UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: Swag_Chesse_xo1 on June 25, 2018, 12:01:04 am

Title: I messed up badly :(
Post by: Swag_Chesse_xo1 on June 25, 2018, 12:01:04 am
So when I started learning everything about making a mod, I deleted my mapname_patch because I didn't know what it was/did. Now I feel like an idiot for deleting it and I have no way of recovering my mapname_patch.gsc, mapname_patch_fx.gsc, mapname_patch_amb.gsc, mapname_patch_anim.gsc, etc...
I thought I could make a new map and copy+paste the patch stuff and rename it for the map. It compiled flawlessly but when I started the game Harrys Bo21's perk models aren't in-game and his origins hud is Checkered boxes. In addition to that, UGX Easy FX was also messed up and the end game cameras. So I deleted all the patch stuff and the mod in the game so I could recompile it completely without the patch. But I played it and it still had the glitched stuff in it. I found a fewdeleted files but when I compiled it, I got the "Map With No Materials" error (which I think is because of the missing mapname_patch.gsc thing). And that's where I am today, please help.
Title: Re: I messed up badly :(
Post by: death_reaper0 on June 25, 2018, 12:43:11 am
back up all working files (such as map, any gsc etc)
make a new mod with the exact same name etc
move all the backup files back in

should fix any broken files
Post by: Swag_Chesse_xo1 on June 25, 2018, 08:35:19 pm
That helped the patch stuff, but nothing else. Once you buy any perk, you cant knife, sprint, or throw grenades. Also when you buy a perk, any damage you get hit with will freeze the game for a few seconds. Which means you cant die because when you're about to the game freezes but you still heal. I put myself into a horde and didn't die. And when you buy a perk the bottle, the animation, and the symbol saying you have that perk isn't there.
Post by: death_reaper0 on June 25, 2018, 09:34:43 pm
your zombiemode_perks has an issue with it. likely somethings blocking this
Code Snippet
Plaintext
		self waittill_any( "fake_death", "death", "player_downed", "weapon_change_complete" );
self perk_give_bottle_end( gun, perk );
Post by: Harry Bo21 on June 26, 2018, 12:09:26 am
No it doesn’t

He has the stock patch - and no localised either

The assets are missing ( no knife can’t sprint means it couldn’t give the bottle )
Post by: death_reaper0 on June 26, 2018, 12:22:56 am
i thought if the bottle doesnt exist it just uses a default weapon, unless thats a different cod
Post by: Swag_Chesse_xo1 on June 26, 2018, 06:24:46 am
I could make a video of the glitch
Post by: isaacscott935 on June 26, 2018, 02:59:17 pm
If you created a new mod then make sure you have Harry's models and scripts in your new mods folder
Post by: Harry Bo21 on June 26, 2018, 08:47:51 pm
i thought if the bottle doesnt exist it just uses a default weapon, unless thats a different cod
no it just fails

meaning the weapon change complete notify never happens