UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Map Releases => Topic started by: Drew629 on October 30, 2020, 06:57:42 pm

Title: Bowser's Castle
Post by: Drew629 on October 30, 2020, 06:57:42 pm
Bowser's Castle

(https://i.imgur.com/Fy4XyaT.jpg)

Like COD? Like Mario Kart? Then boy do I have the map for you!

Download
Installer
www.mediafire.com

Manual
www.mediafire.com

Features:
        -9 Characters from the Super Mario series

-Buyable Ending

-Moon style boss
        -Hellhounds and mixed rounds
        -Map themed mini game
        -7 song easter eggs
        -12 perks
        -Custom boss fights
        -Custom double packing

-Custom special round
        -Custom special grenade

Screenshots
(https://i.imgur.com/oB3CVdC.jpg)     (https://i.imgur.com/2zoGCoI.jpg)

(https://i.imgur.com/FSyUVK4.jpg)      (https://i.imgur.com/NkDBSW4.jpg)

(https://i.imgur.com/9opdZUF.jpg)     (https://i.imgur.com/ABmIB72.jpg)

(https://i.imgur.com/lCWyCLq.jpg)     (https://i.imgur.com/7jDnaQH.jpg)

Credits
The Models Resource - Character models

The Textures Resource - HUD elements, ingame textures

MrCoby220 - Raygun Mark II

bamskater33 - Black Ops 1 & 2 perks, shaders

Paragalor - boss zombie script

TomBMX - Gun models

Wraith - Gun animations

Title: Re: Bowser's Castle
Post by: SalamanderTiTz on October 31, 2020, 05:53:51 pm
Whenever someone's down, and another player jumps into lava or water an error message will pop up and kick both players out of the game
Post by: dextro183 on November 01, 2020, 09:07:46 am
Looks very promising i hope this turns out to be really good and super legit, the screenshots are also really awesome
I hope its good mate!

:ugxmods_blue: :ugxmods_blue: :ugxmods_blue:
Post by: TK_GRIZZY on November 01, 2020, 02:00:01 pm
Do you need T4M?
Post by: TK_GRIZZY on November 01, 2020, 02:05:20 pm
Also, when i tried to download the map windows blocked it because it's apparently harmful.
Post by: LIGHTNING on November 01, 2020, 03:20:39 pm
Congrats on the release awesome job
Post by: Dr.J Moet on November 01, 2020, 09:41:57 pm
I have played the map for a bit although i was stuck at the section with bowser jr. i was confused if i should jump the gap or was i supposed to kill bowser jr when he appeared from shooting the targets from behind the cannons? if you can provide some clues on how to beat the bosses i think that would be cool : )
Title: Re: Bowser\'s Castle
Post by: akch14 on November 02, 2020, 02:14:32 am
Thank you for your efforts

Double Post Merge: November 02, 2020, 12:19:14 pm
How can I cross the under fire?
Post by: Cix_XC on November 02, 2020, 10:50:35 am
Thank you for releasing this map man, Made my night

Post by: TK_GRIZZY on November 02, 2020, 04:35:45 pm
how do you finish the target bit with bowser junior I'm so lost.
Post by: Drew629 on November 02, 2020, 04:40:21 pm
Thank you for your efforts

Double Post Merge: November 02, 2020, 12:19:14 pm

How can I cross the under fire?
Are you referring to the fire in the room with Speed Cola? You can go prone under it or just walk around it.
Post by: Bac0NM0nst3r on November 03, 2020, 12:23:44 am
Dude...freaking awesome! great map! so many custom features! after my first playthrough (died at jugg) i wanted to let you know that jugg on this map is only three hits :(
Post by: cadurling on November 03, 2020, 08:45:07 am
@akch14 On the cannons there are targets, shoot the targets and shoot the characters that spawn.  This was a surprisingly great map, so many cool features.  I had one question about the pictures, are you able to jump into the other pictures, other than the one you kill the giant ghost?

Post by: Drew629 on November 03, 2020, 07:47:23 pm
@cadurling No, you can only jump into the one.  It would've been cool to add the other ones, but it would've taken a lot of time
Post by: Ascended Zombie on November 04, 2020, 07:55:17 pm
Our full playthrough here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDtQP3RNMGU&ab_channel=AscendedZombie (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDtQP3RNMGU&ab_channel=AscendedZombie) We found all 3 parts to the cabinet. Very cool custom reward! Im a big Mario Kart Double Dash fan by the way and this was just awesome. Custom characters, custom perks, boss fights. Also kart racing in call of duty?! Are you kidding me!? So freaking cool! Also you added in music from some of the courses in the game, and made the rotating fire trap spin you out like in the game. So many cool things to mention!  We also bought the buyable ending and the DK cannon shooting you out was just icing on the cake! Thank you so much @Drew629 for the map! Fantastic! We hope to see more from you in the future.

