UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: daedra descent on August 18, 2012, 10:48:42 pm

Title: leaked bsp?
Post by: daedra descent on August 18, 2012, 10:48:42 pm
----------------------
27018 files in iwd files
Loading map file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_battle.map
******* leaked *******

================================

WROTE BSP LEAKFILE: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_battle.lin

================================

ERROR: Map must have at least one visible non-sky surface

does anyone know why i'm getting this error all of a sudden? i NEVER have had this much problem with compiling before, so idk.
Title: Re: leaked bsp?
Post by: CoDMapper on August 18, 2012, 11:12:52 pm
First it looks like you don't have a closed skybox, make a hollow box around your whole map with all faces caulk except the inside brushes, which will be any sky texture you want. Also you don't have any structural brushes that have an in-game visible texture like bricks, plaster, etc.
Post by: daedra descent on August 18, 2012, 11:14:30 pm
First it looks like you don't have a closed skybox, make a hollow box around your whole map with all faces caulk except the inside brushes, which will be any sky texture you want. Also you don't have any structural brushes that have an in-game visible texture like bricks, plaster, etc.

i have both actually. kind of busy atm to post screenshots, but all of my map(s) have lightgrid, AND textures.
Post by: CoDMapper on August 18, 2012, 11:18:51 pm
Very wierd, and you're positive you have the right map/mod selected, no lead in your skybox, etc. Also I would just redo your skybox to make sure.
Post by: daedra descent on August 18, 2012, 11:21:52 pm
(http://i49.tinypic.com/209n04o.jpg)

(http://i50.tinypic.com/166angn.jpg)

the funny thing is, this is happening to EVERY MAP i have made today, with skybox's pathnodes etc.
Post by: daedra descent on August 18, 2012, 11:58:40 pm
FIXED, no one explained to me that you can't any texture you want and expect it to work.  :nyan:
Post by: zNiiC on August 19, 2012, 01:16:58 am
Without anything selected, press n and give it a kvp of

"skyboxmodel"

"skybox_SKYBOXNAME"

You can google cod5 skyboxes to get a list of all of them.