UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: henkownd on January 17, 2014, 07:58:35 pm

Title: Map Won't Load
Post by: henkownd on January 17, 2014, 07:58:35 pm
When I tried to launch my map, It just stopped at the last 1/10 loading, yesterday it just worked fine but now it won't. :'(
Can somebody please help me?
Here is a picture in game, this is were it freezes.

(http://i41.tinypic.com/2zqvbzs.jpg)

-Henkownd
Title: Re: Map Won't Load
Post by: henkownd on January 17, 2014, 08:11:38 pm
Nope, I just added an image which a removed completely from my root map, but it still freezes
Post by: Ege115 on January 17, 2014, 08:28:16 pm
Hmm, I had this once but instead it loaded to 9/10 and that was because I had a script error somewhere in my mapname.gsc

Have you been editing in yourmapname.gsc like zones etc?
Post by: henkownd on January 17, 2014, 08:36:34 pm
Yes I did thanks
Post by: Ege115 on January 17, 2014, 08:47:17 pm
Yes I did thanks

Did you solve it?
Post by: henkownd on January 17, 2014, 09:03:54 pm
Nope, it got a little bit further
Post by: Ege115 on January 17, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Try to type "developer 1" in console at the menu of your map and then start the map and tell me what the error says. (If it not freezes again)

And then press and hold "shift" and then the button right under "esc" and tell me if there are some red text about script errors or if it says something about your mapname.gsc
Post by: daedra descent on January 17, 2014, 10:00:28 pm
Try to type "developer 1" in console at the menu of your map and then start the map and tell me what the error says. (If it not freezes again)

And then press and hold "shift" and then the button right under "esc" and tell me if there are some red text about script errors or if it says something about your mapname.gsc

adding onto this, if you set developer 2 and logfile 2 within modtools game launch tab, it will spit out a "console log" that will show the error. Refresh your mod builder tab and open up console.log to see it.
Post by: MistaC4 on January 18, 2014, 06:37:24 pm
I had this problem I changed all the folders in my mods root directory and unchecked read only
And I recompiled the mod and the map then the patch then it worked.
Post by: DeletedUser on January 28, 2014, 06:20:04 am
This happens to me all the time, are you on a somewhat slow computer? because i know on my laptop it dose the same thing. have you tryed to close down waw then reopen it? :D
Post by: treminaor on January 28, 2014, 08:27:51 am
Try running in windowed mode. Use the "Run Game" tab of launcher to set r_fullscreen to 0, select your mod from the list, and launch.