UGX-Mods

UGX-Mods => Announcements => Topic started by: treminaor on February 23, 2014, 07:08:56 pm

Title: Hitmarkers, New Zombies, Xbox 360 Controller Support in UGX Mod v1.1!
Post by: treminaor on February 23, 2014, 07:08:56 pm
Hitmarkers, New Zombies, Xbox 360 Controller Support in UGX Mod v1.1! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU6nVDzP1uU#ws)
Title: Re: Hitmarkers, New Zombies, Xbox 360 Controller Support in UGX Mod v1.1!
Post by: Psy0ch on February 23, 2014, 07:17:28 pm
YES!!!
SOON *-*
Title: Re: Hitmarkers, New Zombies, Xbox 360 Controller Support in UGX Mod v1.1!
Post by: KDXDARK on February 23, 2014, 08:01:55 pm
YAY!!! i hope this come out before april(school) :)
Post by: daedra descent on February 23, 2014, 08:04:55 pm
Speaking of controllers, how difficult would it be to set up a PS3 controller? Do the menu controls for game pads work with it aswell?
Post by: treminaor on February 23, 2014, 08:06:27 pm
Speaking of controllers, how difficult would it be to set up a PS3 controller? Do the menu controls for game pads work with it aswell?
I don't have one to test with but as long as the controller is recognized by WaW as an input device it should work fine.
Post by: iBarnett on February 23, 2014, 08:49:34 pm
I find it quite something else that you added 360 support. Never knew that so many people play p.c. with controllers that you would actually implement it into your mod!! crazy!! Learn something new everyday I guess. But none the less I cant wait to see maps coming out with the 1.1 mod. getting pretty excited
Post by: treminaor on February 23, 2014, 09:00:27 pm
I find it quite something else that you added 360 support. Never knew that so many people play p.c. with controllers that you would actually implement it into your mod!! crazy!! Learn something new everyday I guess. But none the less I cant wait to see maps coming out with the 1.1 mod. getting pretty excited
A lot of our fans come straight from consoles and want the console experience but with custom maps - so I guess that explains most of them. Others just prefer controllers over kb+mouse in general.
Post by: Ege115 on February 23, 2014, 09:08:30 pm
How will my map come in to the manager with all the stuff this mod has? XD

Because I have lots, lots of images so my map has many MB becuase of that. Plus I am planning on implimenting this awesome mod!

Good work UGX!  :)
Post by: johndoe on February 23, 2014, 09:12:56 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/9NDpGlC.png)

but... how about the new zombies? am i too daft or there are actually new zombies in the video?
Post by: treminaor on February 23, 2014, 09:16:11 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/9NDpGlC.png)

but... how about the new zombies? am i too daft or there are actually new zombies in the video?
They are in the video but I didn't spend any time specifically showcasing them.

There are 5 types of zombie models in the game now, 4 of which have 2 head variations and one of which has 2 body variations.
Post by: DeletedUser on February 23, 2014, 09:23:37 pm
That is one of the coolest thing for WAW
Post by: johndoe on February 23, 2014, 09:24:41 pm
They are in the video but I didn't spend any time specifically showcasing them.

There are 5 types of zombie models in the game now, 4 of which have 2 head variations and one of which has 2 body variations.
well i probably need to see a doctor then :D can't wait to get my hands on the mod trem. i really appreciate what you all guys are doing :)
Post by: Safetrance on February 24, 2014, 03:22:23 pm
Good video Trem, the mod is powerful!
Post by: DeathBringerZen on February 24, 2014, 07:50:22 pm

Although recognizable when plugged into a PC using a USB cable, PS3 controllers are not fully recognized by PC software (360 controllers are due to being MS product), so you need to use specific software to use a PS3 controller. There is decent freeware software out there that lets you emulate a PS3 pad as a 360 controller and then it will work fine with WaW.

On-topic... that video man... Oh lawrdy! :D
Post by: treminaor on February 24, 2014, 08:00:38 pm
There is decent freeware software out there that lets you emulate a PS3 pad as a 360 controller and then it will work fine with WaW.
If you've done this before I would appreciate you walking me through what has to be done for this to work so that we can have a guide for people to use. We're getting a lot of people asking about PS3 controllers in the YouTube comments.
Post by: Alerion on February 24, 2014, 09:35:43 pm
If you've done this before I would appreciate you walking me through what has to be done for this to work so that we can have a guide for people to use. We're getting a lot of people asking about PS3 controllers in the YouTube comments.

