UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Work-In-Progress => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Mods => Topic started by: StraightArrow on February 07, 2019, 06:38:55 pm

Title: WIP: My (blue flames) jetpack flamethrower
Post by: StraightArrow on February 07, 2019, 06:38:55 pm

Finally had time to (almost) finish this idea I had floating around in my head.
Thinking of incorporating this into a bigger mod. I know this is like 2010 style stuff but idk, I like the idea of it :)
Probably gonna create a 3rd person animation to make it a little more lively.
Any tips on how to make it overheat faster only while its in the air (balancing purposes)
Also how do I attach gifs properly to this website lol
Title: Re: WIP: My jetpack flamethrower
Post by: StraightArrow on February 10, 2019, 06:52:49 am
Okey,
I know people have wanted a blue flame for the upgraded flamethrower. Still working on making it not look so white lol. There is a purple one if you go to my imgur.
Thanks to CHN for his tut and BluntStuffy.  Thanks to my gf who is awesome and helped me recolor :))
Title: Re: WIP: My (blue flames) jetpack flamethrower
Post by: MZslayer11 on February 13, 2019, 05:50:37 am
Neat idea, blue flames look awesome! Would be interesting to see the whole jetpack thing implimented in a map. Like you need it to get to certain areas of the map, stuff like that. Radiant clipping would need to be on point tho so players don't constantly fly out of the map lol.
Post by: StraightArrow on February 13, 2019, 06:57:19 am
True lol,
Thanks for checking it out! Yea, surprised Treyarch didn't do the blue flame thing in the first place since it only took me and the gf about 4 hrs to get it working and it seems like kind of a no-brainer (and most of that time was trying different colors and arguing which looked better:D) . Still chugging away at balancing the darn thing though :/ofc they would hide the overheat functions deep in the code so I'm trying workarounds using its sounds/fx.

Post by: BluntStuffy on February 13, 2019, 09:38:53 pm
Overheating and cooldown etc are set in the weapon-file, and i'm pretty sure you can't acces/change those through script during the game..
Maybe you can create another weaponfile for the jetpack-version and switch between them
Post by: StraightArrow on February 14, 2019, 07:03:12 am
I thought about that actually. Thinking I would need to delete the pullout animations so it would switch instantaneously without the player noticing the switch. 
Post by: StraightArrow on March 09, 2019, 06:37:07 pm
Quick little update.
I've fixed the knifing problem with the thing. Before, when I knifed at the ground it would also let me fly (why did the devs code that knifing is the same as "firing"? These and other existential questions at 9).
Now it works as intended.  One more bug to fix then we gucci. Unfortunately I think it will be the hardest one to address...
Post by: StraightArrow on March 23, 2019, 07:50:59 am
Oof, 
After many days and nights I'm almost done with squashing the bugs. Next I'll work on some of the collision in Der Reise. Can I edit most of it through scripting? I know I can spawn new collisions. Can I despawn some of the ones the devs put in place?