UGX-Mods

UGX-Mods => Announcements => Topic started by: Delta on August 22, 2022, 06:00:45 pm

Title: UGX-Mods Delta's 10 year anniversary + Contest
Post by: Delta on August 22, 2022, 06:00:45 pm
So it has been exactly 10 years since I registered on UGX-Mods. In September 2012 I joined the team officially. I thought it was time to celebrate my 10 years anniversary and throw in one nostalgic gem I wrote for UGX-Mods a long time ago. And to round it up, I’ll throw in some steam gift cards which you can win (more information below).

So, let’s start with some history.
I was modding for World at War and wanted to join the best modding team. I was working on an ambitious project (which in the end was discontinued due to engine limits). Nevertheless with UGX-Mods I could do much more than “just” modding. I’m a generalist and a good web developer (I do this as a living btw). Over the last 10 years I could extend my knowledge in so many areas thanks to UGX and of course the awesome UGX-Mods community!

Without UGX and you - the community - I wouldn’t have been able to accomplish this all. I went from PHP5, JavaScript, HTML4 and CSS2 into a Full-Stack developer who is fluid in HTML5, CSS3 (and SCSS), JavaScript / TypeScript, PHP+7. I even learned and mastered C++ thanks to UGX-Mods (but that is for another time). I learned a lot about linux servers. I did all of this before UGX, but with UGX I could keep working on it with a large user base and learn just sooo much.

Again, I can’t thank all of you enough for your support, kind words and simply staying with us.

UGX Chat *nostalgic version*

To celebrate this anniversary I’ll revive the UGX Chat. You can enther it through this link: https://www.ugx-mods.com/chat/ (https://www.ugx-mods.com/chat/)
It’s a nostalgic version with a few fixes and improvements, but it has all the quirks and features you love and hate.
I have no idea how well it goes and how long I will keep it up and running, but just for the good old times it’s worth it. :)

CONTEST: 20€ Steam Gift Cards (over!)

Winners:

@johndoe , @djluvorng , @RealVenomModz , @John_Banana and @cpt_johnson1

Congratulations! :partying_face:
  ​ I also want to give something back and we haven’t had a contest in a while.I’ll throw in 5x20€ Steam Gift Cards. What do you need to do to win one of those cards? The winners will be picked randomly once the event ends (28 Aug 2022 - 8 PM UTC+2).They must meet all requirements.Winners will be excluded if any harmful, disrespectful or other content was posted which is against our rules.Winners will be contacted via Discord / UGX-Mods pm system (in case Discord doesn't work). If the winner doesn’t respond within 48 hours another one will be randomly picked.UGX Staff members are excluded from this contest as well as users who registered after 27 Aug 2022)  
Title: Re: UGX-Mods Delta's 10 year anniversary + Contest
Post by: galal mehrez on August 22, 2022, 06:07:39 pm
The reason I joined ugx is cuz of the amazing mods/maps that were here for waw and bo1 zombies,I had a really weak pc at the time so I couldn't play much or play bo3 custom zombies,so ugx filled me with join with the very large amount of mods/maps there were for waw
Post by: SPi on August 22, 2022, 06:12:10 pm
It must have been 2014 or 2015 when I first joined UGX so I can meet fellow COD modders and discuss mods. I can say it was a better time. Good old days... I've met lots of people who stood by me when I needed help. And I met people who I could help myself. Lot's of good, and less than good xD memories. It's all part of the experience. Peace!
Post by: cpt_johnson1 on August 22, 2022, 06:12:32 pm
Hello :) I joined ugx in 2018 (late, I know lol) because I wanted to start making maps for cod waw. I instantly fell in love with this site because of the helpful and (mostly) friendly community. This site has greatly helped me get better at mapping/modding. I am glad to be apart of this community :coolsmiley:
Post by: Numan on August 22, 2022, 06:14:33 pm
Gratz man. Joined UGX back in 2013 when the teamspeak was still active and discord wasn't even a thing yet. Feels like a while ago. Took a large break but been back for a few years now and was welcomed back to new faces. Place had seemingly only gotten friendlier. Now that UGX chat is back we demand the red theme is returned.

Cheers for keeping it running for almost a decade even when others had practically given in to boredom. Getting all soppy over here now.