I got my ps3 controller to work with a tool called "DS3 Tool". Notice the big "T", I was told that there's a simmilar programm which has a small "t" in its name and wich isn't half as good.
The tool I use however is pretty much self-explanationary. After installing it I just had to press "enable" and the buttons were mapped automatically. There also is a tutorial on what to do if that doesn't work but I don't know where it was.
Post by: DeathBringerZen on February 24, 2014, 09:45:01 pm

As Alerion said, the software is DS3 Tool or Motionjoy (though there is others). It is software that allows you to plug in any controller and emulate a 360 controller. It instantly recognizes a PS3 controller and then you only have to select 360 emulation from a drop down tab. I used it back in the day when I played BO1 zombies on my PC and only had a PS3 controller. Never had a problem with it.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/ (http://www.motioninjoy.com/)
Post by: daedra descent on February 24, 2014, 09:56:42 pm
As Alerion said, the software is DS3 Tool or Motionjoy (though there is others). It is software that allows you to plug in any controller and emulate a 360 controller. It instantly recognizes a PS3 controller and then you only have to select 360 emulation from a drop down tab. I used it back in the day when I played BO1 zombies on my PC and only had a PS3 controller. Never had a problem with it.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/ (http://www.motioninjoy.com/)

MotionJoy doesn't work for me for some reason. I did find another software called Pinnacle Software Profile but it only works for the retail version and its only a trail.
Post by: DeathBringerZen on February 24, 2014, 11:28:04 pm
MotionJoy doesn't work for me for some reason. I did find another software called Pinnacle Software Profile but it only works for the retail version and its only a trail.

Does the software recognize the controller as PS3? If so you should see it say '1.Dualshock 3/sisaxis (USB)' as seen in the picture below. Then you would tick the 'Xinput-Default' box to enable 360 emulation.

Finally... hit the 'Enable' box to get it to work.

(http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9272/motioninjoy.png)

Post Merge: February 24, 2014, 11:29:32 pm
Pinnacle is by far the best software available for sure, but it is not free so unless you are willing to pay, motioninjoy is the best alternative available.
Post by: daedra descent on February 24, 2014, 11:33:27 pm
Does the software recognize the controller as PS3? If so you should see it say '1.Dualshock 3/sisaxis (USB)' as seen in the picture below. Then you would tick the 'Xinput-Default' box to enable 360 emulation.

Finally... hit the 'Enable' box to get it to work.

(http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9272/motioninjoy.png)

Post Merge: February 24, 2014, 11:29:32 pm
Pinnacle is by far the best software available for sure, but it is not free so unless you are willing to pay, motioninjoy is the best alternative available.

Yeah i did all of that but it wouldn't do anything in-game.
Post by: DeathBringerZen on February 25, 2014, 12:13:12 am
When you say "in-game", do you mean World at War?

You need to make sure you start up motioninjoy before you start up steam, or the game. Then you will need to enable the console in the game and use the 'exec default_controller.cfg' command.

It should work man. I just tried it myself earlier and it was still working fine. When you hit the enable button on motioninjoy box, it should scroll through some code and actually say it was successful, followed by a driver install.

It the controller showing in the device manager as a motioninjoy emulated controller?

Post Merge: February 25, 2014, 12:15:01 am
If you did not get a driver install prompt, go to the driver manager tab and install it from there. You choose 'install all'.
Post by: daedra descent on February 25, 2014, 12:34:05 am
Still not working.

MotionJoy info:
(http://gyazo.com/754846b78053958b7ed3c1e3eb0b8f5d.png)

AND NVM. I was being an idiot and had the wrong thing selected.
Post by: moonmaster1 on February 25, 2014, 05:59:08 am
This is pretty sweet, a true representation of an Ultimate Gaming Experience.

With proper setup, W@W theoretically could boot up in steam Big Picture and straight to a game of zombies in one go, with multiple customization features.

Is their any reason this shouldn't be on my watch list?
Spoiler: click to open...
(https://images.eurogamer.net/converted/pics/reviews/maxpayne/18b.jpg/EG11/resize/300x-1/quality/70)
Post by: GAFerreira13 on February 25, 2014, 10:16:54 pm
Awesome work as always!