UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: ryet115 on August 31, 2018, 12:28:29 pm

Title: playable character broken
Post by: ryet115 on August 31, 2018, 12:28:29 pm
So, I've been working on a few maps for a while now. Haven't posted them because they are nowhere near finished. I'm relatively new to map making and I've run into this problem i can't seem to get around.

So I've done a lot of work on my main map and whenever i try to test the map, my player just doesn't work. I can't move, look around, or do anything. I've been searching all around to fix it but i haven't found anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Title: Re: playable character broken
Post by: codmoddd1234 on September 03, 2018, 11:50:41 pm
Make sure your player spawn isn't inside a solid brush.
Try using Noclip to fly around.
Are you loading the map from console? Check for any messages about player spawning ect.
Post by: ryet115 on September 04, 2018, 04:51:38 am
My character is placed just above the floor and isnt touching anything (im not 100% sure what exactly a solid brush really is tbh). Im not loading it up from the console, and now i can't run the map at all. Not really sure why. Im using the old UGX mod and i got the illusive 'Weird alien text'. I know how to fix it using cod4 files but i dont have cod4. When i hit compile on the launcher, the map starts up normally, but when it loads in it shows a text bar (which i can't read) and when i hit ok it crashes everytime.
Post by: codmoddd1234 on September 04, 2018, 07:49:57 pm
Ugxmod has been updated and the garbled text is fixed in the update.