UGX 9/10 - Best source for original boxmaps and unique 4 walls, ceiling and a floor.
Post by: chasr34 on August 22, 2022, 06:15:02 pm
when i got waw i was instantly into zombies, and as soon as i figured out how to mod stuff, i joined this quite great community who has both helped me and ive tried helping back, even though i havent worked on my map in months at this point (and plan to finish it eventually lmao), still glad to be part of this great community, and glad i found out about it, here to another 10 years of this great modding community
Post by: johndoe on August 22, 2022, 06:29:43 pm
I remember that dreaded midnight when I first came here while trying to fix a map I was trying to compile. I was so surprised how friendly the community was and I was also amazed by what can be done with the power of modding. Modding Call of Duty opened my mind in a lot of ways and it gave me the motivation to improve my skills in programming and gamedev, and I also made a lot of good friends thanks to it, so it wouldn't be an understatement to say that joining UGX is an important turning point in my life. I'd like to thank everyone on this site who helped me improve myself and grow as a person. I hope UGX will bring about more cool things in the future and I'm looking forward to contributing to it when that happens :)
Post by: NGcaudle on August 22, 2022, 06:30:22 pm
I remember joining UGX bakc in 2014 and I just need to say THANK YOU! UGX has been a major part of my life for the past 8 years and it truly is my passion to make custom maps for Call Of Duty Zombies. The Members and Fourms have been incrediable useful and understanding over the years and it's great to have a site that still gets a wide variety for maps posted to the site constantly.

Also thanks for bringing the UGX Chat back it is going to be very enjoyable to enter back to where this journey all begun.

Keep up the good work I will diffenetly be hanging around much longer.

- NGcaudle AKA Billy Herrington <3
Post by: djluvorng on August 22, 2022, 06:39:50 pm
I joined in 2013 it seems. I was just a kid when I made this account. I have always liked picking things apart and seeing how they work (even if I couldn't figure it out xD). WaW was the first game I knew had modding support. I had no idea what a script was or how to code. All I cared about was making a map. Slowly I came to realise you can only go so far with stock assets and community addons. I "released" a lot of "maps" in that time. Never anything remotely good, however. I kind of got in a bad place for a while after that. All is good now and I am really getting into scripting again so I'll be around. Off the top of my head, I don't like you can't change your name on the site.

Post by: gympie6 on August 22, 2022, 06:48:08 pm
Congratulations! Yeah it was a very long time ago I joined UGX. It seems it was in 2013! :)
Its very cool it's still standing. UGX-MODS won the lastman standing contest against CustomCod, MODME and Zombiemodding.
I want to thank you very much for all the effort and time you put keeping the site alive!
The forum, topics and the UGX Discord community is what kept me going releasing new stuff.
Without this website, COD-WAW could become an over and over Nacht der Untoten style experience.
The UGX-Standalone, WeaponEditor, Custom launcher, Scriptplacer, all very good applications that can reduce the time creating a custom map.

Thank you again Delta for everything and I wish you a very nice anniversary!

Post by: tomikaze on August 23, 2022, 01:43:58 am
The year was 2012 and I was super broke. I needed a hobby to take my mind off of my recent layoff from McDonalds and the fact that my mom was going to be demanding rent soon. I was smoking the cigarette filters that people would toss out their car windows and I was drinking out of discarded glass 40s that homeless people would piss in, because...well, that's where I was at in life. After visiting, and immediatly leaving zombiemodding.com because of airborn aids, I found UGX and could tell right away that this place was different. Trem was the MAN! and the way these guys were able to keep the conversations fun without being disrespectful was really great to see. The contributions these guys made to WAW zombies with the UGX Mod was amazing! I am very happy that UGX is still around and like some of these other fine gentlemen have said, will be excited to see what the future holds.
Post by: treminaor on August 23, 2022, 08:13:16 am
I just wanted to drop a comment saying I was happy to read about everyone's memories and experiences for UGX-Mods so far in this thread. I look back on my time in this community very fondly and I miss everyone I used to talk to regularly. Hope everyone is doing well and I'm happy we are still here to provide a space for people to discuss & release maps and mods for COD.

Here's to 10 years with one of the best and smartest people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. If it weren't for Delta, UGX-Mods probably wouldn't be online anymore :)
Post by: Yee_21 on August 23, 2022, 08:28:12 am
Congratulations, I have not been here for a long time but you have 10 Years.
I just started playing costume zombies last week and I instantly loved UGX, The hundred of thousands of maps, and the active and friendly community.

But I am pretty late to the party.