Post by: Drew629 on November 05, 2020, 03:18:32 am
Thanks for sharing @Ascended Zombie !  It was very cool to watch.  Also nice job finding all the parts :)
Post by: Cix_XC on November 05, 2020, 05:50:15 am
Do you need T4M?
no its ready to play downloadable

Post by: PinchyPook on November 07, 2020, 06:42:25 am
awesome map but is there away to stop the boos from taking your perks?
Title: Re: Bowser's Castle Fire Screen
Post by: Therealdrillerm on November 11, 2020, 06:14:01 am
I'm starting to have an issue where the fire screen (your character taking fire damage) is on at all times. This just happened recently and I tried restarting, closing, and validating my Cod:WaW files. What can I do to get rid of this?
Post by: Niikolai935 on November 11, 2020, 07:36:38 pm
this looks awesome man, gotta play it now! :D :D O0
Post by: Swiftflame on November 12, 2020, 04:14:31 pm
Yo! Been streamin this on twitch, I must say this is a pretty fun map. I did get most, execpt the ending, done. My thoughts on this so far is overwhelimgly positive, but I do have some critiques. For starters its so easy to get stuck on a weird geometry on the wall, easily noticable in the spawn/beggining. Bowser in the early game has waaay to much HP, dealing with him will waste a fair amount of ammo if you don't have a pap weapon. Also encounterd that error someone mentioned earlier where the game kills itself to title if one goes down off the map. The wunderwaffe glitch is still a thing here, and finally, killing your allied zombie is .. oof, wish it would not end my game cause of friendly fire. Now I did encounter a secret with a friend, it was somewhere around the Ghost valley painting when shooting the dogs, but I have not been able to repeat it. Said secret is a song. Im sure with a little bit of polish and some tweaks plus additions, this map would be flawlessly fantastic :)
Post by: FireflyTheBunny on November 16, 2020, 02:10:41 pm
So, it's a great map and I like it, my only problem is the little battle with Bowser Jr. I thought that simply making a crawler would make it easier on myself. Turns out, it just starts a new round and makes it harder to go pass that area. I would love it if you make this easier for people, instead of having to do that mini-boss battle, because it will eventually get annoying to do over and over. Otherwise, then that, it's a great map.
Post by: LogicRebel on November 30, 2020, 01:29:10 am
Also, when i tried to download the map windows blocked it because it's apparently harmful.
Its not. Most of the maps you download for waw are "harmful". I've downloaded 3 custom maps so far, no viruses :)

Post by: LIGHTNING on December 12, 2020, 04:46:03 pm
Its not. Most of the maps you download for waw are "harmful". I've downloaded 3 custom maps so far, no viruses :)

@LogicRebel any or all maps that u downloaded from the    official custom maps websites such as this one like ugx mods will not give u any viruses ever , it's a false fake virus  and I downloaded hundreds of maps and tested them  out with no problems/viruses at all and also I been playing custom maps for years

Double Post Merge: December 12, 2020, 04:58:44 pm
I'm starting to have an issue where the fire screen (your character taking fire damage) is on at all times. This just happened recently and I tried restarting, closing, and validating my Cod:WaW files. What can I do to get rid of this?
Update ur gpu driver
Post by: THEliberator03 on December 24, 2020, 03:27:55 pm
Fantastic map, my congratulations for your awesome map, i'm really enjoying it with my friends.
Post by: LIGHTNING on January 13, 2021, 06:03:28 am
@LogicRebel any or all maps that u downloaded from the    official custom maps websites such as this one like ugx mods will not give u any viruses ever , it's a false fake virus  and I downloaded hundreds of maps and tested them  out with no problems/viruses at all and also I been playing custom maps for years

Double Post Merge: December 12, 2020, 04:58:44 pm

Update ur gpu driver and type in the console r_flamefx_enable 0 to disable the fire burn effect
Post by: Keyless on January 18, 2021, 07:39:52 am
Its not harmful, Windows does that with most applications you download from the web. If you click "More Details" you can then press "run anyways" I downloaded it and ran it. Its not harmful. Just Windows trying to be "helpful" lol
Post by: Ratickxs on January 18, 2021, 01:05:48 pm
When you use cappy, pls, dont shoot him or you gonna restart all the level when you are playing a 1 HOUR OMFG
Post by: Bilge on January 29, 2021, 07:40:40 pm
This mod is very cool. I especially love the terrifying names given to the new double pack a punch guns

pee pee poo poo, Child support and the yee are my favourite guns to run on this map
Title: Walkthrough
Post by: bridgetoll on March 04, 2021, 06:15:46 am
I'm going to explain some of the special things that happen in this map since some comments seem confused about things.

