UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Help Desk => Scripting => Topic started by: Chadric273 on January 06, 2020, 06:48:30 pm

Title: How to write code for holding F a certain amount of time to activate script?
Post by: Chadric273 on January 06, 2020, 06:48:30 pm
Hey guys! So, I tried looking on this link for a built-in function but I could not find anything (link: https://aviacreations.com/modme/scriptdocs/# (https://aviacreations.com/modme/scriptdocs/#)). What line of code would I write to have it so the player has to hold F for 5 seconds before it allows th rest of the script to run? I know how to do it for pressing F once, but I do not know how to write it so that you have to hold F for 5 seconds. Any help with this would be much appreciated!

On a second note, how do I go about making it so that while the player is holding F , a "progress bar" appears that fills up to show you how much longer you have to hold F for?

Title: Re: How to write code for holding F a certain amount of time to activate script?
Post by: Chadric273 on January 15, 2020, 08:56:32 am
Not sure if this will benefit anyone who may view this thread in the future, but if you are wondering how to do what I asked about as well, I did manage to write a chunk of code that basically checks to see if you are holding F every second the code runs. The "use button" is referencing whatever button you press to basically do anything (buy perks, buy weapons off the wall, etc.).

Code:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
for(i = 5; i > 0; i--) //For i = 5 you can change the five to how ever many seconds you want the player to hold F for.
{
if(player UseButtonPressed()) //UseButtonPressed is referencing whatever button you have to press to buy doors, perks, and so on. For my controls that button is F.
{
player DisableWeapons();
IPrintLnBold(i);
wait 1;
}
else
{
player EnableWeapons();
break;
}
}
NOTE: you may have to change lines of this code to adjust it to what you want the script to do and to make it work correctly with your script. If you have any questions about this chunk of code don't be afraid to ask! (:

Title: Re: How to write code for holding F a certain amount of time to activate script?
Post by: AlecKeaneDUB on April 12, 2020, 06:48:09 am
Try using a while loop instead of an if and have it count up until the set time is reached while your pressing use