So one more time congratulations.:)
Post by: MaxCarnage696 on August 23, 2022, 06:45:27 pm
Congrats on 10 years Man! I've been revisiting the site since 2015 constantly looking for new maps to play with friends.

Things like DayZ and Especially Custom Zombies were what pushed me to get a Gaming PC back in 2013. I used a Dell Optiplex 745 with a HD 6670 to play Zombies back in the day and it got me by.  Myself and some friends had to use cracked copies and Tunngle at the time as we were only kids at the time and we had no money ( And yes, I did purchase it on Steam eventually :D ).

UGX was a massive part of the Custom Zombies Experience for finding new maps, and even just chatting to the creators of maps was always great weather it was either criticism/suggestions, or just complementing the creators on how much I enjoyed their maps . The Hype I had for some maps on this page ( Like Raganrok and Malibu Drive for Example )  has yet to beaten by other games honestly.

Thanks to the people who still keep this site going. It still fills me with massive nostalgia whenever I open up this page again.
Post by: smasher248 on August 23, 2022, 09:10:01 pm
I joined in 2013 to publish my Asylum map, had no idea there was actuallty a community, I thought it was just a publishing site for maps lol. Had a lot of good times over the years
Post by: Gunoftruth on August 23, 2022, 10:16:45 pm
I joined UGX in 2012 as someone who came on here to just download maps. Late 2012/2013 I started making my own maps... who would of thought 10 years later id still be doing it? What I loved about UGX and miss the most of the WAW custom zombies days were the sense of community we had on here. I met so many people and made so many friends (and the old me enemies lol) over the years. All the years of talking in the chat, the mapping contests and just enjoying the waw custom zombies experience that you guys provided. Thanks UGX!

~ Andy "Gunoftruth"
Post by: JayJiveCertified on August 23, 2022, 11:47:58 pm
I joined the day before my 16th birthday in 2019 cuz I had just gotten World at War and I was like "ay, cool maps bro". BUT THEN, I was like "what if I made my OWN maps :cheesy:" And so, I started watching vids on YouTube and I was "WHERE DO THEY GET ALL THESE COOL PERKS AND STUFF???"... And then... The Heavens opened up... The answer had been in front of my face. The. Whole. TIME. And now I've been using UGX for years for perks, models, guns, and other lit stuff that people have huge enough brains to port to this fossil of a game (shoutout those guys). So, yeah UGX is kinda my mainstay for getting stuff like that and also for all of the amazing tutorials that have helped me learn how to code for myself. Also, the UGX community has been a great source of assistance as people have helped me along my mapping journey (most of these people I have given weapons in my map "Hypothesis" so you should go check it out :thumbsup-smiley:)... (jk don't go check that map out it's broken af just wait for Retrograde to come out lol). So yeah, UGX is a fantastic place and Delta is a fantastic dev so shoutout dude! Thanks for 10 great years!
Post by: RealVenomModz on August 24, 2022, 12:42:18 am
Even though I'm still fresh in UGX-Mods, I was very aware of the scene back a few years ago in 2015 when I first started watching TheRelaxingEnd and VanossGaming playing custom maps having a good time (Ahh, good days)

I really loved the people around the community when I first joined. Made some friends, and honestly, we had a lot of fun in the voice chats. They taught me a few things that I didn't know. I remember when NG dragged me from my server into UGX-Mods so we can all mess around. :P

I would like to see more in UGX-Mods in regards to Black Ops 1 and World at War, considering one of these games are past their mod tools prime, its safe to say, that some people have forgotten about where they came from in regards to how they started modding back then.

UGX-Mods is the place where I learned by looking up most of the forum topics for World at War, and have applied some techniques to Black Ops 1, and I hope to see this site still up for the years to come.

We as a community, thank you a lot, Delta. You, and everyone else, are the real OGs of the site. :muscle:
Post by: John_Banana on August 25, 2022, 05:35:34 am
I joined in 2016 so I could get past the hidden link restriction :sunglass-smiley: which I think used to be a thing idk, but then I started modding in 2020 during the pandemic because it seemed like a fun idea. Had 0 coding experience,  luckily Cristian from the discord (not active anymore) helped me get started, and then I met many other amazing people who helped me and worked with me, Numan, Phil, Jayden, Gympie, etc. Now after all that help and taking a coding class I can finally work on my projects without spamming modding-help every day :thumbsup-smiley:

