UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: keeganj1992 on August 22, 2020, 06:08:10 am

Title: Gibberish menus and cant move
Post by: keeganj1992 on August 22, 2020, 06:08:10 am
Hello everyone. Im totally new to mapping, and am having a problem. So ive watched some tutorials, and have become somewhat capable of using the tools. I have laid out a base for my map, and then ive put in a few objects. I want to test play it to see how the scaling is before i proceed further. The issues i have, are that when i fire up the map after compiling it, i get a bunch of gibberish alien looking text in my menus. I had at first added the ugx mod to the map. i read that that could be the issue, so i deleted it and started over, this time not checking the box for add ugx mod in the Script Placer. But i still have the same issue. Also, once i get in, im just frozen in place and round 1 never starts. I want to get these issues fixed before proceeding. I get an error while compiling the map, that says "could not open zone source/english/assetlist/common_ignore. I was worried i botched a file somehow in the root when installing the tools, but if i just fire up waw normally it works without issue. I appreciate any help you can give me. i did try to search, but couldnt seem to find much, maybe my google-fu is just weak, so i apologize if you get this one a lot!
Title: Re: Gibberish menus and cant move
Post by: keeganj1992 on August 24, 2020, 06:58:26 pm
So, i got that problem fixed, and kept mapping. now i have a metric fuckton of lightmap errors. i can only think they are due to the terrain patches i added as a roof to the main schoolhouse, and the hill that extends along the whole side of the map... ive tried setting to natural no luck. do i need to break them into separate patches?
Title: Re: Gibberish menus and cant move
Post by: cpt_johnson1 on August 25, 2020, 01:16:45 am
So, i got that problem fixed, and kept mapping. now i have a metric fuckton of lightmap errors. i can only think they are due to the terrain patches i added as a roof to the main schoolhouse, and the hill that extends along the whole side of the map... ive tried setting to natural no luck. do i need to break them into separate patches?
There is an easy way to fix those errors, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdI1MASnjZI (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdI1MASnjZI) this video should cover it