UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: klevi on June 16, 2018, 07:29:57 am

Title: WTF is this error
Post by: klevi on June 16, 2018, 07:29:57 am
anyone knows how to fix this error - Exceeded limit of 1600 sound assets - i have downloaded bo1 weapons before from cfgfactory and yesterday i just installed all assault weapons = 7 weapons . when i tried to play the game i couldnt because of this error
Title: Re: WTF is this error
Post by: isaacscott935 on June 16, 2018, 08:34:25 am
Go to root\raw\soundaliases and open the file weapons.csv and comment out the lines which contain sounds you don’t need.
Post by: klevi on June 16, 2018, 09:16:19 am
mhhhhhh i dont think i will be able toi fix that -where can i know which sounds i dont need man - the file says that its 100% weapon soo i believe i need all  -
https://gyazo.com/b3c97f4da6dc3fdf54b14c07ef61e4bd
https://gyazo.com/c8e0f7561686bd40a267ac40913d445e
Post by: isaacscott935 on June 16, 2018, 09:21:26 am
There’s a file in soundaliases called weapons.csv. Open that and comment out lines. You can remove sounds of the multiplayer weapons.
Post by: klevi on June 16, 2018, 09:29:23 am
ok ill try

Double Post Merge: June 16, 2018, 11:09:04 am
its not working man

Double Post Merge: June 16, 2018, 11:12:34 am
There’s a file in soundaliases called weapons.csv. Open that and comment out lines. You can remove sounds of the multiplayer weapons.

look - https://gyazo.com/c35e649495d4fa9a5a0c695cd677f29c
Post by: gympie6 on June 16, 2018, 01:34:01 pm
ok ill try

Double Post Merge: June 16, 2018, 11:09:04 am
its not working man

Double Post Merge: June 16, 2018, 11:12:34 am

look - https://gyazo.com/c35e649495d4fa9a5a0c695cd677f29c

After you set this symbol: # or removed the lines from the file you need to compile your level and not just only use modbuilder.
Modbuilder only works with files in your mod or refence files that's needed to run the mod in cod.
Post by: Tim Smith on June 16, 2018, 01:35:09 pm
Also, before you do anything. Make a copy of the original file.
Post by: isaacscott935 on June 16, 2018, 01:44:34 pm
After you set this symbol: # or removed the lines from the file you need to compile your level and not just only use modbuilder.
Modbuilder only works with files in your mod or refence files that's needed to run the mod in cod.

Yeah I mentioned that when he PMed me
Post by: Harry Bo21 on June 16, 2018, 02:57:04 pm
That is not correct..

Modbuilder is to convert the sounds

Just comment them out of the alias to not ‘load’ the sounds...
Post by: gympie6 on June 17, 2018, 12:16:34 pm
That is not correct..

Modbuilder is to convert the sounds

Just comment them out of the alias to not ‘load’ the sounds...

Yes that's correct Modbuilder is to convert sounds but some files are loaded from the ZoneSource folder so you need to compile your map again to add them or remove them from your mod.
Post by: klevi on June 18, 2018, 12:01:02 am
Why anyone of you didnt tell me that T4M(r45)  can fix this.....mhhhhhhhh
Post by: Harry Bo21 on June 18, 2018, 12:43:07 am
I doesn’t ‘fix’ it that’s why

It just raised the limit - the problems still there you are just gonna hit it again later...

T4m is NOT necessary on the kind of things you guys make. You should learn to manage your assets

If something doesn’t fit in a box, the ‘fix’ isn’t to make the box bigger - it’s to take some stuff out of the box

Plus a lot of people cannot use T4m. Doesn’t work on some editions of the game and causes massive graphical glitches on certain hardware rendering the map unplayable for them. So by forcing T4m on something that most definitely doesn’t need it you are locking a bunch of potential players out completely
Post by: RadimaX on June 18, 2018, 08:38:57 am
i read T4M doubles the limit, but also i read about T4M will make or break your map so use it casually since many people stay away from downloading a map as soon as it has the words T4M in it. i would much rather prefer a simple map downloaded and enjoyed without any 3rd party program needed to be additionally downloaded by 4 people and pasted in and run with seperate .exe and its a whole mess i never got into since the time T4M was invented. still wont get into it so if you like MORE people to play your map, more people CAN without t4m, less people can with T4M since not everybody download all additional things required to run the map, and later on complain to you when it wont work without it even tho you clearly specify it needs it for even STARTING a god damn game on round 1 and that wont be possible among alot of players, especially if they play bo3 or bo4 coming soon, so to minimize the effort for everyone removing some sounds could be more worth looking in to than using mods, on top of the zombie map mod itself that will later on become your unplayable map ;) also running normal maps while having T4M on can cause massive graphical glitches and if you prefer closing and opening games for instance if you are streaming a cool new map, that will break the immersion, fun and whole player experience for the maps that follow the one you will make and get complaints about haha so think of the consequences
Post by: isaacscott935 on June 18, 2018, 02:48:00 pm
Why anyone of you didnt tell me that T4M(r45)  can fix this.....mhhhhhhhh

Avoid using T4M because it’s not necessary. A lot of people can’t use T4M for some reason. Just comment out the lines in the folder I told you to and the problem will be solved.
Post by: Joeycx on June 19, 2018, 07:58:04 pm
In your raw/soundalias folder there should be a weapons.csv file. I'm assuming you aren't using all the waw weapons so comment them out (https://i.gyazo.com/77d61fabd611d7d6dd37930d18d2e254.png), you can also comment sounds out of your nazi_zombie_factory.csv. If you're adding more weapons, you'll run into that issue again, so double check or triple check sounds you aren't using and comment them out.
Post by: mapping_noob on June 20, 2018, 02:00:35 am
if you want I can send you files that u can replace to make the map not need T4M. A lot of it is just single player campaign sounds like tanks and stuff you do not need being called (unless you have a tank in your map)