UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: Zombiejelly on February 12, 2014, 06:58:37 pm

Title: Snow Snow Snow
Post by: Zombiejelly on February 12, 2014, 06:58:37 pm
Well this has nothing to do with CZ or even games, but as I was sitting at the window watching all the snow fall and about 6 inches already on the ground, It made me start to wonder how many other of you all are seeing the same thing. I know that for some of you all 6 inches of snow is really nothing. I live in SC, so for me its not normal.  :o
Title: Re: Snow Snow Snow
Post by: Dust on February 12, 2014, 07:02:55 pm
lucky! here in Louisiana we are lucky to even see a drop of snow. It snowed yesterday here but only like half an inch and now its already gone, last time we got snow that actually mattered was back in 2006.
Post by: Zombiejelly on February 12, 2014, 07:13:48 pm
lucky! here in Louisiana we are lucky to even see a drop of snow. It snowed yesterday here but only like half an inch and now its already gone, last time we got snow that actually mattered was back in 2006.

Yeah the only thing wrong with a lot of snow like this is the chance of losing power. No power no electronics and no hot showers. :(
Post by: Alerion on February 12, 2014, 07:14:36 pm
Here in germany we hardly encountered any snow. Not even on christmas eve..
Post by: blackrock555 on February 12, 2014, 07:53:16 pm
Well this has nothing to do with CZ or even games, but as I was sitting at the window watching all the snow fall and about 6 inches already on the ground, It made me start to wonder how many other of you all are seeing the same thing. I know that for some of you all 6 inches of snow is really nothing. I live in SC, so for me its not normal.  :o
If only i could have snow instead of rain and wind. That and flooding is pretty much the story since christmas in the south west/east of England, its horrible.
Post by: DeletedUser on February 12, 2014, 08:16:09 pm
I live in Virginia, it'll be coming for me in a few hours... I really hope I don't lose power lol.
Post by: DarkWhiss on February 12, 2014, 08:17:58 pm
What's Snow?       Is it because i live in California?
Post by: daedra descent on February 12, 2014, 08:24:06 pm
Pfft. You guys should try to live in Wisconsin... during the summers its 90 degrees and in the winter its -20 sometimes...
cold as all hell.
Post by: Alerion on February 12, 2014, 08:35:32 pm
Lol at 90 degree celsius you'd be burning:D
Whyever there still is no universal measurement..
Post by: treminaor on February 12, 2014, 11:26:25 pm
Lol at 90 degree celsius you'd be burning:D
Whyever there still is no universal measurement..
Because we Americans enjoy keeping our heads in the sand.   :fuuu:

For fucks' sake our scientists even use the base 10 metric system - the only reason we still have/use imperial measurement is because we've been using it too long to easily phase it out from our school system, construction/architecture, and other aspects of our economy. We just learn both now but still primarily use imperial in our day to day lives.
Post by: MAK911 on February 13, 2014, 12:09:07 am
Pfft. You guys should try to live in Wisconsin... during the summers its 90 degrees and in the winter its -20 sometimes...
cold as all hell.

You'll regret saying that now, toolboy. Listen for the four knocks. I'll be waiting.
Post by: daedra descent on February 13, 2014, 03:34:26 am
Because we Americans enjoy keeping our heads in the sand.   :fuuu:

For fucks' sake our scientists even use the base 10 metric system - the only reason we still have/use imperial measurement is because we've been using it too long to easily phase it out from our school system, construction/architecture, and other aspects of our economy. We just learn both now but still primarily use imperial in our day to day lives.

ugh tell me about it. the school that i go to bought 250pc tool sets and half the tools are in metric and the other half in imperial... it drives me nuts when i accidentally pick up a metric wrench or something and find out its not the right wrench.

You'll regret saying that now, toolboy. Listen for the four knocks. I'll be waiting.

I'll be waiting... xD
Post by: treminaor on February 13, 2014, 03:38:12 am
ugh tell me about it. the school that i go to bought 250pc tool sets and half the tools are in metric and the other half in imperial... it drives me nuts when i accidentally pick up a metric wrench or something and find out its not the right wrench.
All of the bolts on my Acura are metric... what a pain in the ass that's been.
Post by: Alerion on February 13, 2014, 07:22:40 am
All of the bolts on my Acura are metric... what a pain in the ass that's been.

Aaand I did it! I've changed the topic completely:D

We have to learn the imperial measurements too but hardly use them. Except for the sizes of monitors, they're only avilable in inches..:D
Post by: Zombiejelly on February 13, 2014, 03:46:32 pm
this is crazy! Everything is closed , definantly wish I had a 4 wheel drive. We did not lose power obviously so thats a good thing :)