UGX-Mods

Everything Else => Computer Tech => Topic started by: nickst98 on April 18, 2014, 12:35:32 am

Title: looking for a ups for my pc
Post by: nickst98 on April 18, 2014, 12:35:32 am
I'm looking for a UPS backup battery for my PC

specs

corsair cx500

8gb ram

and radeon HD 7870

amd fx8320
three fans plus heat sink fan

need at least two or three minutes of backup power, thanks
Title: Re: looking for a ups for my pc
Post by: treminaor on April 18, 2014, 12:56:47 am
I've never had any luck with these, they go bad before you ever even need to use them and then all they do is turn off within a couple seconds of losing power. And then they fucking beep every few seconds until you unplug them -_-
Post by: nickst98 on April 18, 2014, 01:09:52 am
I've never had any luck with these, they go bad before you ever even need to use them and then all they do is turn off within a couple seconds of losing power. And then they fucking beep every few seconds until you unplug them -_-

shit, well I need something or I'm skrewed, in Alaska during spring and fall the power goes out at least twice a week for seconds to hours at a time
Post by: treminaor on April 18, 2014, 01:10:36 am
shit, well I need something or I'm skrewed, in Alaska during spring and fall the power goes out at least twice a week for seconds to hours at a time
Have you considered switching to your own generator or getting solar?
Post by: MistaC4 on April 18, 2014, 01:12:17 am
I was about to say that trem lol but if he had a generator he would have to switch it on and his power would go out and his pc would die
Post by: nickst98 on April 18, 2014, 01:13:30 am
Have you considered switching to your own generator or getting solar?

we have a backup generator that runs on natural gas, and our neighborhood has a covenant ( not sure if I spelled that right) so no solar panels or sticktly generators, the backup generator does not cover my room and it takes a minute to start up
Post by: treminaor on April 18, 2014, 01:16:34 am
we have a backup generator that runs on natural gas, and our neighborhood has a covenant ( not sure if I spelled that right) so no solar panels or sticktly generators, the backup generator does not cover my room and it takes a minute to start up
You're kidding, right? Your neighborhood doesn't allow you to install solar panels? What are they going to do about it if you do?

And I don't know a lot about using a generator for home power but does anyone use them all day as their primary power source? i.e. leaving the power grid and using your generator(s) to provide power to your entire house?
Post by: nickst98 on April 18, 2014, 01:19:48 am
You're kidding, right? Your neighborhood doesn't allow you to install solar panels? What are they going to do about it if you do?

And I don't know a lot about using a generator for home power but does anyone use them all day as their primary power source? i.e. leaving the power grid and using your generator(s) to provide power to your entire house?

the fine for breaking the rule depends on the size of the object a solar panel would probably go around $5000 and we would have to take it down or they will
Post by: treminaor on April 18, 2014, 01:21:32 am
the fine for breaking the rule depends on the size of the object a solar panel would probably go around $5000 and we would have to take it down or they will
Your family must have signed a contract with an HOA then because that sounds like HOA bullshit. Anyway if youre looking to buy 20 seconds to shut off your PC before losing data then I guess hit Google up and see if you can find some reviews... maybe I just bought a lemon or something.