UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Modding => Topic started by: BoolinNStoolin on December 18, 2019, 03:45:09 am

Title: Weird Alien Text and such
Post by: BoolinNStoolin on December 18, 2019, 03:45:09 am
Hi im very new to mapping and modding, i found a series of tutorials to teach me how and its been going great... until i tried launching my map for a test run to see if the lighting and map proportions were correct etc.. but when i built mod, compiled and launched the activision loading screen loads me in and its just a blank black screen with my m9 beretta in the middle and i cant move. when i pause there is "alien" text i cant select anything. ive looked for solutions on other posts because ive seen how common this issue is but none of the solutions helped me. I'd appreciate any help i can get.
Title: Re: Weird Alien Text and such
Post by: klevi on December 18, 2019, 11:23:29 pm
Reinstall the game and the mod tools, so you have a clean copy of the files, but DO NOT install ugx mod standalone.
Title: Re: Weird Alien Text and such
Post by: GarthVader45 on December 18, 2019, 11:52:24 pm
Reinstall the game and the mod tools, so you have a clean copy of the files, but DO NOT install ugx mod standalone.
 Yes, I can confirm. This happens when you originally install the UGX Standalone Mod for your map, and you try to backup your map files without re-installing UGX Mod. Just back everything up and rebuild your mod without UGX Mod and you should be fine.