UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: nuketown122 on December 30, 2018, 11:12:28 pm

Title: When walking it considers the player in water
Post by: nuketown122 on December 30, 2018, 11:12:28 pm
When I walk at a surface where there is no water, it makes me swim in water but there isn't any water brush, at the position where im walking towards at.

Video showing the problem:
https://youtu.be/OhlPntwMwb8 (https://youtu.be/OhlPntwMwb8)

Double Post Merge: December 31, 2018, 07:41:39 pm
Any help? :'(
Title: Re: When walking it considers the player in water
Post by: klevi on January 01, 2019, 11:58:26 am
IDK man, my only suggestion for you is to check again your map or you can create a new blank map press "I" in the current map and paste it map in that new blank  map.Build mod, Compile map and who know's , maybe it will fix.
Post by: codmoddd1234 on January 02, 2019, 06:25:42 pm
Water sometimes cuts horizontally though the map when its compiled but its supposed to fill the brush volume with water. I dont think there is a perfect solution but i would try one of these.
Make sure it has structural brushes around it to define the boundaries.
Try using a no_draw_decal brush with water texture on one face.
Terrain patch.
Curve patch.
If none of those suggestions work i have a dynamic water texture and a scrolling foamy texture/model i used for a waterfall and stream i might be able to upload.
Post by: klevi on January 02, 2019, 07:58:40 pm
Water sometimes cuts horizontally though the map when its compiled but its supposed to fill the brush volume with water. I dont think there is a perfect solution but i would try one of these.
Terrain patch.
Curve patch.
If none of those suggestions work i have a dynamic water texture and a scrolling foamy texture/model i used for a waterfall and stream i might be able to upload.
@codmoddd1234  why dont u make a tutorial on how to create a scrolling texture? It might help me a bit.
Post by: nuketown122 on January 03, 2019, 09:08:23 pm
I'll give it a try and see if it works but if I create a structural brush I would not be able to change to color of the water to a pale blue color. Isn't there another way to change it's color without turning the brush into a terrain patch. (I was using dynamic_water as what people said you can only use alpha editing on those.
Terrain patch.
Curve patch.