UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: Beanoid on August 10, 2018, 03:40:20 am

Title: Getting map models from SP Campaign
Post by: Beanoid on August 10, 2018, 03:40:20 am
Hi all. Im new to the modding scene. I wanted to make a Zombie map inside the Reichstag and so I wanted to use the model from the last campaign level where you wave the Soviet flag at the end of the mission.

I thought I would just be able to go into the game files and find some .map file. I was naive lol. I found the .ff file for that level (ber3b in game files -- Downfall for all of us) and decompiled it using many of the .ff decompilers around. Its all scripts.

I have been investigating and it seems like the map loads inside the script. As far as my understanding goes the files are inside COD´s custom BSP format (.d3dbsp) and no one has been able to extract much from those files. Latest topic I was able to find on this was on 2015.

Im wondering if things have changed during these 3 years. Is there any way to get campaign map models?
Title: Re: Getting map models from SP Campaign
Post by: cpt_johnson1 on August 11, 2018, 02:02:46 pm
Lol I wanted to do the same exact thing. I really want to make a Reichstag zombies map, but unfortunately you can't get the .map files. It's possible, but it's really hard and I don't think anyone has done it.
Post by: codmoddd1234 on August 12, 2018, 06:58:03 am
The xmodel, xanim, animtree are scripts for ber3b are in the raw/ folder of the modtools.
I don't think you need to extract any ff or bsp to do it.
Post by: Beanoid on August 21, 2018, 12:23:51 am
Thanks for the replies, I will look in to what was mentioned. The Launcher is able to compile maps and build .ff files, I would think knowing how to build .ff files means you know the structure of the file and could do some reverse engineering. Right now Im building a map from scratch so the Reichstag will have to wait.