UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: ugiklinu on July 22, 2018, 05:41:43 pm

Title: getting an error upon starting my map
Post by: ugiklinu on July 22, 2018, 05:41:43 pm
I finally got my map working, sort of. After struggling for about an hour on getting the mod actually applied on the game, I finally managed to execute the map. Well, sort of. You see, whenever I attemp to run the map, it just spits out an error about a missing server script, namely  "_zombiemode_powerups.gsc" even though I have it in my maps folder. This is really giving me a headache, why the hell is it not fucking working?
Title: Re: getting an error upon starting my map
Post by: isaacscott935 on July 25, 2018, 08:12:12 pm
When the error pops up, press the key below your ESC key and your SHIFT key at the same time. In the console it should display a more detailed error. Tell us what it says.
Post by: GlueGun87 on July 26, 2018, 01:39:52 am
Usually when the fn launcher creates a back up of my mods (with out my permission of course) and thus can't rename the Fucken folder
I just go to the local in the doc (so called) and just do it manually and place files in the iwd one. Using winrar.
Post by: ugiklinu on July 26, 2018, 03:12:36 am
Never mind, it's working now. Although if I try the map outside of safe mode waw if just crashes upon selecting the mod.  >:(
Post by: gympie6 on July 26, 2018, 05:03:14 am
I finally got my map working, sort of. After struggling for about an hour on getting the mod actually applied on the game, I finally managed to execute the map. Well, sort of. You see, whenever I attemp to run the map, it just spits out an error about a missing server script, namely  "_zombiemode_powerups.gsc" even though I have it in my maps folder. This is really giving me a headache, why the hell is it not fucking working?

You should know every script in raw/maps should not be editted. These are the backups if your mod is going to fail.
Maybe cod wants to find your missing script there.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on July 26, 2018, 10:23:28 am
nope

when the scripts are loaded in to FF

It checks for it in your mod first

if it doesnt find one, then loads from raw

( in bo3s case, if its also not in raw, then a copy is loaded, and it uses that )