UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: jetb1ackx on September 07, 2018, 10:21:02 am

Title: So.... the directory where mods/maps get installed to dosen't exist
Post by: jetb1ackx on September 07, 2018, 10:21:02 am
Basically as the titles says, C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\AppData\Local\Activision\ folder does not exist for some reason, I've started and closed the Steam version a couple of times now and the directory just does not get created, I run a .exe to install a map, the .exe runs as expected and 'installs' the mod, when checking the game nothing has been installed.

What do?
Title: Re: So.... the directory where mods/maps get installed to dosen't exist
Post by: GlueGun87 on September 07, 2018, 08:55:36 pm
is that win10? just asking. look around, lunch mod. if you cant, create a map lunch that one and just use console to load
the map, you can use in the console example "devmap" "map" "map and the .ff" yeah dont know what windows ur using...
find the downloaded exe that you installed, normally im guessing that. you can just use that exe's name and just add dot ff. so your downloaded mod name,  then .ff with no special charecters. find it and mabey you play it.
Post by: Fancygamer1738 on September 07, 2018, 10:45:43 pm
C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\AppData\Local\Activision\

Should be C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW
Post by: gympie6 on September 07, 2018, 11:59:51 pm
Basically as the titles says, C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\AppData\Local\Activision\ folder does not exist for some reason, I've started and closed the Steam version a couple of times now and the directory just does not get created, I run a .exe to install a map, the .exe runs as expected and 'installs' the mod, when checking the game nothing has been installed.

What do?

If the folder "mods" doesn't exist in C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods then create one and put your extracted mod there.
Post by: jetb1ackx on September 08, 2018, 12:46:00 am
Oh wait, turns out I'm just an idiot, was looking in the wrong directory....

Welp, they seem to have installed properly, however maps that I know have a launch option in the mods screen are not appearing; in fact nothing is appearing in the launch mods screen. Is this something to do with the Steam version or am I just being stupid again?