Like Venom said some of us would love to keep Bo1 and WaW modding alive. Once in a while I'll use the forum search to find old posts for various errors/common features, very happy that it's all still online to use as a resource. I hope to keep my series of mods going for WaW, thanks Delta for keeping UGX alive
Post by: Tetration on August 26, 2022, 09:31:23 am
I joined in 2015 as I was interested the many amazing maps that I could access from this site. After a few years of inactivity, I decided I wanted to try my hand at modding and this forum proved very useful for solving nearly every problem I encountered during the modding process. This site makes it possible for people to more easily channel their creativity through this extremely niche medium by bypassing the headaches of the many problems solved in the forums. It is truly amazing what a group of passionate gamers can accomplish through collaboration and pooling knowledge.
Post by: LIGHTNING on August 28, 2022, 05:47:44 pm
I joined  and discovered ugx mods around 2013 after from zombiemodding, to look for more custom zombie maps that i've never seen or played before. I did have an account back then with a different name, but the account was not active, so i recreated an account again  in 2015. Anyway this place and the community is friendy. Amazing mappers/modders/ scripters helping each other out together with cod waw modding to make maps, script, and give other tutorial tips to help new people make custom maps for this game and also people looking for other people to play custom zombie maps with each other to keep this website alive too.

I want to say thank u Delta for reviving  ugx chat back, that i remembered the nostalgia of it back in the day and  helping on the ugx mods website with Treminaor all these years of hard work and also  bringing new people into the ugx community with lots of joy over the years. Both u and Treminaor are cool and amazing, talented, outstanding programmers

Treminaor the founder of ugx mods, thx for creating the website and without him it wouldnt exist and all of us would be on different custom zombie map websites, dont also forget bout the rest of the ugx mods team that were apart of it too, that were here formerly, such as W1NG3D, CoDMapper, Cold, SajeOne, and Mr. Slagovich. Those guys were here before and left back in the day, we will all miss them  tremendously. Never forgotton and always will be remembered that helped with the website too and being with the ugx team with Treminaor and Delta, u are all amazing people.

Other former Mappers/Modders/scripters like Hitmanvere, AmazingPieman, Redspace200, HexZombies, Death_Reaper, Chromastone10, Bluntstuffy, Xjimmy33, Offthewall, RollonMath42, TomBMX etc and other amazing cod waw modders that were here before  created really cool maps and mods back in the day, so i thank them too. They moved on and will be all missed tremendously. Never forgotten and always be remembered as well too

so yea thx for everything Treminaor, Delta, and the rest of the ugx mods team that helped created and helped with the ugx mods website together +  the nostalgia of the  mappers/modders/scripters that were all here formerly too that we all missed , true dedication, hard working, and also everybody here is  phenomenal overall

Happy 10 year anniversary  Delta

P.S   Lets keep ugx mods alive as much as possible till the end, we will never ever forget bout this cool phenomenal place
Post by: Ahvay on August 29, 2022, 06:02:33 pm
I think I joined these forums...3 - 4 years ago? I'm not quite sure when I joined but I do remember coming over to UGX because UGX had a better layout than other websites I'm talking directly to you Zombie Modding ;).  + UGX kept up maintainence with broken zombie map files LOL. I believe there was a time where UGX also didn't require a account for downloading files, which was another reason why I didn't join officially alot sooner.

Man big shout outs to UGX, to all the modders and scripters. The community here is just crazy. I've known some of you for YEARS like we've all grown up together in a way. I must say this community helped me get over my mothers passing in a way, getting busy with the boys and killing zombies, creating shitty YouTube content and having these people by your side helped quite a bit. So, I can't help but thank all of you <3

Special Mentions:

Gympie; My boy I'm still rocking the VICE
Lightning; Brother on the other side of the world
NG; Memist dankist modder
Chasr34; Don't come to school tomorrow (I had to)
CptJohnson; Detail my maps.com
BEAR; Maps make me sweat
MidgetBlaster; Hair you could die for
Cristian; Doing shit others wouldn't dare think of
Delta; For changing my UGX Password
Numan; Helping me mod my own maps

Many many others, but just to name a few peeps.

Thanks to all who keep this website alive, to the founders and moderators.

Happy 10 Years UGX community!
Post by: SouLxInsanityx on November 15, 2022, 02:11:14 am
Congrats on the 10 years! This forum and custom maps are why I built a PC in the first place back in 2015. Loved UGX then and now and I hope to see more things to come!