UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: o0o J0NESY o0o on February 14, 2014, 05:25:09 pm

Title: Downloading ModTools Problems
Post by: o0o J0NESY o0o on February 14, 2014, 05:25:09 pm
Hiya folks,

I'm currently having a very bad day  :( I have had a very serious issue with my PC  >:(

So I have had to reinstall Call of Duty World at War and redownload all the patches and Modtools, but now I'm stuck!

Following the UGX wiki tutorials I can't download some of the modtools:

Modtools V1.2: mirror 1 @ Joystiq: Server not found
                            mirror 2 @ FilePlanet: "Fileplanet is no longer being updated and is in the process of being archived"
                                                                Is says my download as begun when it hasn't. It says "Problems, Click Here"
                                                                When I click here it redirects me to BT who says "the website cannot be found"

This is exactly the same for Modtools V1.3  ???

I have successfully downloaded all the other files and the UGX Modtools Patch via the wiki tutorial. This is probably a simple mistake at my end but I can't seem to progress.  :-[

Any suggestions welcome, cheers guys.  ;)
Title: Re: Downloading ModTools Problems
Post by: daedra descent on February 14, 2014, 06:50:58 pm
Yeah, alot of the links for modtools are down. Someone should upload them to dropbox as there is no file size limit and the download speeds are extremely fast(from what i can tell).
Post by: o0o J0NESY o0o on February 14, 2014, 06:53:12 pm
Can I get them from somewhere else then? As I can't do anything at present, I'm stuck in limbo.  :(
Post by: treminaor on February 14, 2014, 08:54:02 pm
Yeah, alot of the links for modtools are down. Someone should upload them to dropbox as there is no file size limit and the download speeds are extremely fast(from what i can tell).
lol Dropbox has a bandwidth limit. If you host anything like that your account will be disabled.
Post by: daedra descent on February 14, 2014, 09:46:26 pm
lol Dropbox has a bandwidth limit. If you host anything like that your account will be disabled.

Really? i thought it had pretty fast speeds... must be thinking of another file sharer. Why would they disable your account?
Post by: Delta on February 14, 2014, 10:13:22 pm
No, only the link:
Banned links

We ban shared and Public folder links when they're responsible for an uncommonly large amount of traffic, or when they violate our Acceptable Use Policy (such as spam or malware). Find out more.

On the German site they explecit mention 20GB (free) and 200GB ( pro ) per day.
So not an option.

We would love to host them but the MapManager with it's maps is taking already enough bandwidth.
Post by: treminaor on February 14, 2014, 11:24:13 pm
We'll upload to Mega - also GamersHell has all the patches currently.
Post by: o0o J0NESY o0o on February 15, 2014, 02:18:15 am
We'll upload to Mega - also GamersHell has all the patches currently.

Cheers Trem, all sorted and back on track.  ;)