UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: Ege115 on February 22, 2014, 05:41:58 pm

Title: Wierd things is happening
Post by: Ege115 on February 22, 2014, 05:41:58 pm
Hey everyone.

I noticed something wierd today when I visited UGX mod.com

When I go to some of the topics about WIP maps, then I hear some wierd music that is coming from nowhere, no youtube video nothing. And then the music disappears after I leave the site. This have happened to me twice today.
And then my fire wall asks if I want to accept something for my PC, I don't know what it was.
This only happens when I visit UGX mod.com

Do I have a virus?  :'(
Title: Re: Wierd things is happening
Post by: daedra descent on February 22, 2014, 05:56:50 pm
Hmm... Something strange also happened to me when i clicked on the UGX mods image in the wiki, it would show up as the correct URL but once you clicked on it it would redirect you to like 5 different sites that aren't even related to UGX. Trem said it was something on my computer but IDK, everything else was working fine and wasn't going to those sites.

Post by: Ege115 on February 22, 2014, 06:16:19 pm
I think I found the problem, a couple of days ago a window popped up about an update for Avast. I updated it, and now when I looked at it, it was an Avast version that you will have to pay for to use. They tricked me! Because right there it said that it was a normal update, but now when I looked at it myself, it was something I would have to pay for to use.

I am not sure if this was the problem, but we'll see if the music pops up again. If it happens again, I maybe come back here again.
Post by: DeletedUser on February 22, 2014, 06:20:35 pm
Do you have adblock plus installed?
Post by: Ege115 on February 22, 2014, 06:31:09 pm
Do you have adblock plus installed?

It seems like it, I search for it in my computer, and I found some stuff like folders called "adBlocker"

Post Merge: February 22, 2014, 08:04:52 pm
The music came up again, it doesn't matter which topic I am looking at, it just happens sometime when I visit UGX mod.com

Why does it only happen when I visit UGX mod?

Post Merge: February 23, 2014, 08:10:41 am
Edit: Solved! I didn't have the latest update for google chrome, lol.