UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Modding => Topic started by: hedgehogMLG on February 19, 2020, 11:23:14 pm

Title: How to add voice lines?
Post by: hedgehogMLG on February 19, 2020, 11:23:14 pm
How do i add in the vanilla der reise voice lines? As of now my characters are silent, and ive noticed that when they  are meant to say a line that the verruckt soldiers dont have an equivalent for (talking about power at the start, picking up monkeys, being surrounded, seeing pack a punch, etc) it causes massive lag spikes and it becomes unplayable at higher rounds.

Ive tried adding the dlc3 vox csv file to my mod folder but that doesnt seem to do anything.
Title: Re: How to add voice lines?
Post by: PositiveGamerz on February 20, 2020, 06:56:28 pm
How do i add in the vanilla der reise voice lines? As of now my characters are silent, and ive noticed that when they  are meant to say a line that the verruckt soldiers dont have an equivalent for (talking about power at the start, picking up monkeys, being surrounded, seeing pack a punch, etc) it causes massive lag spikes and it becomes unplayable at higher rounds.

Ive tried adding the dlc3 vox csv file to my mod folder but that doesnt seem to do anything.
the lag is probably a "potential infinite loop in script" also did you add in your mod.csv "sound,dlc3_vox"? not sure if that will help
Post by: hedgehogMLG on February 20, 2020, 10:10:14 pm
the lag is probably a "potential infinite loop in script" also did you add in your mod.csv "sound,dlc3_vox"? not sure if that will help
Do you know of this is the right place to put it? I had it in soundaliases but had no luck
Post by: PositiveGamerz on February 21, 2020, 03:22:41 am
Do you know of this is the right place to put it? I had it in soundaliases but had no luck
put dlc3_vox into mods/mapname/maps then go in the launcher and put in the mod.csv "sound,dlc3_vox,,all_sp" and make sure to tick it on the right then build ff fastfile and Build IWD File and test it, if it still doesn't work check the soundalias and make sure the sounds dont have # infront of it.

Sorry if im not much of help btw im kinda newish
Post by: hedgehogMLG on February 21, 2020, 07:29:30 am
put dlc3_vox into mods/mapname/maps then go in the launcher and put in the mod.csv "sound,dlc3_vox,,all_sp" and make sure to tick it on the right then build ff fastfile and Build IWD File and test it, if it still doesn't work check the soundalias and make sure the sounds dont have # infront of it.

Ill try this later, but thanks a lot for the help man.
Post by: PositiveGamerz on February 21, 2020, 01:05:51 pm
Ill try this later, but thanks a lot for the help man.
np hope it works :)
Post by: hedgehogMLG on February 21, 2020, 06:16:19 pm

nah didnt work. any other ideas?
just realised i dont have the "dlc3" folder of sounds that the .csv references, the path for it is "root\raw\sound\voiceovers\zombie\dlc3\"
which is weird, because i can play der reise and they all talk perfectly fine.
Post by: PositiveGamerz on February 22, 2020, 12:57:43 am
nah didnt work. any other ideas?
just realised i dont have the "dlc3" folder of sounds that the .csv references, the path for it is "root\raw\sound\voiceovers\zombie\dlc3\"
which is weird, because i can play der reise and they all talk perfectly fine.
hmm odd, sorry idk what the problem is, probably wasnt the answer you were hoping for :(