UGX-Mods

Everything Else => Computer Tech => Topic started by: daedra descent on March 16, 2014, 01:19:20 am

Title: USB port issue/PS3 gamepade not working
Post by: daedra descent on March 16, 2014, 01:19:20 am
For whatever reason i can no longer get me PS3 controller to work with my computer. I plug it in and in device manager this shows up:

(http://i.gyazo.com/5d7bcad37704959ba5fdcef5eb676642.png)

I've tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting the computer and try again, but it still doesn't work.

This isn't the only device that i've plugged into my computer that doesn't work either, i've tried plugging in a wireless mouse into one of the four top USB ports(It has like 10 USB ports), and that didn't work right either.

Would anyone here know how to fix these issues?
Title: Re: USB port issue/PS3 gamepade not working
Post by: treminaor on March 16, 2014, 02:10:02 am
You might try to be consistent with the ports you use for each device - some drivers are only installed for the initial ports they were installed to. I have an issue where my X360 controller only works in the first port I ever plugged it into.
Post by: daedra descent on March 16, 2014, 03:03:36 am
You might try to be consistent with the ports you use for each device - some drivers are only installed for the initial ports they were installed to. I have an issue where my X360 controller only works in the first port I ever plugged it into.

Even when i plug the controller into the slot that i originally had it on it still shows up as "Unknown Device". For whatever reason, whenever i take the controller out a third device is added and displayed as "Uknown device".

Post by: treminaor on March 16, 2014, 03:29:02 am
Even when i plug the controller into the slot that i originally had it on it still shows up as "Unknown Device". For whatever reason, whenever i take the controller out a third device is added and displayed as "Uknown device".
Sounds like some driver conflicts. I would suggest doing a clean uninstall of all MotionJoy drivers and any other controller-related software and start fresh.