Spoilers
Paintings  -  Knife them to play music.
Whomp  -  Whomp will block your ability to purchase a perk. You can pay him to gain access to that perk machine but he will move in front of another random perk. He originally costs 1,000 to move but the price increases with each purchase.
Bowser Jr.  -  Start the fight by shooting the cannon and then Bowser Jr.. Regardless of what gun you use, it will always take one bullet. The four cannons will start to move and shoot bullet bills at you. After they shoot, they flip over to show a target. Shoot the target to reveal either a mechakoopa or BJr. If it's a mechakoopa, it will jump onto the stage and explode but you can mostly just ignore them. If it's BJr. shoot him and he will play an animation then disappear. He will only be in one cannon at a time so it's best to shoot both cannons on one side. If he wasn't in either of them, he'll be on the other side. After you shoot him, he will move (or stay) into a random cannon. During this fight, Dry Bones will also spawn. They behave just like normal zombies but only one will spawn at a time per player. (Ex. If you're solo, only one will spawn at a time. If you're playing as 4, up to 4 Dry Bones can be alive at a time). I think it's best to just train them around rather than killing them. After shooting BJr. 3 times (4 if you count the 'tutorial phase'), the boss fight will end. The power switch and a platform will raise up from the lava so you can progress through the map.

Dry Bowser  -  After you have turned on the power, Dry Bowser will spawn. He behaves like a regular zombie but will sprint for a few seconds if you get too close. The duration he sprints for gets longer each time you trigger him. The first time you kill him, he will drop a power moon that you collect just by walking over it. This will be used as a part for Cappy. Every other time after that, he will drop a random perk. He dies to traps.

Cappy  -  The wardrobe in the foyer of the castle is where you can build Cappy. There are 3 parts: The Cap is located on the ground behind the power switch. The Eyes are located on the wall of the circular room with the fire spout (second Bowser Jr. portrait on the left). And the Power Moon which you collect the first time you kill Dry Bowser. Placing all three parts in the dresser creates Cappy, which takes a space in your special grenades inventory. You can through him onto regular zombies to turn them. They will distract and attack other zombies. Cappy can't attach to bosses or dogs. WARNING: Sometimes if you are being revived with Quick Revive and you shoot a zombie being controlled by Cappy you can be kicked out of the game for friendly fire.

Boo  -  Boo will occasionally try to steal one of your perks. You will know he's there because you will hear his laugh, your screen will flash every few seconds, and the icon of the perk he's stealing will flash. When this happens, run to the machine of the perk he's stealing. He can't hurt you and you can't hurt him. Just run up to him to scare him away. After he's stolen your perk or you have scared him, he will fly back to the hallway with all the paintings and enter Ghost Valley. For a few seconds afterwards you will be able to follow him inside (you can enter as long as there are white rings appearing on the painting). After you have killed King Boo, Boo will only spawn one more time.

King Boo  -  King Boo lives in the Ghost Valley painting. As long as you are in there, he will follow you and try to steal your gun. He doesn't do damage. His health saves so you can deal some damage to him, leave to resupply, and then come back to finish him. As with most bosses in this map, his health scales with the rounds so the later you try to kill him, the higher his health. After you've killed him, Boo will only spawn one more time, the painting will remain permanently open for you to travel between worlds, and a platform will rise which allows you to Double Pack a Punch.

Wario & Waluigi  -  Occasionally, a round will be replaced with Wario and Waluigi. They spawn from a pipe at the spawn area. They are very fast and have a lot of health but will not damage you. If they catch you, half your points will be taken. Your points can be stolen by each person so if you have 100 points Wario will reduce you to 50 and then Waluigi will reduce you to 25. Killing them will return your points. Regardless of whether you kill them or not, they will drop a max ammo (if you don't kill them it will be at the spawn area). They die to traps.

Pack a Punch  -  The first time you try to enter PaP, Magikoopa will appear and remove the bridge. Walk through the map to find and collect all the pieces, 7 in total. The bridge will complete itself as you find them so once you find the last one, PaP is available.

Bowser  -  After completing the PaP bridge, a bowser platform will appear in the spawn area. If all players are standing on it, a MarioKart race between you and Bowser will begin. During the race zombies can't kill you and you can't kill them. If you lose the race, nothing happens. If you win, Bowser will spawn as an enemy. (Remember the race ends for all players once first place completes his last lap). Bowser has a lot of health but is also the only boss that gives points so he's very good to farm. If you don't care about the points, you can kill him with a trap. If you want him to respawn you can race him again.

Lmk if you have any questions.