UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: ResonateBob on March 11, 2019, 11:54:35 am

Title: I've been getting this error all of the sudden when compiling my patch
Post by: ResonateBob on March 11, 2019, 11:54:35 am
This project has been getting quite a few erros since im new to this im not expecting to get some crystal clear map. But i want to know if i can fix this error when ever i try compiling the patch. It says (!) UNRECOVERABLE ERROR: EXE_ERR_WRONG_MAP_VERSION_NUMmaps/grandmashouse_patch.d3dbsp this is really annoying and im wondering if theress a fix for this. THANKS
Title: Re: I've been getting this error all of the sudden when compiling my patch
Post by: klevi on March 18, 2019, 10:50:11 pm
I have never got that error but what i can suggest is that on script placer you can try to create a new map, click it on a "CUSTOM" map, then go and choose your actual map. Then convert it again and see if you do get the error again.
Title: Re: I've been getting this error all of the sudden when compiling my patch
Post by: ResonateBob on March 20, 2019, 03:08:23 pm
I have never got that error but what i can suggest is that on script placer you can try to create a new map, click it on a "CUSTOM" map, then go and choose your actual map. Then convert it again and see if you do get the error again.fdasfdsa

Thanks for the advice but when you say your aactual map what file is it?
Post by: gympie6 on March 20, 2019, 04:53:34 pm
Thanks for the advice but when you say your aactual map what file is it?

I think he means your map itself.
Go to your root/mapsource and use that for your new mod made by the scriptplacer.
Post by: ResonateBob on March 20, 2019, 05:34:01 pm
I think he means your map itself.
Go to your root/mapsource and use that for your new mod made by the scriptplacer.

So i tried making a new map and it did the same thing. Maybe it has something to do with launcher because im always getting errors when starting my map or compiling things.

Post by: gympie6 on March 20, 2019, 07:07:19 pm
So i tried making a new map and it did the same thing. Maybe it has something to do with launcher because im always getting errors when starting my map or compiling things.

Maybe if you still have the humor mod but you can ignore that.
(Make a backup before you do this!)
As long your map is working it is fine but what you have is something different.
I think you should make a new map in the launcher and replace it after that with your map that can be found in root/mapsource.
Post by: ResonateBob on March 20, 2019, 07:30:49 pm
As long your map is working it is fine but what you have is something different.
I think you should make a new map in the launcher and replace it after that with your map that can be found in root/mapsource.

All right ill try that.
Post by: ResonateBob on March 20, 2019, 07:55:55 pm
i think that error dont effect my map but i get other errors if i run the mod it says missing script anim dog init 
Post by: gympie6 on March 21, 2019, 05:12:25 am
i think that error dont effect my map but i get other errors if i run the mod it says missing script anim dog init

That is because you also have to compile the YOURMAPNAME_patch in launcher.
Post by: ResonateBob on March 21, 2019, 06:42:14 pm

Well i can't compile a patch cause of the error im getting. My stuff is broken or something.

That is because you also have to compile the YOURMAPNAME_patch in launcher.