UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: treminaor on January 20, 2014, 08:35:19 pm

Title: Kingston Giveaway Discussion Topic
Post by: treminaor on January 20, 2014, 08:35:19 pm
If you would like to discuss anything about the SSD, please do it here instead of in the contest topic. We don't want to have to sift though replies that aren't contest entries.
Title: Re: Kingston Giveaway Discussion Topic
Post by: daedra descent on January 20, 2014, 08:36:05 pm
Just wondering, if by any chance that my computer doesn't have the proper SATA cable connections, i could just boot it from USB like a flash drive correct?
Post by: treminaor on January 20, 2014, 08:36:50 pm
Just wondering, if by any chance that my computer doesn't have the proper SATA cable connections, i could just boot it from USB like a flash drive correct?
The USB enclousure would be much slower than a SATA connection, but yes. The enclosure is intended to only be used for transferring your data from your existing drive to the SSD before installation. Basically it's a migration tool.
Post by: Alerion on January 20, 2014, 09:15:41 pm
Has my post been so wrong that you had to delete it? :'(
Post by: treminaor on January 20, 2014, 09:25:25 pm
Has my post been so wrong that you had to delete it? :'(
You can repost it here if you like, I removed any posts that were not entries to the contest.
Post by: DeletedUser on January 20, 2014, 10:34:23 pm
Would I be able to just connect the SSD to my computer and use it without replacing my current hard drive? I have way more than 120 GB on it right now.
Post by: treminaor on January 20, 2014, 10:39:01 pm
Would I be able to just connect the SSD to my computer and use it without replacing my current hard drive? I have way more than 120 GB on it right now.
Yes, you could hook it up as an additional drive and put intensive games or programs on it to speed them up. The best use for it would probably be as a boot drive, though.
Post by: daedra descent on January 20, 2014, 11:00:18 pm
figured as much. another question, does the SSD work/fit in a ps3? I was thinking that it would reduce lag/stuttering in games like Skyrim that constantly reads/writes to the disk, but it looks a bit too small to fit right into the HDD slot.
Post by: treminaor on January 20, 2014, 11:19:39 pm
figured as much. another question, does the SSD work/fit in a ps3? I was thinking that it would reduce lag/stuttering in games like Skyrim that constantly reads/writes to the disk, but it looks a bit too small to fit right into the HDD slot.
It will work fine, but I suggest reading this: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/SSD-for-PS3-SLIM/td-p/15568631 (http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/SSD-for-PS3-SLIM/td-p/15568631)
Post by: Alerion on January 21, 2014, 05:48:14 pm
You can repost it here if you like, I removed any posts that were not entries to the contest.

Well, you pretty much rewrote it at the beginning of this new topic so I don't see any need anymore.
But I do see a point in keeping the other topic clean(:
Post by: haxman123 on January 23, 2014, 10:32:58 pm
will there be runners up? or just one slandered giveaway winner?
Post by: treminaor on January 23, 2014, 11:13:46 pm
will there be runners up? or just one slandered giveaway winner?
There's no runners-up when its a random pick, so no. We would have to do multiple picks which doesnt make sense.
Post by: DeletedUser on January 29, 2014, 08:41:48 am
I would put all my OS files on their and my important files and use it to boot up my PC a lot faster.
http://youtu.be/hUrsxXHuHBQ (http://youtu.be/hUrsxXHuHBQ)
This reminded me of this xD
Post by: treminaor on February 01, 2014, 12:41:55 am
Contest will be closed on Feb 2nd (Sunday) and a winner will be announced within 1-2 days from then.
Post by: GAFerreira13 on February 01, 2014, 11:31:02 pm
do we put our steam ID or username? IN the "Edit Profile" zone it asked me for the username, but in contest rules it asked me the ID
Post by: treminaor on February 02, 2014, 12:22:02 am
do we put our steam ID or username? IN the "Edit Profile" zone it asked me for the username, but in contest rules it asked me the ID
Your username and ID are the same thing. Your displayname is the one which you can freely change from your Steam settings. We want your username/ID, not your displayname.

You need to have an actual username/ID too - you can't use your profile number..
Post by: treminaor on February 03, 2014, 06:20:20 am
Contest is concluded, winner will be announced shortly!