UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: geh233 on August 15, 2012, 05:51:11 am

Title: Help Me!
Post by: geh233 on August 15, 2012, 05:51:11 am
Hello, i'm making a really cool 40's police singleplayer mission. i want my guy to start with a .357 Magnum and a Trenchgun. How do i do that? And also when i tested the map,  there was no sound. How do i get sound in my map?

thanks!,
                 geh233
Title: Re: Help Me!
Post by: treminaor on August 15, 2012, 06:24:56 am
To change the starting loadout, you add _loadout.gsc to your mod's map folder and edit the file. It's pretty straightforward if you can read script - reply if you need help.

As far as the sound problems, are you missing all sound or just weapon sounds?
Post by: geh233 on August 15, 2012, 06:35:22 am
To change the starting loadout, you add _loadout.gsc to your mod's map folder and edit the file. It's pretty straightforward if you can read script - reply if you need help.

As far as the sound problems, are you missing all sound or just weapon sounds?
im missing all sounds and with the mod thing, should i just create a new mod or do i have to get one off the internet?
Post by: treminaor on August 15, 2012, 06:48:26 am
im missing all sounds and with the mod thing, should i just create a new mod or do i have to get one off the internet?
Of course you need to make your own mod folder if you plan to make a Singleplayer mission. I suggest you go over the basics and also start with a standard zombie map before starting on such an advanced project.

http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=Setting_up_a_new_map

Post by: daedra descent on August 15, 2012, 07:00:08 am
i'm surprised that UGX doesn't have its own version of script placer.
Post by: treminaor on August 15, 2012, 07:11:47 am
i'm surprised that UGX doesn't have its own version of script placer.
It's pretty unnecessary when it takes 3 minutes to set up a new map - I'll ask Aidan if he's interested in it at all.
Post by: daedra descent on August 15, 2012, 07:14:17 am
It's pretty unnecessary when it takes 3 minutes to set up a new map - I'll ask Aidan if he's interested in it at all.

LOL, three minutes that i could use to make a map better :)
Post by: nickst98 on August 15, 2012, 07:51:26 am
i agree ugx should have a script placer. bring in users and help noobs like me lol  :D
Post by: Aidan on August 15, 2012, 08:11:10 pm
i agree ugx should have a script placer. bring in users and help noobs like me lol  :D

I have made one already, and it includes things like automatically putting in a loadscreen and anti-cheats. But I'm not sure if I'm going to release it, as it is part of a bigger project that I was working on that ended up being a waist of time IMO. I might do it though.
Post by: OnlineX420 on August 15, 2012, 09:24:55 pm
I have made one already, and it includes things like automatically putting in a loadscreen and anti-cheats. But I'm not sure if I'm going to release it, as it is part of a bigger project that I was working on that ended up being a waist of time IMO. I might do it though.

i would use it :D
Post by: treminaor on August 15, 2012, 10:34:33 pm
i would use it :D
Aidan's going to go ahead and extract the script placer part of the larger project he was working on. It will take some time to extract and I think there's a few things he needs to finish on it, but it shouldn't take a terrible amount of time to release I would imagine.
Post by: daedra descent on August 15, 2012, 11:08:47 pm
sound's good. all i ask is that it works.
Post by: geh233 on August 16, 2012, 05:45:27 pm
Of course you need to make your own mod folder if you plan to make a Singleplayer mission. I suggest you go over the basics and also start with a standard zombie map before starting on such an advanced project.

http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=Setting_up_a_new_map
thank you soooo much!!!!
Post by: geh233 on August 16, 2012, 08:39:22 pm
wait it said compile error couldnt find tesla  :-[ now what?
Post by: daedra descent on August 16, 2012, 09:11:40 pm
go to root/raw/maps and scroll down to find the _zombiemode.gsc files. one of them is telsa, but for good measures, copy and paste all of the _zombiemode.gsc files into root/mods/mapname/map.
Post by: geh233 on August 16, 2012, 10:07:55 pm
go to root/raw/maps and scroll down to find the _zombiemode.gsc files. one of them is telsa, but for good measures, copy and paste all of the _zombiemode.gsc files into root/mods/mapname/map.
yessir!
Post by: daedra descent on August 16, 2012, 10:38:24 pm
after that, go to your mod builder slect your maps name and then click the things that relate to your map, such as _zombiemode_dogs and other things that are needed for der reise style map.
Post by: KDXDARK on August 17, 2012, 12:34:48 am
 :please:
Post by: geh233 on August 17, 2012, 03:23:20 am
its says error 2063  :-[
Post by: daedra descent on August 17, 2012, 03:56:23 am
its says error 2063  :-[

no clue. this is why script placer is needed.
Post by: geh233 on August 17, 2012, 04:14:33 am
okay nothing i do works. i made a mod and all that shit and now errors are popping up.. can someone just script my map please!! i need it fast too!!
Post by: daedra descent on August 17, 2012, 07:32:43 am
unless you want to use a ZM nooby program then i would just wait.

OR you could give the map to me (providing that its not too large) with the scripts you want to use, and ill compile it for you :).
Post by: geh233 on August 17, 2012, 05:22:54 pm
idk..  there are people that are gonna put custom guns in it..
Post by: daedra descent on August 17, 2012, 08:58:07 pm
idk..  there are people that are gonna put custom guns in it..

the first step to making a map is making the basic layout, and making sure it works right. anything after that is extra work and is not needed.
Post by: geh233 on August 17, 2012, 11:05:37 pm
alright. :accepted: but if i give you the map but you gotta script it. ill give you credit of course! the script just needs to be normal stuff and possibly (if you could) an extremely fast rapid fire  raygun called "The G.E.H" :)