UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: minidude140 on November 17, 2018, 10:18:01 pm

Title: How to make a non power switch?
Post by: minidude140 on November 17, 2018, 10:18:01 pm
I am building a map where the trigger for the PAP door is down a spiral hallway that you will have to fight your way out of.  I want to give my trigger an in-game switch or even button.  I was going to build a power switch but give the trigger KVPs the ones for the door, but I am not sure if that will work.  Do I just build the button/switch with another brushmodel that rotates or moves like I would a door? 

Double Post Merge: November 17, 2018, 11:09:54 pm
(Maybe by the time I reach the 10 approved posts I will stop asking dumb questions)  Yeah you totally just give it the Scipt_angles KVP you want and target it to the trigger. 
Title: Re: How to make a non power switch?
Post by: gympie6 on November 19, 2018, 06:40:54 pm
I am building a map where the trigger for the PAP door is down a spiral hallway that you will have to fight your way out of.  I want to give my trigger an in-game switch or even button.  I was going to build a power switch but give the trigger KVPs the ones for the door, but I am not sure if that will work.  Do I just build the button/switch with another brushmodel that rotates or moves like I would a door? 

Double Post Merge: November 17, 2018, 11:09:54 pm

(Maybe by the time I reach the 10 approved posts I will stop asking dumb questions)  Yeah you totally just give it the Scipt_angles KVP you want and target it to the trigger.
I have no idea what you are saying but I guess you need something like this?:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
nonpowerbutton()
{
button= getEnt("powerbutton","targetname");
button setHintString("Press a button");

button waittill("trigger",player);
button playsound("computer_button");

flag_set( "electricity_on" );
    // level maps\dlc3_code::power_electric_switch_on();
}
With this you can make a triggeruse with targetname: "powerbutton" and it will open all doors that needs electricity. 
For perks this will not work the same way.
Uncomment the last function to let it also work with perks.