UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: nuketown122 on June 15, 2018, 03:44:05 am

Title: Why is this texture bugging out!!!
Post by: nuketown122 on June 15, 2018, 03:44:05 am
I removed the background of these 2 textures/brushes but every time I test the map there are some spots where you can see through it

Radiant:
(https://i.imgur.com/fD3Ro1d.png)

In game:
(https://i.imgur.com/o0UhQU9.jpg)
Title: Re: Why is this texture bugging out!!!
Post by: RadimaX on June 15, 2018, 04:56:30 am
Move it up 0.25 Units
Post by: GlueGun87 on June 15, 2018, 05:40:04 pm
It's because of the map tool, its because there are literally thousands of files being used to load these wonder,
so say you have 2 or more textures that you put on, there is one way or the other, the file found in raw (if you look around in there...) there well be material,
And in this folder you get the same style texture name, and the title implies a bug. Going Back to this material names. there is 1 extra material that has a different name and thus creating its see thru level (touching), the other one is in your gdt, your custom tga might have some errors because the game dont support it that much or the game is touching another file. simple solution and i am Hoping that it helps other modders here. Or you can go advance and teach your self the labor in adding texture
 and learn about the internal file names, not much but little as possible vs just point and drag. (Whispering its a better option).
Post by: RadimaX on June 15, 2018, 05:51:20 pm
or...Move it up 0.25 Units
Post by: Harry Bo21 on June 15, 2018, 07:19:22 pm
It's because of the map tool, its because there are literally thousands of files being used to load these wonder,
so say you have 2 or more textures that you put on, there is one way or the other, the file found in raw (if you look around in there...) there well be material,
And in this folder you get the same style texture name, and the title implies a bug. Going Back to this material names. there is 1 extra material that has a different name and thus creating its see thru level (touching), the other one is in your gdt, your custom tga might have some errors because the game dont support it that much or the game is touching another file. simple solution and i am Hoping that it helps other modders here. Or you can go advance and teach your self the labor in adding texture
 and learn about the internal file names, not much but little as possible vs just point and drag. (Whispering its a better option).
what lol
Post by: RadimaX on June 15, 2018, 08:49:15 pm
what lol
Ramblings of a mad man, did not get any of that  ;)
Post by: isaacscott935 on June 15, 2018, 08:54:45 pm

Didn't understand a word
Just do what Radi said lol
Post by: GlueGun87 on June 16, 2018, 05:40:30 pm
Didn't understand a word
Just do what Radi said lol
science dude! come on even you grew up with it haha