UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Work-In-Progress => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Mods => Topic started by: mini0013xx on June 24, 2018, 12:40:41 am

Title: Custom Singleplayer Campaign "Timeline" Thread (WIP) UPDATE 7
Post by: mini0013xx on June 24, 2018, 12:40:41 am
Introduction:
Hey! A while back I released a level called "Tokyo", and I had a lot of fun and learned a lot from making that project. I had wanted to make a custom campaign of some undefined length ever since I started making maps in 2012 (It's a shame I didn't learn to program until 2016, if would have saved me a lot of trouble back when I was in Highschool making maps). I had decided to stop mapping and to move on to greener pastures (making a puzzle game for UE4) upon Tokyo's release in  September of 2017. However, I am back now, planning on making a short set of singleplayer maps which can be released by (hopefully) summer of 2019.

Premise:
This project, called "Timeline", is a pretty strange concept that I know hasn't been done yet in World at War. Inspired by the Half Life mods of the same name, this campaign will follow our hero, a silent Russian protagonist, throughout time as he attempts to stop the Nazis and their time machine from fundamentally changing all of human history. I expect to use the Der Reise teleporter asset to transition between levels (step in the teleporter, activate it, and then a new level will load in which the player will continue in search of yet another teleporter, gunning down Nazis and Imperial Japanese forces in his path).

What is in production?:
Currently I have three maps in production.
1. Time1 - currently working on making the base map.
- This map is the first level of the project. There isn't much exposition, and still working on some basic ideas before I start adding in anything storyline wise. About 70% done with constructing the map.
2. Inbetween1 - currently working on the base map.
- This map is the second level of the project. It's design isn't exactly kosher, and doesn't follow the normal style of mapping in Call of Duty. Things like floating islands just in general strange scenery changes as well as skybox changes.
3. Jungle - Currently working on the base map.
- I have no idea where this map will fit into the campaign, haven't gotten that far into planning the storyline yet. It'd be a short level, maybe ten minutes at max, so this one is not my main focus.

UPDATE 7 FOR 7/14/2018

Some detailing was done on the main map (time1) and some other things were added, but nothing too crazy.

I created a few prefabs and added to the map between1, of which you can see in the new update video.

IMAGES (From the previous update)
Spoiler: click to open...

(https://i.imgur.com/6cNiNzK.jpg)
(https://i.imgur.com/3h0W3e1.jpg)
(https://i.imgur.com/9vW4ceS.jpg)
(https://i.imgur.com/yple5Pg.jpg)
(https://i.imgur.com/0n4b3VK.jpg)
(https://i.imgur.com/f1LrOpg.jpg)

YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR UPDATE 7

The next update will consist of the following changes: The finishing of the map "Time1" in detail and construction, including added cover,

Thank you so much for reading or watching, if you did so, if you wish to comment about it don't be afraid to leave a comment on the forum board, or on the youtube video. Thanks for the support and I hope you all have a wonderful day.

If you wish to join me on this project and contribute a map or two, by all means let me know. I don't have any guidelines as to how these maps should go, just that they play well once finished. If you want to fight the nazis on Mars in the far future or the Japanese in an underwater structure during the Bronze age is up to you, most ideas I won't say no to (and both of those actually sound pretty awesome if you're REALLY willing to do that). I don't have a set storyline, and the storyline won't be much more than little notes on the loading screen (like in Call of Duty 2) describing what you've been doing going from place to place, so don't worry too much about following a storyline, just make whatever map you feel like. (Just tell me if you're joining ahead of time, else I won't be able to help out if you want things like some of the prefabs or textures I have, and such).

Previous Updates:
7/7/2018
I should have posted this yesterday, but I got too busy to actually write out the update so instead I am here now. Don't worry, I wasn't slacking - the update you'll see in the video/picture is the same as the one from Saturday when I uploaded it.

New update includes:
1. Mountain prefabs, for distant details. I feel like I did a good job with them, what is your opinion?
2. Added the cliff-side on the right side of the map, so no longer will you look right in the first city encounter and see the open air. Now it is a carved out cliff. Some new details will be added to that as time moves on.
3. The rest of the encounter 3 area is done. That means I just need to make an introductory area, the closing lab/factory (which shall be a well put together prefab) and then the level will be ready for detailing.

I've also been working here and there in the level "Between1", which would be the followup to this level. want to say I am about 25% done with that area, and I have to say it's looking quite strange - which is how I want it to be. It won't be presentable for a while. Next week I'll let you all have a sneak peak at what Between1 looks like, the ideas and themes that I have set up for it, and all that jazz.

YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR UPDATE 6

The next update will consist of the following changes: A back cliff wall for the town, some structural detailing of the city encounter area 1 (the two streets when the player is pushing into the city before he/she has to turn left), detailing of main bunker. For the map Between1, I expect to finally finish the chasm, as well as the end room for the level, though this is more of a stretch goal considering my other goals for this level.
6/30/2018
What is new in this update? (UPDATE 5)
The second half of the encounter 2 area has been made. (Buildings added, ground added, etc.) as well as the first half of the encounter 3 area in the level Time1.
There was some progress on InBetween1 but I will not be showing that off for now.
Time1's Encounter2Set2 has received it's mock encounter.

What should be appearing in the next update?
Time1's encounter 3 area shall be complete. Cliffs will be surrounding the town.
New Bunker will be fleshed out a little more for detail/lighting purposes.
InBetween1's "chasm" will be completely constructed.

