UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: MegaPredator on April 27, 2019, 01:51:12 pm

Title: Errors at compiling...
Post by: MegaPredator on April 27, 2019, 01:51:12 pm
This is my first time creating a custom map for WAW, and been following ZK tutorial... my problem is that... when im going to compile the level / map I always check:
Compile BSP, Compile Lights, Compile Paths, Compile Reflections, Build Fastfiles, BSP Info, Mod Specific Map,... and my problem is that sp_tool, and linker_pc doesnt execute, or doesnt work, but when I compile another map, they work, so... is there any idea what could be causing that problem?
Title: Re: Errors at compiling...
Post by: gympie6 on April 27, 2019, 10:38:47 pm
This is my first time creating a custom map for WAW, and been following ZK tutorial... my problem is that... when im going to compile the level / map I always check:
Compile BSP, Compile Lights, Compile Paths, Compile Reflections, Build Fastfiles, BSP Info, Mod Specific Map,... and my problem is that sp_tool, and linker_pc doesnt execute, or doesnt work, but when I compile another map, they work, so... is there any idea what could be causing that problem?
I think there is something in the map your compiler couldn't handle.
If you see an error red marked please post it here and maybe I can help you.
Post by: MegaPredator on April 27, 2019, 11:42:07 pm
Code Snippet
Plaintext
CoD2Map v1.1 (c) 2002 Id Software Inc. / Infinity Ward
---- cod2map ----
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\bin/main
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_27.iwd (60 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_26.iwd (522 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_25.iwd (139 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_24.iwd (502 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_23.iwd (3 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_22.iwd (529 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_21.iwd (13 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_20.iwd (69 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_19.iwd (52 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_18.iwd (51 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_17.iwd (42 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_16.iwd (44 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_15.iwd (145 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_14.iwd (655 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_13.iwd (400 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_12.iwd (453 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_11.iwd (366 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_10.iwd (549 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_09.iwd (413 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_08.iwd (484 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_07.iwd (755 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_06.iwd (537 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_05.iwd (569 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_04.iwd (711 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_03.iwd (743 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_02.iwd (694 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_01.iwd (350 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_00.iwd (808 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//main
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//main_shared
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\bin/raw
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\bin/raw_shared
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\bin/devraw
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\bin/devraw_shared
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//raw
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//raw_shared
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//devraw
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//devraw_shared
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//raw/english
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//devraw/english

File Handles:
----------------------
10658 files in iwd files
Loading map file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\dsfacility.map
******* leaked *******

================================

WROTE BSP LEAKFILE: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\dsfacility.lin

================================

finding triangle windings...
assigning primary lights...
splitting windings into lightable areas...
coalescing coincident windings...
removing occluded winding fragments...
finding sun shadow casters...
splitting large windings...
merging into concave windings...
fixing t-junctions...
tethering holes to their concave windings...
building lightmap groups...
assigning lightmaps...
finding index mapping and snapping vertices...
triangulating all windings...
0 self-tjunctions fixed
0 degenerate tris removed
smoothing normals...
emitting triangles...
triangulating all windings...
0 self-tjunctions fixed
0 degenerate tris removed
smoothing normals...
emitting triangles...
combining layered materials...
0 vertices couldn't be merged because the textures point different ways
emitting cells and portals...

building curve/terrain collision...
Adding brush neighbor bevels...
Removing redundant brush collision planes...
removed 29 brush sides
elapsed time 0 seconds
Finished processing world entity

Writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\raw\maps\dsfacility.d3dbsp
    2 seconds elapsed
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\bin/main
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_27.iwd (60 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_26.iwd (522 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_25.iwd (139 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_24.iwd (502 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_23.iwd (3 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_22.iwd (529 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_21.iwd (13 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_20.iwd (69 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_19.iwd (52 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_18.iwd (51 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_17.iwd (42 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_16.iwd (44 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_15.iwd (145 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_14.iwd (655 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_13.iwd (400 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_12.iwd (453 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_11.iwd (366 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_10.iwd (549 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_09.iwd (413 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_08.iwd (484 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_07.iwd (755 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_06.iwd (537 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_05.iwd (569 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_04.iwd (711 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_03.iwd (743 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_02.iwd (694 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_01.iwd (350 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\iw_00.iwd (808 files)
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//main
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//main_shared
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\bin/raw
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\bin/raw_shared
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\bin/devraw
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\bin/devraw_shared
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//raw
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//raw_shared
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//devraw
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//devraw_shared
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//raw/english
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War//devraw/english

File Handles:
----------------------
10658 files in iwd files

using default radiosityScale 1

using default contrastGain 0.3

image 'images/limbs_c.iwi' is missing
Copying  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\mods\HumorModTWO\humormodtwo.iwd
     to  C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Local\Activision\CodWaW\mods\HumorModTWO\humormodtwo.iwd
ERROR: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Local\Activision\CodWaW\mods\HumorModTWO\humormodtwo.iwd' is denied.
Copying  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\mods\HumorModTWO\mod.arena
     to  C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Local\Activision\CodWaW\mods\HumorModTWO\mod.arena
ERROR: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Local\Activision\CodWaW\mods\HumorModTWO\mod.arena' is denied.
Copying  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\mods\mp_HumorModTWO\mp_humormodtwo.iwd
     to  C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Local\Activision\CodWaW\mods\mp_HumorModTWO\mp_humormodtwo.iwd
ERROR: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Local\Activision\CodWaW\mods\mp_HumorModTWO\mp_humormodtwo.iwd' is denied.
Copying  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\mods\mp_HumorModTWO\mod.arena
     to  C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Local\Activision\CodWaW\mods\mp_HumorModTWO\mod.arena
ERROR: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Local\Activision\CodWaW\mods\mp_HumorModTWO\mod.arena' is denied.
Copying  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\mods\usermaps\images.iwd
     to  C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Local\Activision\CodWaW\mods\usermaps\images.iwd
ERROR: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Local\Activision\CodWaW\mods\usermaps\images.iwd' is denied.
This is what I get in the console... I was later looking somewhere I found this video 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQZx3AlMQhY (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQZx3AlMQhY)
 and I did follow what he did, and it kinda solve my problem, but It did not... because all the models looked wrong, they have the wrong colours and... I dont have anything in the map... its just the caulk, and volume layer, the player spawners, and some models and thats it... So I really dont know what could be causing that
Post by: codmoddd1234 on April 29, 2019, 01:49:16 am

You don't need bsp_info checked when compiling.
Post by: MegaPredator on April 30, 2019, 05:39:20 pm
I think there is something in the map your compiler couldn't handle.
If you see an error red marked please post it here and maybe I can help you.
I was later looking somewhere I found this video 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQZx3AlMQhY (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQZx3AlMQhY)
 and I did follow what he did, and it kinda solve my problem, but It did not... because all the models looked wrong, they have the wrong colours and... I dont have anything in the map... its just the caulk, and volume layer, the player spawners, and some models and thats it... So I really dont know what could be causing that , but still.. what could be causing that sp_tool and linker_pc doesnt work
Post by: KDXDARK on May 01, 2019, 04:35:42 am

https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Modtools+Installation+Guide (https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Modtools+Installation+Guide)
read the "cleaning up the trash"