:17 pm
thought of another one. a status option, like if your on vacation you can put your status as on vacation or busy or taking a break, stuff like that.
Post by: treminaor on September 05, 2012, 11:34:57 pm
thought of another one. a status option, like if your on vacation you can put your status as on vacation or busy or taking a break, stuff like that.
Good stuff, keep those ideas coming!

I'll work on this when I get a chance - Won't be too hard.
Post by: nickst98 on September 05, 2012, 11:44:39 pm
Good stuff, keep those ideas coming!

I'll work on this when I get a chance - Won't be too hard.

btw im gonna send 5 bucks to you for ugx just gotta get it stamped and all that.
Post by: treminaor on September 05, 2012, 11:46:41 pm

btw im gonna send 5 bucks to you for ugx just gotta get it stamped and all that.
Oh awesome, I'll watch for it in the mail :)
Post by: Paragalor on September 06, 2012, 01:06:20 am
Just more options for people to effectively stalk me.  :poker:
Post by: nickst98 on September 06, 2012, 07:38:48 pm
maybe a project list where you can put projects and still have a signature?
Post by: nickst98 on October 07, 2012, 08:23:43 pm
A option to give negative respect. I don't find a point in respect I you can't give negative. But if someone give negative respect they must give a reason and before listen to account admins or mods review the reason.
Post by: treminaor on October 07, 2012, 08:41:19 pm
A option to give negative respect. I don't find a point in respect I you can't give negative. But if someone give negative respect they must give a reason and before listen to account admins or mods review the reason.
I think it roots back to the old saying "If you can't say something nice, don't say something at all" - negative karma is easily abused and i dont think the moderators/admins have a high interest in moderating negative karma
Post by: nickst98 on October 07, 2012, 08:42:11 pm
I think it roots back to the old saying "If you can't say something nice, don't say something at all" - negative karma is easily abused and i dont think the moderators/admins have a high interest in moderating negative karma

Good point
Post by: daedra descent on October 08, 2012, 06:00:07 pm
Changing the name of Donations into something like VIP. Donations are done out of someones good will (doing something without getting anything in return) to something like VIP because you are getting somerthing in return (Example donation status, red names, ETC).
Post by: daedra descent on October 08, 2012, 06:03:58 pm
Just more options for people to effectively stalk me.  :poker:
don't give them reasons to stlalk you.
Post by: treminaor on October 08, 2012, 07:54:05 pm
Changing the name of Donations into something like VIP. Donations are done out of someones good will (doing something without getting anything in return) to something like VIP because you are getting somerthing in return (Example donation status, red names, ETC).
I think you need to read this (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=347). Specifically, the bold orange.
Post by: daedra descent on October 09, 2012, 01:46:32 pm
money for a map or modification.

it's neither of those, but i get the idea.

Post by: nickst98 on October 09, 2012, 04:18:18 pm
A option to make your own background?
Post by: nickst98 on October 30, 2012, 07:23:13 pm
Could add more ranks and add a section on home screen for maps separate from tools
Post by: treminaor on October 30, 2012, 08:57:12 pm
Could add more ranks and add a section on home screen for maps separate from tools
The current ranks are somewhat based on Italian Syndicate ranks - if you could provide a better list of ranks I'll consider changing them.

A option to make your own background?
I'd like to keep the background under our control because we plan to change it every time we start a new project (it will change to a Bar v2.0 background soon).
Post by: nickst98 on October 30, 2012, 09:47:13 pm
Maybe 750 posts ugx extreme
Post by: daedra descent on October 31, 2012, 05:28:50 pm
a place on the profile tab for computer information
Post by: nickst98 on December 18, 2012, 06:19:20 am
like button for posts
Post by: SajeOne on December 18, 2012, 08:40:56 am
like button for posts
lets not turn this site into ZM now.
Post by: Earth on December 18, 2012, 08:46:31 am
lets not turn this site into ZM now.
lol grow up saje.
Post by: SajeOne on December 20, 2012, 05:37:18 am
lol grow up saje.
lol well why you think I switched sites?
Post by: Earth on December 20, 2012, 06:20:54 am
lol well why you think I switched sites?
No offense, I honestly couldn't care less why you do anything you do. I'm just telling you the same thing I tell the few others at zm who are still in your state of mind, which is to put all the crap in the past and stop talking crap about each other. I mean really saje, you wouldn't like a voting option JUST because zm has it? Facebook has had this option for 8 years and TMG had this before ZM. I'm sure Nick wasn't even thinking about ZM when he suggested it.
Post by: treminaor on December 20, 2012, 06:39:43 am
Regardless of what site has what and when, I think post "likes" are pointless because people just like posts which agree with their opinion and dislike ones that don't. It just adds clutter and child's play to a site.
Post by: SajeOne on December 20, 2012, 08:06:11 am
No offense, I honestly couldn't care less why you do anything you do. I'm just telling you the same thing I tell the few others at zm who are still in your state of mind, which is to put all the crap in the past and stop talking crap about each other. I mean really saje, you wouldn't like a voting option JUST because zm has it? Facebook has had this option for 8 years and TMG had this before ZM. I'm sure Nick wasn't even thinking about ZM when he suggested it.
I didn't say what I said just because of the logic of "ZM has already done this", that's great that TMG and facebook has the option, good for them. The main reason is people are just gonna dislike posts without reasons and I would rather someone actually give their two cents on something then it just be dulled down to "Like" or "Dislike". I am in no state of mind, I just do not like the fact that we are treated as outcasts on ZM. people can say anything they like about UGX but as soon as it goes the other way around we are "immature". that's all I have to say about it, I will not be commenting on it any further.