New Screenshot:
(https://i.imgur.com/quh3IrF.jpg)

New Update Video:
6/23/2018
Currently I have three maps in production. The first map (available for viewing in the video below) is called Time1 (which will probably be named "prologue" or "introduction" within the main menu once I am done with the project), a map in which combined American and Russian forces push the German and Japanese forces back to their bunker, and then search it for the time machine. The other is called InBetween1, a map which is in between time, and thus you'll get interesting things like changing skyboxes and floating pieces of land and such (not shown, but in progress). The third is called Jungle, which is just a Japanese town (occupied  by combined Japanese and German forces) alongside a cliff in the jungle (also not shown).

The latest update video (Update 4) below:

There will be a new update every Saturday (hopefully).

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Title: Re: Custom Singleplayer Campaign "Timeline" Thread (WIP)
Post by: gympie6 on June 24, 2018, 01:22:21 pm
6/23/2018

Hey! A while back I released a level called "Tokyo", and I had a lot of fun and learned a lot from making that project. I had wanted to make a custom campaign of some undefined length ever since I started making maps in 2012 (It's a shame I didn't learn to program until 2016, if would have saved me a lot of trouble back when I was in Highschool making maps). I had decided to stop mapping and to move on to greener pastures (making a puzzle game for UE4) upon Tokyo's release in  September of 2017. However, I am back now, planning on making a short set of singleplayer maps which can be released by (hopefully) summer of 2019.

This project, called "Timeline", is a pretty strange concept that I know hasn't been done yet in World at War. Inspired by the Half Life mods of the same name, this campaign will follow our hero, a silent Russian progagonist, throughout time as he attempts to stop the Nazis and their time machine from fundamentally changing all of human history. I expect to use the Der Reise teleporter asset to transition between levels (step in the teleporter, activate it, and then a new level will load in which the player will continue in search of yet another teleporter, gunning down Nazis and Imperial Japanese forces in his path).

Currently I have three maps in production. The first map (available for viewing in the video below) is called Time1 (which will probably be named "prologue" or "introduction" within the main menu once I am done with the project), a map in which combined American and Russian forces push the German and Japanese forces back to their bunker, and then search it for the time machine. The other is called InBetween1, a map which is in between time, and thus you'll get interesting things like changing skyboxes and floating pieces of land and such (not shown, but in progress). The third is called Jungle, which is just a Japanese town (occupied  by combined Japanese and German forces) alongside a cliff in the jungle (also not shown).

If you wish to join me on this project and contribute a map or two, by all means let me know. I don't have any guidelines as to how these maps should go, just that they play well once finished. If you want to fight the nazis on Mars in the far future or the Japanese in an underwater structure during the Bronze age is up to you, most ideas I won't say no to (and both of those actually sound pretty awesome if you're REALLY willing to do that). I don't have a set storyline, and the storyline won't be much more than little notes on the loading screen (like in Call of Duty 2) describing what you've been doing going from place to place, so don't worry too much about following a storyline, just make whatever map you feel like. (Just tell me if you're joining ahead of time, else I won't be able to help out if you want things like some of the prefabs or textures I have, and such).

The latest update video (Update 4) below:

(Content removed from quote.)
There will be a new update every Saturday (hopefully).

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Yeh I played that one! It's was really a good mod! About joining forces, I have to think about if I want that.. Currently I am planning to finish one of my zombiemaps and release it to the community. But I fall into limit issues which are killing my mod.
Post by: mini0013xx on June 24, 2018, 02:20:49 pm
Yeh I played that one! It's was really a good mod! About joining forces, I have to think about if I want that.. Currently I am planning to finish one of my zombiemaps and release it to the community. But I fall into limit issues which are killing my mod.

Thank you!

No pressure. If you're having issues with your map, perhaps post a topic in the help section. There are plenty of people in the World at War modding community who will be willing to help you.
Post by: mini0013xx on June 30, 2018, 08:28:13 pm
NEW UPDATE!!
Check out the original post for new updates! All of the details will be in the original post, as well as the update video and a new screenshot.
Post by: gympie6 on July 01, 2018, 04:24:46 am
NEW UPDATE!!
Check out the original post for new updates! All of the details will be in the original post, as well as the update video and a new screenshot.

Wooow looks cool man!!! Keep it up :)
Post by: mini0013xx on July 01, 2018, 05:34:23 am
Wooow looks cool man!!! Keep it up :)

Thanks!! I appreciate the support!
Title: Re: Custom Singleplayer Campaign "Timeline" Thread (WIP) UPDATE 6
Post by: mini0013xx on July 08, 2018, 03:05:51 pm
Update 6 is out! Check the original post for any new pictures and videos!
Title: Re: Custom Singleplayer Campaign "Timeline" Thread (WIP) UPDATE 6
Post by: IamTIMMEHHH on July 13, 2018, 04:43:08 pm
cool
Title: Re: Custom Singleplayer Campaign "Timeline" Thread (WIP) UPDATE 7
Post by: mini0013xx on July 16, 2018, 02:25:08 am
Update 7 is out!!

It isn't much, but accompanying with this update is the end of the weekly updates. To put it simply, not dishing out enough for those to be worthwhile, and life is catching up with my so my productivity is going to be slowing down. But I'm hoping I can give you all a BIG update come mid - late August. See you then!!