UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: nabaro on April 06, 2014, 03:53:43 pm

Title: Miscellaneous Questions
Post by: nabaro on April 06, 2014, 03:53:43 pm
A few questions I encountered today while scripting. 1: How does one go about turning a perk machine "off"? 2: I am quite aware of the
Code Snippet
Plaintext
waittill("trigger")
function, but is there a way to test "if" a trigger has been activated rather than making the script wait for a trigger? 3. What are the KVPs that distinguish different Pandora's Boxes (ex. how the first and third locations are different KVP-wise)? Thanks in advance!
Title: Re: Miscellaneous Questions
Post by: YaPh1l on April 06, 2014, 05:44:56 pm
1: How does one go about turning a perk machine "off"?
You script it. Stock scripts provide no functionality for that.

2: I am quite aware of the
Code Snippet
Plaintext
waittill("trigger")
function, but is there a way to test "if" a trigger has been activated rather than making the script wait for a trigger?
What are you trying to do exactly?

3. What are the KVPs that distinguish different Pandora's Boxes (ex. how the first and third locations are different KVP-wise)?
Open Sniperbolt's prefabs and look. I think it's the script_noteworthy, but I haven't checked.

- Phil.
Post by: nabaro on April 06, 2014, 07:39:03 pm
1. Okay, I'll do my best  :)
2. My script has a loop where it is supposed to check if a trigger has been activated, and if it has, it will do one thing, and if it hasn't, it will do another.
3. Okay, will do.
Post by: YaPh1l on April 06, 2014, 07:56:23 pm
Simply use two functions. One waits for the trigger, the other for a timeout, or something similar, depending on what you need.

- Phil.