UGX-Mods

UGX-Mods => Announcements => Topic started by: Delta on December 28, 2020, 02:01:10 pm

Title: Upcoming Server Migration 2020
Post by: Delta on December 28, 2020, 02:01:10 pm
Update 2020-12-30 17:10 UTC: Forum is back online - please report any issues via Twitter, Discord or email. Thank you <3

Maintenance starts at 30th December 2020, 16:30 UTC
The website and other services will be temporarily unavailable, more information about status / availability here: https://status.ugx-mods.com/ (https://status.ugx-mods.com/)

Hi @all,

we will end this year with a migration to another server, which is part of the upcoming bigger changes on UGX-Mods. (more info in the new year)
The transition will go probably smoothly, but just in case we expect a few hours of downtime or connection issue after the migration.

The new server will be Frankfurt, Germany - so you might notice a small delay (although the new server is more powerfull, so you might notice nothing at all ;))

We will notify you on Discord & Twitter once the forum will be temporarly unavailable and the migration starts / ends.
During that short period, email support is also not available!

Please note: We will also migrate our development server (JIRA, Confluence)
without notice in the new two weeks, which means our knowledhe base
and support center is unavailable for a short period as well.
Title: Re: Upcoming Server Migration 2020
Post by: galal mehrez on December 29, 2020, 12:49:14 pm
Hi @all,

we will end this year with a migration to another server, which is part of the upcoming bigger changes on UGX-Mods. (more info in the new year)
The transition will go probably smoothly, but just in case we expect a few hours of downtime or connection issue after the migration.

The new server will be Frankfurt, Germany - so you might notice a small delay (although the new server is more powerfull, so you might notice nothing at all ;))

We will notify you on Discord & Twitter once the forum will be temporarly unavailable and the migration starts / ends.
During that short period, email support is also not available!

Please note: We will also migrate our development server (JIRA, Confluence) without notice in the new two weeks, which means our knowledhe base and support center is unavailable for a short period as well.
While having better servers is better does ugx really need it? I mean I have never faced any problems with ugx so far
Post by: Delta on December 30, 2020, 03:14:03 pm
In the past yes, nowadays not as much, but it helps improve background tasks or just site response time in general.

Faster response times are good for multiple reasons (less impact on the server, faster navigation for you, google and other providers are more happy)
It also allows me to do more processing on the server, like backups, or more download requests in the future.

Currently we / I manage 3 servers, two for UGX only and one is a shared server for UGX and my other projects.
In the future I want to have two servers (one production and one development). -> So some more performance to handle everything and less maintaining (only two servers) and it's also cheaper + better.

So yeah, it does make quite some sense :))
Post by: IceGrenade on December 30, 2020, 05:18:56 pm
Sounds good! Keep up the good work!